Soulcalibur IV At Devastation 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Devastation is now live with Day 3 finals action from the event which is being held at the Phoenix Convention Center in Phoenix, Arizona. The finals for Soulcalibur IV are now over with lolo your Devastation 2011 champion.

Check after the break for a rundown of the top 8 finalists, matches and aftermath.

Top 8 Finalists​

NoFaceKill3r (Ivy)​
Omega (Zasalamel)​

lolo (Yoshimitsu)​
KrayzieCD (Xianghua, Maxi, Mitsurugi)​

LostProvidence (Setsuka)​
VINTS (aka MoneyMuffins) (Sophitia)​

RTD (The Apprentice, Ivy, Xianghua)​
NDK (Kilik, Voldo)​

Top 3 Results
1st Place: Lolo
2nd Place: NoFaceKill3r
3rd Place: RTD

You can go to the front page of TestYourMight.com right now and see the results of the MK tournament from Dev. SRK posted that Fuudo won EVO on their front page when that happened.

I'm sorry that the results were ruined for you, but the world doesn't stop for KingAce.
You're being an idiot. The logical thing to do is to change the name of the thread to something like "Results ,"or something.

Even if I am the only one complaining, I can bet you I am not the only one you did this disservice. If I want to know the results of a tournament I make that choice by clicking the appropriate thread.

Pay a simple courtesy to the members of this site don't post spoilers on the front page in the "TITLE", where I have no choice in the matter. It's simple professionalism.

As far as you comment about EVO, I can't confirm or deny. But for just about every tournament, when Keits posts on the front page the results aren't spoiled in the freaking title.

When I finally settle down from unpacking, I'm gonna watch how my hero took first. I think Pocky Yoshi can sleep better at night. Yes he can lol.

Grats, Lolo. Way to rep that Yoshi. Glad to see my boy Krayzie gave you some trouble along the way, though. REALLY looking forward to watching that match.

Thanks :), and yes, Krazie was probably the player with more experience against Yoshi, and he went all the way with X, and we know how she hurts him, Krazy is super good, I wanted the GF with him, he was playing really good.

Congrats to lolo. You going to NEC? If I'm there, let's throw down.

Just as importantly, congrats to Vints. Who needs practice when you can channel sexual frustration into a solid showing every time? Hit me up sometime, my friend.

I've given you concrete examples and yet I'm being an idiot? It's not my fault that you've haven't done your research or kept up with other sites have done.

This also isn't a tournament results thread. This is a NEWS thread. Lolo winning at Dev is NEWS. If this was a tournament results thread, then it would say Dev Tournament Results. Because this is a NEWS thread, it looks retarded if I kept my original post with outdated news on the front page of this site, which is why the thread title has been changed and the main post was updated several times to reflect that, not to mention time consuming.

When I posted the full results for Summer Jam 5 in the Tournament Results section, it was later promoted to the front page and turned into a NEWS article. The winner wasn't mentioned in the thread title, but right in the first paragraph it was mentioned that Woahhzz was the winner since it was news. If you want to look at a comparison, Event Hubs usually posts tournament results for major tournaments. Since they give more of a rundown of what happened, they use a generic title.

As for my EVO comment, you can't confirm or deny because you don't want to put the work in to check for yourself. Go through their first page articles and you'll see, or if you would have seen their front page at the time, you would have saw Fuudo's mug all over it.

IMO, we should reveal results in the title more often.

"Vincent Destroys LostProvidence's Ego at Devastation 2011"

Malice: Please change the title to that.

I wish I could, but got to Stay on my Dudley and keep it classy for the front page. You can put that in your signature or something. I told LP he was going to lose to a Sophie since he said that he was going to break the hearts of all of the Sophie players there, so good shit on whooping that ass.

TEETH! You and Krayzie were awesome on the commentary. I wish I was out there this year. Miss them pearly whites. Plus we had more viewers watching SC4 which is a 3 year old game that gets alot of shit than the other two games that were being streamed on the second stream on Sunday.

And I hope everyone had a great time a Dev. We usually do despite whatever issues take place. Whoever can make it to NEC, I hope to see you there. If not, I'll see you at Dev next year where hopefully SCV will blow the fuck up. Holla at me.

Someone should play an official results thread! Really wish I could've stayed another day but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Good job Lolo! Lucky I wasn't there though! (:

Send me you, Donte, and Malcolm's numbers, please.

IMO, we should reveal results in the title more often.

"Vincent Destroys LostProvidence's Ego at Devastation 2011"

Malice: Please change the title to that.

16-1.

I wish I could, but got to Stay on my Dudley and keep it classy for the front page. You can put that in your signature or something. I told LP he was going to lose to a Sophie since he said that he was going to break the hearts of all of the Sophie players there, so good shit on whooping that ass.

I didn't lose to Sophie - I lost to my own nerves. I was pretty salty at first, no lie but part of the reason I followed through on Dev was to help get over my own nerves. Pretty much called I was going to go 0-2 because of nerves and the whole bracket switch at top 8 didn't help matters. Regardless, you can ask Vince and Signia how things went when I played them without nerves contributing and I'll leave it at that.

Also, still no phone, but, G1, in case you see this, I'll paypal you the money. Didn't even realize I didn't pay until I was on the plane. >_>

Heading home now. Came out of this a real winner, with an extra phone charger, about $9 in change, a madcatz stick bag and half a bottle of bomb ass tequila. Leaving last is awesome. Thanks to everyone who came.

Reactions: LP
Heading home now. Came out of this a real winner, with an extra phone charger, about $9 in change, a madcatz stick bag and half a bottle of bomb ass tequila. Leaving last is awesome. Thanks to everyone who came.

Lol, I forgot that tequila, I was trying to contact you and Omega to get that shit, I had a lot of fun, I only wish we could have had time to celebrate with Tequila and burritos at the Matador restaurant.

So does him showing up make you want to show up to an event?

ummm...Not in the immediate future lol. Maybe you don't know, but I am COMPLETELY NEW to this game. I'm starting from the beginning and making my way. I've beaten Arcade, Story, and am doing the other 1 now. I'm learning the basic moves in the move list as of right now. I've already came up with some juggles and stuff with Tira. I will definitely come out for some SCV events even though I have no scene where I live.

ummm...Not in the immediate future lol. Maybe you don't know, but I am COMPLETELY NEW to this game. I'm starting from the beginning and making my way. I've beaten Arcade, Story, and am doing the other 1 now. I'm learning the basic moves in the move list as of right now. I've already came up with some juggles and stuff with Tira. I will definitely come out for some SCV events even though I have no scene where I live.

You don't need to be great at the game to show up at tournaments or events. Hell I suck and I went to DEV, I mean if anything the best place to learn is at the events since you get to see the best players up close and personal and you can physically ask them questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Live streams

13 Viewers
RonTheTryhard
RonTheTryhard
SC6 Casuals then Starting Unmetal Later
4 Viewers
edgefp
edgefp
Trying out Soul Calibur 6 then......
1 Viewers