Soul Calibur V Connection Problems?

@DYY
I set my router to assign the PS3 (via its unique MAC address) a fixed IP.
Thus my PS3 is on 192.xxx.xx.13
Maybe 13 is an unlucky number...
Never considered that one.

you set it by the mac address? ummmmm try... the PC address? O__O (not a computer expert... just googled the connection issues on my ps3 to find answers)

Dampierre is DLC character. You get him from buying SCV at best buy in the U.S.(no... not pre-ordering... the best buy version of SCV comes with the dampierre code in the SCV box, there is even a seal on the best buy SCV box that says exclusive dampierre code inside.) I'm sure they will release Dampierre later on the PSN for 5 bucks or something... like they did with Yoda back in SCIV.

Ohh, okay! That was such a waste... I should've just bought it at Best Buy. Oh well. I'll just have to download it as a DLC later on.

Dampierre is DLC character. You get him from buying SCV at best buy in the U.S.(no... not pre-ordering... the best buy version of SCV comes with the dampierre code in the SCV box, there is even a seal on the best buy SCV box that says exclusive dampierre code inside.) I'm sure they will release Dampierre later on the PSN for 5 bucks or something... like they did with Yoda back in SCIV.
Oh damn.... please don't even get me started with Yoda... I detest that character so much....

Lol I know right? It was annoying how you couldn't grab him, yet he could grab you. And pulling off combos was very difficult!! RAGE!

My friend used to just play yoda. It pissed me off so much, all he would do is grab and low attack and my moves were always too slow -_-
Whenever I beat him I would really overkill him.

you set it by the mac address? ummmmm try... the PC address?
Not quite sure what you mean by "PC address".
Normally a router will dynamically assign an IP address (can change every time it's rebooted). You either set the client device to a fixed IP or you can instruct the router to identify the client and assign a given address.
Well that's how I understand it....
I'm probably barking up the wrong tree.
I'm intrigued if Emily stays on the good side of bad tomorrow....

My friend used to just play yoda. It pissed me off so much, all he would do is grab and low attack and my moves were always too slow -_-
Whenever I beat him I would really overkill him.

I would do the same with the overkill part lol
The only way I'd beat Yoda, is with Darth Vader (derp lol) and maybe Taki.
But mostly with Darth Vader, because he had that low force attack. I loved using Darth Vader. He was my second main.

Not quite sure what you mean by "PC address".
Normally a router will dynamically assign an IP address (can change every time it's rebooted). You either set the client device to a fixed IP or you can instruct the router to identify the client and assign a given address.
Well that's how I understand it....
I'm probably barking up the wrong tree.
I'm intrigued if Emily stays on the good side of bad tomorrow....

you said you set the router via MAC address... I meant set it by the non mac address? cause i noticed the ps3 has a normal ip address and a mac address.

I can shut yoda down with cervantes <3.

I would do the same with the overkill part lol
The only way I'd beat Yoda, is with Darth Vader (derp lol) and maybe Taki.
But mostly with Darth Vader, because he had that low force attack. I loved using Darth Vader. He was my second main.
Hmm I would spam Taki's bomb over and over again until I completely destroyed him!
And Xianghua's stomp was effective against him too.
Hmm... somehow I think we got off topic...

you said you set the router via MAC address... I meant set it by the non mac address? cause i noticed the ps3 has a normal ip address and a mac address.
@DYY
All devices have a unique MAC address. This cannot be changed. It can only be fooled by passing on a "fake" MAC address to your provider (not normally necessary these days). Anyway, I'll try setting the IP address in the PS3 but it will amount to the same thing, namely 192.***.**.13.
Ho Hum

Hmm I would spam Taki's bomb over and over again until I completely destroyed him!

We did get off topic lol

Anyways.. Yes. Changing the MTU of your PS3 could possibly help. I feel like it helped me. Hopefully it'll still be working tomorrow. I changed my MTU to 1472 I believe.

I think some of us are just joyed to have SCV finally working properly. The game has been out for... 23 days now? Finally being able to frequently find opponents to play and having the online work without a hitch is such a good feeling. I think our joy just made us go off topic ;D. have to celebrate SCV working now haha.

SCV definitely feels like it needs special attention. Every other online game I played... I have not had to tweak this many router/ps3 settings. It gets kinda frustrating when I can play other games online... such as soul calibur IV, super street fighter IV, and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 online... and yet SCV would not work. Although after getting SCV I am thankful the game forced me to optimize my ps3 settings. I got ps3 back in 2009 and I was on NAT 3 this whole time until recently. I'm thinking my connection on other games must have improved.

But ya, seeing as multiple people in this thread had to tweak router/ps3 settings, the net code for scV forces you to have optimized connection settings. Funny how one game needs all these settings tweaked.

edit: @ Accordian

hmmmmm did you double check your ports?
TCP: 80, 443, 5223
UDP: 3478, 3479, 3658

First time I opened ports... I had the wrong port settings. I had 3478 as TCP for example.

@DYY
Well put. My sentiments entirely.
My Assassins Creed on-line play experience must be amazing now. Even the the tweeking is so far not working for SC5, it must make my other games run like a train on nitro.

@DYY
If you are using DMZ there is no need to port forward. All ports are wide open.
In any case I have them set as well, just in case......

@DYY
Well put. My sentiments entirely.
My Assassins Creed on-line play experience must be amazing now. Even the the tweeking is so far not working for SC5, it must make my other games run like a train on nitro.

i don't know if you saw my edit post ;D. Did you double check the ports? Like i said... I had it wrong the first time... changing it to the correct one might help.

I think some of us are just joyed to have SCV finally working properly. The game has been out for... 23 days now? Finally being able to frequently find opponents to play and having the online work without a hitch is such a good feeling. I think our joy just made us go off topic ;D. have to celebrate SCV working now haha.

SCV definitely feels like it needs special attention. Every other online game I played... I have not had to tweak this many router/ps3 settings. It gets kinda frustrating when I can play other games online... such as soul calibur IV, super street fighter IV, and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 online... and yet SCV would not work. Although after getting SCV I am thankful the game forced me to optimize my ps3 settings. I got ps3 back in 2009 and I was on NAT 3 this whole time until recently. I'm thinking my connection on other games must have improved.

But ya, seeing as multiple people in this thread had to tweak router/ps3 settings, the net code for scV forces you to have optimized connection settings. Funny how one game needs all these settings tweaked.

edit: @ Accordian

hmmmmm did you double check your ports?
TCP: 80, 443, 5223
UDP: 3478, 3479, 3658

First time I opened ports... I had the wrong port settings. I had 3478 as TCP for example.

Hmm so you suggest I tweak my router? Did it work well for you? No more connection drops in between fights?

i'm just gonna double post anyways so my post is seen.

ya I personally have DMZ AND open ports... doesn't hurt to try.

Hmm so you suggest I tweak my router? Did it work well for you? No more connection drops in between fights?

welll here is the the thing.

I had closed ports and NAT 3 when I first started playing SCV. Every room in player match had zero bars. I could not find a single person in ranked match. After I changed to NAT 2 and opened all ports. I could find player matches and find some rank matches. However there would be times where my connection still drops or I didn't find anyone in ranked matches or connect to anyone in player matches. Like SCV would be fine 1 hour... then the next hour it wouldn't work. Rank matches would take on average 5-10 minutes to find someone and I would always have the setting to north america region with 2bars+ for searching. SCV was playable.. I was able to get 2-4 bar connections with random people, but connection would still drop at random. After the MTU tweak. Wow I suddenly have godly connection. I am finding matches very frequently now on PSN. I can go to rank matches and search other regions with 4bars+ and it will find people for me.

so yes tweaking my router gave me better connection. After MTU was tweaked, i'm having the best experience in SCV online right now.

Back