SOULCALIBUR 6: News, leaks and information discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The original logo that they revealed at TGA was darker. I honestly can't decide if they should have stuck with the darker one or the current version.

Screen-Shot-2017-12-07-at-7.48.32-PM-747x309.png
I think a big issue with it is how it (especially the new version of the logo on the Mitsurugi and Geralt picture that's amplified by the Soul Calibur and Edge on the sides) just comes off looking cheap and thrown together by someone in PhotoShop who has the most basic ass font editing and logo creation skills.

Lastly, I know that there people who don’t like guests or The Witcher are disappointed, and that’s fine.

Take solace that now until release the rest of the character reveals will most likely just be SC characters now.
Geralt isn't bad, the great thing for me is that's his tonally consistent with the SC era, he's just dull to look at compared to the other cast. Ezio IMO was the best guest character ever implemented, Heihachi second (even though he's technically Bandai Namco's IP). All Project Soul had to do was brighten Gerald up with the same flare they give to the main cast. All I see are the generic modern mud shades that you see all over western gaming.

you don't need great polished graphics to show off the gameplay, that's one of the best things to leave to the end. There's a reason early 'gameplay' trailers by the big western AAA publishers often turn out to have all been pre-rendered stuff even if they've got playable builds available.

Thank you Namco so much for that!!! But please don't be lazy now and give us different options in 2P instead of those small color changes! Like this:
costumes.jpg

Give us sword opitions too... there are many in The Witcher
swords.jpg

and please... I know you never did it before... but PLEASE GIVE US Geralt Fight Style on CAS so we can create our own witchers

Graphically at this advanced stage of development, the game looks terrible, and this worries me quite a lot. It makes me think there wont be any great improvement from here to the launch date.
I thought it might have just been me, but I watched that trailer and few times over already and it somehow makes the game look the roughest it has been and looked so far.
I really do think Geralt is either not in a development spot of being a finished character (hence the focus on cinematic fluff as opposed to gameplay), his stage is not done (which is very possible since aspects like the lighting and color filtering just looked off), or a mix of both.

Honestly, if he isn't finished, that puts further weight towards that realistic styled swordsman that uses Half-Swording and Murder Stroke was all in all definitely meant to be him for sure but there was possibly something else to that.

Maybe the information I had was slightly lost in translation (which wouldn't be the first time as my The World Ends With You 2 on Switch info was misinterpreted when it was relayed to me as they said it was a new The World Ends With You on Switch, so they assumed it was a sequel due to the wording and not a definitive edition port) and Project Soul had an idea dedicated for a new SC character at first that could do those things (realistic styled swordfighting, Half-Swording and Murder Stroke) which they realized or decided it was similar enough to a massively popular character that they could make the deal with CD Projekt RED to get Geralt in there to make the best of it all across the board.

Last edited:
So I'm assuming that the user at Resetera who claimed about the Geralt of Rivia is a guest character and 39 characters is true?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ok...est-characters-ivy.11790/page-10#post-4989110
Like I said before, even entertaining the possibility of that being true, it would not be 39 unique characters.

Geralt was a very easy low risk guess to make.
Yeah and if anything, Geralt was the safest guest character choice they have ever made.

Graphically at this advanced stage of development, the game looks terrible, and this worries me quite a lot. It makes me think there wont be any great improvement from here to the launch date.

On PC you will be able to use Reshade/SweetFX tool o make the game look quite better depending on your personal tastes.

Even the over-saturated Tekken 7 could be somehow fixed adding some filters:

https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/screenshot/59333/

On the other side, Geralt could not miss Soul Calibur VI. My favorite guest character for this franchise so far.

That poster featuring Mitsurugi/Geralt... I hope it's just for a promotional purpose. About the logo... it could use some improvements.

I sincerely hope they will give us a better cover art than the one we have seen so far. Even as a fan of Geralt I find it quite boring and unimpressive. Not the worse I've seen... but bland. Anyway I usually do not like videogame cover art boxes... most of them are awful.

Honestly the only thing that really matters to me is that the game turns out to be as good as it can get. But the presentation is an important factor too that's for sure.

Last edited:
Well at least were not getting those one piece pirate characters that the rumor implied. I see that there keeping this sc more serious,that I like very much.
jSbyAoS.gif

Ah, yes.
UnawareMintyButterfly-max-1mb.gif

VERY serious.
Who said that Geralt will be guest character first? WHO?! :p
I've been calling it since TW3 first launched, if that counts.
That would be awful as a boxart. lol
I hope it's just a promotional poster for pre-ordering or something. The boxart should have more characters, more colours, just generally more interesting and less bland and boring..
Have you never seen a SC box art?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back