Soulcalibur VI 2P Costume Thread

Nyte

Fu-ma's Shadow
I felt like this deserved it's own topic. Discuss what you'd like to see for 2P costumes when it comes time to unveiling the character roster's alternate looks. So far we've only got recolorings, but I remember that was the case for SCV until they neared the game's launch and the 2Ps were revealed. Let's share our thoughts and ideas. It'll also be a good place to share 2P sets once they start to get revealed.

Here's my wishlist:

Mitsurugi

Sophitia
Sophitia02.jpg

Nightmare
Soul_Calibur_2_-_Nightmare.jpg

Xianghua
Xianghua02SC3D.jpg

Kilik
D_kilik.jpg

Ivy
Ivy03SCCGI.jpg

Zasalamel
Concept36ZASALAMELSCIII.jpg

Siegfried
Sieg4SE3D.jpg

Taki
C_taki_2p.jpg

Yoshimitsu
Yoshi.jpg

Maxi
MaxSC1art3.jpg

Since they've been taking inspiration from SoulCalibur I and SoulCalibur IV/V mostly, I'd like to see SoulCalibur III get some love.
IMO they had the best 2p costumes in the entire series, to the point where I would use 2ps far more often than 1ps while playing SoulCalibur III.

There are some exceptions, of course, like Ivy's 2p from SoulCalibur I was pretty amazing, and I also really liked Taki's 3p from SoulCalibur II.

I wonder if we will get 2p costumes. From the footage we’ve seen it seems we will have 1 costume with a color swap for mirrors.

I wonder if we will get 2p costumes. From the footage we’ve seen it seems we will have 1 costume with a color swap for mirrors.
Did you read the OP? I already explained that in SCV 2Ps weren't shown until the game had nearly launched. I highly doubt they're cutting out something that basic.

But the color options do make me optimistic that we'll get color edits back from SoulCalibur III. I know you could just as easily do that in SoulCalibur V, but it would take up a valuable custom character slot to do it, while having built in dedicated slots for color edits is a much better idea.

For Ivy i want somethig new, something that in the vibe of Edward Elric, something that looks very Engrish and Alchemist at the same time, and of course Classy:

Edward_elric_render_sig.png

Her SC2 blue costume was cool and all but not a big fan of that hair style they gave her with that costume, so please keep her hair as default, or at least give me option to make her hair as default.

For Mitsu since his 1P is Armor based, would be cool to give him something based on clothes only, while not wearing much in his upper body, like something in SCV P1 or SC2 PS2 style. And the hairstyles, specially his too sick looking SC2 P2 long hairstyle haohmaru style, all this with that (i don't know how it's called, very Japanese and Asian) thing he put in his mouth in his SC2 P3:

mitSC5art1.jpg

e0ce62576ffd9d0fda21c37373974574--character-concept-samurai.jpg

For Sophitia, why not both her SC3 costumes, but especially the Blue one, it's her best costume she ever had personally speaking:

Sophitia_SCIII_vs_screen.jpg

And for Kilik, that's the one i want:

22fd63c0bbeb14cab6eaa311b39da519.jpg

Last edited:
Kilik: I want his SC2 1P, but with the coat in dark blue and the pants black.
tumblr_mqhcg2z8Iq1qivxzqo1_500.jpg

Xianghua: Her concept for what could've been her 1P for SoulCalibur III or the picture below it, but with the teal on top and hot pink on the bottom.
46c986d3f854efd420c6cd9fc94b6ffe.jpg
xianghua_by_raikov9-d5fxxzx.jpg

:sc2ivy3:My favorite Ivy 2P is her SC3 2P, but her SC2 2P is also amazing. I'm hoping she gets a costume that makes her look regal and elegant.
latest
latest
latest
:sc2tak2:Taki's SC2 2P is her only good 2P costume lol something like her 3P would also be acceptable tho
latest
latest
:sc2mit1:Mitsu should def have the one sleeve kimono look. For armor break I guess he'll just get naked again lol
latest
:sc2sop2:Sophie'S 2Ps are always a longer dress, either pink or blue. Something like that would be great.
latest
latest
latest
:sc2nm2:For Nightmare, anything that shows his abs pls.
latest
latest
Siegfried I guess the same above applies to him since it's him but I doubt it lol
he's always all armored up :(
:sc2maxi1:Maxi is so covered up in his 1P so pls namco gods let his abs be free in his 2P
latest

^bottom right would be amazing

:sc1ivy1: Most of Ivy's 2-Player costumes have been great (except for SC4, hated that one). Excluding SC4, it's hard to choose a favorite since I liked most of them but I lean more towards her SC3 2P because I liked how they included armor on it. So I'd like if they go in that direction. All I know is I hope that she looks regal, elegant, and sophisticated with an edge. :)
ivyarts2.jpg
ivy-sc2fix3.jpg

latest
latest

:sc2tak2: I gotta agree with NinjaGuy446 as the only alternate I ever liked from Taki was her look from SC2 though I have come around to her SC3 2P as well. But that's about it to be honest and if I had to choose which one I'd like to see them go with, I'd go with SC2 hands down.
latest

Pretty much picks would just mirror NinjaGuy446 haha

I've recently been playing Assassin's Creed Syndicate and Evie has this gorgeous DLC outfit that I think would suit Ivy really well. Minus the hood of course. Or maybe with the option of the hood? She does have that one concept design with a hooded cloak.
helix_acs_hr_dlc_victorian_final.jpg
In some way, it strikes me as a bit of a mashup between her SC3 2P and her SC2 2P.

Overall, I'd personally want mostly new 2Ps rather than updates of older designs, since that's what we're getting with their 1P outfits for the most part.

Sophitia: Either her SE 2P or her SCIII 2P because both are incredible iconic without sacrificing function for fashion (otherwise, combine both and give us Pink Greek Jesus Pyrrha from SCV 2P)

Mitsurugi: His SCII 2P because Kilik already has the half-sleeve thing going on in this game and I otherwise would have said his SCV 1P. Instead, give me his Heihachi Lite.

Kilik: Give me his SCIII 2P because it's clean and cute and a good variation from his regular nomadic look, even if it does lowkey reek of generic Chinese martial artist.

Xianghua: Because they already took her SCIII 2P and changed it to her signature white and blue, I'd instead like her SCIV 2P or Leixia's 2P in the iconic black/gold.

Nightmare: It seems to be a popular opinion on here for Nightmare to show skin for his 2P, and I agree lol. His SCV or his SCIII headgear would be a great addition (and the meaty-looking, meat masher Soul Edge pls).

Grøh: Because his overall design already screams Z.W.E.I./Devil May Cry to me, even it out by giving us the Dante longcoat (showing skin optional) and a slicked hairdo ala Vergil lmao.

Ivy: Her matador outfit in SCI is timeless. Alternatively, her SCIII or SCIV 2P would be fine as well.

Zasalamel: They switched it up on this guy both times he was in a game, so I guess I'll say his SCIV 1P lol.

Siegfried: I'm actually a big fan of his less armored looks, particularly the Templar-esque look he had in SCIII with the shorter, boyish haircut.

Taki: Her SCII 2P or her SCIII 2P for more leg action and less latex ridiculousness.

Yoshimitsu: I have absolutely no expectations for him because I know he'll still be as wacky and weird but still awesome at the same time.

Maxi: Honestly, any iteration of his Blonde Elvis with black and red dragon pants is fine by me (if it ain't broke, why fix it?).

I've recently been playing Assassin's Creed Syndicate and Evie has this gorgeous DLC outfit that I think would suit Ivy really well. Minus the hood of course. Or maybe with the option of the hood? She does have that one concept design with a hooded cloak.
In some way, it strikes me as a bit of a mashup between her SC3 2P and her SC2 2P.

Overall, I'd personally want mostly new 2Ps rather than updates of older designs, since that's what we're getting with their 1P outfits for the most part.

Oh nice. I don't play Assassin's Creed games, they're just not my thing but I've always loved some of the character designs for that series and I definitely like this one. Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing a look like this in the game whether it's on a canon character or something for CAS.

In fairness, the designs have been updated so much that they do look entirely new. It's a line between different and familiar that they're playing very well. But yeah, having completely new 2Ps wouldn't hurt either.

In fairness, the designs have been updated so much that they do look entirely new. It's a line between different and familiar that they're playing very well. But yeah, having completely new 2Ps wouldn't hurt either.
I wouldn't say that's accurate to all of the designs. A good portion of them are immediately recognizable as recreations of the original SC1 designs, Like Mitsurugi, who has such little difference between his new and old design that I can hardly call it a new design, as well as Ivy, who was given her SC1 design with some more little details and less material. And while Sophitia has more extra details added to her new design than those two, I still wouldn't say it's different enough from her SC1 design to call it entirely new.

I wouldn't say that's accurate to all of the designs. A good portion of them are immediately recognizable as recreations of the original SC1 designs, Like Mitsurugi, who has such little difference between his new and old design that I can hardly call it a new design, as well as Ivy, who was given her SC1 design with some more little details and less material. And while Sophitia has more extra details added to her new design than those two, I still wouldn't say it's different enough from her SC1 design to call it entirely new.
But then you have characters like Nightmare, given a bunch of new details to revamp is old design (which was 100% needed since it was so bland), and then characters like Kilik and Yoshimitsu were completely overhauled. Basically, these costumes were evolved rather than just updated. Also, yeah there are differences between the closest designs when compared side-by-side. I think it's a nice fit.

But I see what you're saying that maybe the 2P outfits can be a chance to experiment and try something completely different.

Back