Soul Calibur V Connection Problems?

Hey, everyone! So it's official. SCV is finally working for me now! I called my friend and she was able to to play with me no problem! I'm so happy it works now! Not to mention all the trophies I've unlocked now and will be able to unlock!

yesterday i played player match for an hour straight without any probs......the oly prob is the ranked match...

darnnnnnnn....just got a 3 bar opponent nd thn got disconnected...

guys add me......my psn id is vish4eva.........im onnn for some sparring!!!!!!!!!

I am on an actiontec Q1000 with DSL using PPPoE. I tried to enable transparent bridging since port forwarding seems sketch with this modem/router... anyone else using it? A link to SPECIFIC STEPS on what to forward?

Hey, everyone! So it's official. SCV is finally working for me now! I called my friend and she was able to to play with me no problem! I'm so happy it works now! Not to mention all the trophies I've unlocked now and will be able to unlock!

@emily

ok we know you can connect now... but is it optimized? How frequent are you finding rank matches now? for me I find them every 1-2 mins. The frequency of finding rank matches should be a indicator if your connection is optimized

@Accorman
ummmmmmm.... ok I know you said your MTU value is 1472... how about you just disregard what your ping tests say and go even lower? perhaps to 1450... or 1400? It doesn't look like you have anything to lose at this point. Maybe a random MTU value will make SCV work for you by dumb luck? Only other thing I can think of... restart all modems/routers?

@vish4eva
ok it sounds like lowering the MTU for you improved connection. You should try assigning your ps3 a ip so you can port foward and DMZ it.

i'll repost this guide, since it is buried a few pages back.
http://www.pregamelobby.com/ps3-ps2-psone-discussions/5618-how-get-type-2-open-nat-your-ps3.html

The guide explains how to get NAT 2 and open ports. There is also another section in your router that can you tweak DMZ settings, you should hopefully come across it if you are gonna tweak router settings

@iain
ummmm read the above guide? the above guide doesn't have your specific router, but it should give you a good idea what to look for.

Oh! "The Guide" That I should somehow know about, buried in this sea of minutia. That one.

Emily: GREAT JOB!! I'm glad your game is working. Are you a girl? Looks like you're a girl, I cant quite tell for sure but it sure seems like it! What'd you have for lunch today? Any other updates you want to give us?

@DYY: yep mines alrdy prt frwded as well as DMZ...but still can find a ranked match oly after 5 or 6 tries....nd sumtimes its a bit laggy or quits in the middle......:(

@DYY
I've tried lower values in fact if they get too low the router complains that it has to split packets. Tomorrow I am going to strip all other computers and stuff from my system and connect my ps3 straight into my router modem . then I will reboot. csnt get cleaner than that .

well there you go. I did nothing and just thought I woulkd have one more try. what happened? it worked all eveing. The gods of SC5 were with me (and my router).

well there you go. I did nothing and just thought I woulkd have one more try. what happened? it worked all eveing. The gods of SC5 were with me (and my router).
Wow you were just unlucky all those other times. Welcome to scv online.

I'm still getting disconnected all the time online. Other games such as Mortal Kombat work fine online on my PS3.

AFAIK I have tried everything to fix this:
  • NAT 2 (it was on this originally anyway)
  • Restarted Router
  • Forwarded PS3 Ports
  • Put PS3 in DMZ
  • Lowered MTU to 1472 (this was the recommended value from the test, but this + 28 = 1500, the default value anyway)
Is there anything else?

I'm about to give up playing this online frankly, unless Namco do a patch which ends up fixing it.
Of course I am not downloading any hentai or anything in the background while trying to play.

Yeh I have, doesn't seem to make any difference.

I've been lurking this thread for weeks now, saw you saying it had just started working recently so I tried it tonight hoping I had got lucky too but nope.

First game was OK, second game lost connection after I ring outed the other guy twice - was hoping it was a rage quit, third game dc'd in the middle of first round so seems it's still there.

I'll try it again in a day or two unless anyone has any bright ideas.

Yeh I don't have much hope for them fixing it. It seems to affect only a small percentage of the playerbase so they're not gonna care.

Yeh I don't have much hope for them fixing it. It seems to affect only a small percentage of the playerbase so they're not gonna care.

well several people on this thread has fixed their scv connection.

probably some other setting that can be tweaked that i am unaware of.

Anyhow, is not fair.
More pople could buy the game, even more than a month later of its releasing (what a sin...) and if they have the same problems we had it's just shameful...

We should tell Namco something like... if they don't fix these little netcode issues before Mar 10, even more players will left this to play Street Fighter x Tekken, the greatest FG crossover. xD

Back