Soulcalibur VI DLC Discussion Thread

He didn't say for sure that he was adding SCV characters, just considering the options. If anything of Z.W.E.I. ever gets added, I'd expect it to be an expy-type character that's not him but uses a reinvention of his style because of the backlash that would ensue if they added anything SCV over characters people actually like.

Besides, him being in the game makes zero sense.
That's true, considering all the backlash that SCV received even before release. Besides, I would rather see more fan favorites over anybody from that disappointment. =)

Where are you guys taking these suppositions from? I get Cass due the design being brand new and detailed in portrait, but what made you think of the other 2?
Hwang and Amy are conspicuously in a handful of scenes in both story modes where they fight, but aren’t seen fighting. It’s suspect as hell. They could just have them use Mitsurugi and Raphael styles if they wanted, but it seems a conscious effort to not show them, which may indicate that they’re getting their own styles.

I personally would like to see ZWEI make a comeback. He may not have been the most useful character in the game but he had a great concept and was fun to play. His EIN reminded me of Zod in Injustice with his Phantom.

Hwang and Amy are conspicuously in a handful of scenes in both story modes where they fight, but aren’t seen fighting. It’s suspect as hell. They could just have them use Mitsurugi and Raphael styles if they wanted, but it seems a conscious effort to not show them, which may indicate that they’re getting their own styles.

I and I'm pretty sure many others would be actually really pissed if Amy isn't DLC at this point, why fucking bother getting both her Japanese and English VA and doing all that job on her (weather is desing or making her apear in both game modes) if it's not to include her later, I would rather they just say she is there still there, with Raphael and that's it, not giving all this things about her, teasing her fans just to not put her in... (and that works for Cassandra too)

I and I'm pretty sure many others would be actually really pissed if Amy isn't DLC at this point, why fucking bother getting both her Japanese and English VA and doing all that job on her (weather is desing or making her apear in both game modes) if it's not to include her later, I would rather they just say she is there still there, with Raphael and that's it, not giving all this things about her, teasing her fans just to not put her in... (and that works for Cassandra too)

I wouldnt personally have assumed she takes higher priority than Setsuka, Cassandra, Hilde or Yun but as you said, a lot of work seems to have been done on her. Definitely unecessary work for an unplayable NPC.

For those of us that dislike Viola and want Amy or the opposite, i wonder how they would feel if some combination was introduced. For example she could occasional throw and levitate the rapier for some attacks to throw in some Viola flair. I dont think PS will do this but i'm curious what people here would think.

Amy doesn't show any kind of supernatural power in either Soul Chronicle or Libra of Soul, so it wouldn't make much sense for her to have any Violaisms.

Setsuka's issue is that she's just not all that important to the story, and story was a huge focus of this game. Hilde and Yun-seong also have this problem, but not because they don't have story beats like Setsuka, but it's just not their time, yet. Cassandra is on the edge, like Talim, so she could squeeze in, but Hwang and Amy are both active during this time, Amy in particular since they decided to include Raphael's origin story, and she's pretty pivotal to that.

I wouldnt personally have assumed she takes higher priority than Setsuka, Cassandra, Hilde or Yun but as you said, a lot of work seems to have been done on her. Definitely unecessary work for an unplayable NPC.

For those of us that dislike Viola and want Amy or the opposite, i wonder how they would feel if some combination was introduced. For example she could occasional throw and levitate the rapier for some attacks to throw in some Viola flair. I dont think PS will do this but i'm curious what people here would think.
I'm gonna be honest with you, seeing how good Raphael feels in this game, I don't know what they can do with Amy's old style to make her as good as he is right now, but I won't be opposed if they kinda mix Amy and Viola that would surely help her differentiate even more that she was from Raphael and shut up some more mouths that keep saying she is just a Raph copy.
Then again, they did do a good job on every character so far so I think they are capable of keeping her old style and improving on it (by the way some of Raph moves actually come from SCLS so that might be the reason why most of the character in the game were already in LS, they reused a lot of stuff from that game)

Amy doesn't show any kind of supernatural power in either Soul Chronicle or Libra of Soul, so it wouldn't make much sense for her to have any Violaisms.

Setsuka's issue is that she's just not all that important to the story, and story was a huge focus of this game. Hilde and Yun-seong also have this problem, but not because they don't have story beats like Setsuka, but it's just not their time, yet. Cassandra is on the edge, like Talim, so she could squeeze in, but Hwang and Amy are both active during this time, Amy in particular since they decided to include Raphael's origin story, and she's pretty pivotal to that.

You'll have to excuse me because i havent bothered to dive into the story yet and dont really know but i'm guessing most of Amy in story is the younger version and they would have to use the older Amy if introducing her as a character i think.

You'll have to excuse me because i havent bothered to dive into the story yet and dont really know but i'm guessing most of Amy in story is the younger version and they would have to use the older Amy if introducing her as a character i think.
Well, I don't know about you, but to me it seems like that change some stuff up cuz she seems older then she is supposed to be, she is more SC4 age than SC2-3 (but then again it's just a drawing of a fictional character xD)
AmySorelSC4.jpg
AmySorel SC6.png
d721d8c9841ac4404fe827c730ad7fd0.jpg

I hope proper 2P costumes come as DLC later. That'd be nice.
2P would be better than CaS stuff at least to me, better Season pass would be Character 1, 2P, Character 2, Stages, Character 3. (I just don't care about CaS)

Well, I don't know about you, but to me it seems like that change some stuff up cuz she seems older then she is supposed to be, she is more SC4 age than SC2-3 (but then again it's just a drawing of a fictional character xD)

Some were saying its just copy/pasted from SC4 but.... it is different. Similar sure, but its on par with changes to all the rest of the cast i think.

Some were saying its just copy/pasted from SC4 but.... it is different. Similar sure, but its on par with changes to all the rest of the cast i think.
Oh the copy paste was about her 3D render model you can see in Libra (some say it's just copy paste with some CaS stuff and other says it's just because it's unfinished, just like Lizardman)
Face02D_503_R_Normal_00.png
Face02D_503_02_R_Normal_00.png
sciv2.jpg

Oh the copy paste was about her 3D render model you can see in Libra (some say it's just copy paste with some CaS stuff and other says it's just because it's unfinished, just like Lizardman)

Ooohhh the face and hair. Yeah that is copy/pasted. She doesnt have whatever you call that hat thing from the artwork and the ribbons are different.

Still.... i think her chances are good. Better than Hwang's. I'm much less confident about him.

Ooohhh the face and hair. Yeah that is copy/pasted. She doesnt have whatever you call that hat thing from the artwork and the ribbons are different.

Still.... i think her chances are good. Better than Hwang's. I'm much less confident about him.
Might be just unfinished they didn't make the 3D model yet (but then again, why then bother including her in the mode, it's really weird :o)
Using the SC4 model and hair and giving her some new piece of gear and in the same time giving her some CaS accessories like the little roses on the sides. This is the biggest thing she have going for her (and Cassandra and Edge master I guess too xD)
VA.png

Might be just unfinished they didn't make the 3D model yet (but then again, why then bother including her in the mode, it's really weird :o)
Using the SC4 model and hair and giving her some new piece of gear and in the same time giving her some CaS accessories like the little roses on the sides. This is the biggest thing she have going for her (and Cassandra and Edge master I guess too xD)
View attachment 52723

Well yes correct, she is probably just unfinished. I didnt mean to imply the copy/pasted comment meant she isnt being considered for DLC. For me, the artwork is a huge clue because Hwang's doesnt look updated at all.

I disagree that they've changed her age, because SoulCalibur II showed her in the almost exact same state as she is when we first see her, when she's notably younger, in 1586, and then she hits her growth spurt by the time we see her again, in 1590, which is the year that SoulCalibur II, III, and IV take place. If we see her playable, it would follow suit that, just like everyone else, we're seeing their latest timeline point age as their appearance in battle. Not only that, she's not started her fencing training yet until 1590, so seeing tiny Amy fight would be wrong on multiple levels.

I disagree that they've changed her age, because SoulCalibur II showed her in the almost exact same state as she is when we first see her, when she's notably younger, in 1586, and then she hits her growth spurt by the time we see her again, in 1590, which is the year that SoulCalibur II, III, and IV take place. If we see her playable, it would follow suit that, just like everyone else, we're seeing their latest timeline point age as their appearance in battle.
I don't know about that that Tira's age doesn't seem right in this game though, she is 17yo in SC3 but here she doesn't look any younger that that, 17yo at least to me in this game, but those are fictional characters again so age and appearance don't really match up (Ivy is one good example too xD) at the very least she isn't 11 in 1585 might be wrong but don't know (by the old time line she was born in 1574).
proxy.png

I'm not sure the age really means anything here anymore, Talim is a kid, not that younger that Amy so it doesn't mean we can't have Amy too, plus Talim for now is the only character to go over 1590 and there is still some room left on the right after 1590 so it is still possible even if the fact she wasn't trained yet was right.

Oh, and if we go by the old timeline Talim was 15 (born in 1576) that means that in 1589-1590 (when she appears in this game) she is only 13-14yo xD

Last edited:
Another way to add characters that don´t belong in the story or aren´t that popular would be just adding their fighting styles and costume parts, like with devil jin in scv.
we can build them and story does not get affected. Everybody wins.

Back