Soulcalibur VI DLC Discussion Thread

30 euros for the season pass doesn't look like a very good deal.
4 characters 5 euros each 20 eurs
2 customization packs that gonna be generous and consider they are 3 eur each

Tha'ts 26 euros. You save barely 4 euros...It seems kind of pointless unless there is an offer on the store at some point. I rather pick the ítems as they are getting out. Its not really any difference and paying five bucks once each couple of months seems less strain tan paying 30 right now out of the blue for Tira aloner.

As for the characters I bet for Hwang, Rock for sure, then probably Setsuka or Hilde

For the reasons, well, all the characters from V are out, the only ones with chances would be the ones from IV or before. And almost every single of them are female. The only males are Hwang and Rock and they Will try to balance the DLCs to be 2-2. Even if they go with 3 females 1 males, either Hwang or Rock are in for sure.

Setsuka and Hilder are the females with more chances with their original movesets since every other girl (Amy and Cassandra) are somewat similar to other characters so they are unlikely. Although Amy is one of my all times favorite and I would love her to return, but is unlikely.

Considering lizardman is incomplete and unplayable, we need a version of him now. Maybe the DLC version will be similar to his SC4 incarnation.

i hope liz is unlockable. if he's 1st or 2nd season dlc, his weaponset better be unique and kicka***.
He 100% isn't, game's been datamined. The character is referred to as "lesser lizardman" and not the Chief/Aeon that we see present in the story and official art. No movelist, moveset itself is incomplete and the critical edge is a version of Sophitia's that doesn't connect. SC3/4 Lizardman was rather distinct and would use many of the same moves and weapon models, so it's likely gonna be that.

I’m still not convinced Hwang is part of the DLC plans because odds seem too stacked against him (appearance being a copy-paste of SCI, Mi-na’s story mode basically being The Adventures of Mi-na and Hwang, VA sounding like one of the generic CaS, Spiky Hair CaS hairstyle being missing...possibly reserved for Yun). Cassandra and Amy seem almost too perfect, however, but I would honestly be surprised if they’re not part of the season pass.

so much for the damn day one patch... LOL

what a disaster it's been for optimism that Nyte and DanteSC3 had. It's honestly tragic their hopes didn't come true. Deep down I hoped they would be right

I'm looking forward to the dlc. If it adds more to the game I love, I'm a sucker. Have been my whole life lol.

Any estimates for the dates?

srjs6y0vy9t11.jpg

From Xianghua's story, this is a background that isn't a stage in game at all. It's been pointed out that pretty much all other backgrounds can be stages. Is it possible we could see DLC stages later on? Because I think this would look good.

srjs6y0vy9t11.jpg

From Xianghua's story, this is a background that isn't a stage in game at all. It's been pointed out that pretty much all other backgrounds can be stages. Is it possible we could see DLC stages later on? Because I think this would look good.

It's just a painting of Xianghua's stage from SC3 so I wouldn't get your hope up that it will appear in SC6.

Amy's chances are increasing...

After playing with Groh more, I could see him as an evolution of alpha pat, but that lowers Setsuka's chances of appearing in S1.

S1 DLC could possibly be Tira, Amy, and Hwang/Guest/Cassandra/Aeon/Hilde for the last 2 spots, as they all have been alluded to or shown to some degree in the game.

I could imagine Edge Master and Lizzie being patched in for free as free dlc or lower cost dlc, because it's a little weird to have those two slots just sitting there but that's just excessive optimism hehe.

I won't be too optimistic about S2 DLC coming until I see how things play out hehe.

Also seeing Astaroth's CaS weapons leaves some space for Rock. Since Asta's signatures are throws, maybe they can really focus Rock on being a heavy weapon bruiser (Sieg and Night are already heavy weapon swordslingers).

Last edited:
Lizardman really should be free, but he'd probably be the next DLC character if he wasn't since it seems similar to the case with Tira that they said there wasn't enough time / money to put in base game. This is definitely supported with the NPC lizardman style being an incomplete moveset, but possessing at least two weapons, a named weapon, and a taunt (classic Aeon taunt).

Well, the bad news is that finishing Soul Chronicle and Libra of Soul both to completion doesn't unlock any new characters, so unless there's some other way of unlocking characters, which the only other offline mode there is is Arcade Mode, and I really doubt there's anything from that, it does seem like we're going to be stuck with those two empty slots for a little while.

@Sectus has discovered that Lizardman isn't complete, so him being unlockable is out of the question. Hwang had even more chances to be featured in battle in Libra of Soul, and none of those chances were taken, though, of all people who did get to participate were Han-myeong and Arthur! Shocked me, to be honest. Amy appeared in Libra of Soul in both of her ages and outfits, and still didn't actively get shown in combat, and same goes for Edge Master. Cassandra didn't show up at all, so that's a little suspicious, if you ask me, since Sophitia and Rothion did definitely make an appearance, though Rothion did not participate in battle.

There are a metric ton of side NPCs, a lot of them show up in battle, but some of them don't, in Libra of Soul, and it's really neat that between it and Soul Chronicle, we got to see and interact with so many different characters. Yun-seong was mentioned, but he did not appear, so he was completely missing from both story modes. Setsuka wasn't even mentioned at all, though Hilde was (yet she did not appear), so I'm not really sure how to take that. Algol was also mentioned a fair bit, but did not make an appearance.

Another quite random appearance was Miser from SoulCalibur III, though Greed was only mentioned, there was another thief with her who fought, and others still were mentioned. I'm really loving the world building and inclusion factor of this game.

It should be obvious, but Z.W.E.I. and Viola are also completely absent, though it is still not impossible that Grøh and Z.W.E.I. are one in the same.

Since season pass content is kind of a crapshoot... When are we expecting the next content announcements? Inferno was revealed two weeks prerelease, wasn't he? It's weird having no further announcements for this long. Especially now that the game is out, normally they give a stronger guideline on the season pass chars as well as a preview of the first one coming up.

I suspect that Aeon will be first and Edge Master will be free and in the center of the character select. All of the character icons have a dotted line connecting them, including the blank center space, it's gotta be our boy.
I can see the character select screen being rearranged for a Season 2. When that happens, I can see Edge Master being moved to where Inferno is and Inferno taking the middle slot and disappearing from it in online matches.

My guess is that Aeon will be added first, Hwang second, Cassandra third. Season 2 will follow up with a free Edge Master update, and the addition of Amy and another guest character to headline Season Pass 2. This is what I'm hoping for at least.

Taking season two out of the equation, the center slot has to be used for a DLC slot, currently, because otherwise, the slots are lopsided. We have three DLC characters to fill, and you can't do that with symmetry without putting one of them in the middle. My money is on a second guest going in the center, to go above Geralt, or perhaps Cassandra, to go below Sophitia.

face02d_503_r_normal_00-png.52205

face02d_501_r_normal_00-png.52203

I'd say Amy and Hwang have good chances of making it as DLC. I heard that the two armor packs possibly includes clothing options based on these two. If that's the case, it heavily suggests they're inclusion.

Granted, yes the LoS shots are low quality, but I highly doubt they would've had them fully finished and up to par at that point.

I would say, at the very least, it's very likely that they're going to have parts in the armor packs, but not necessarily be full DLC characters. Salia too.

It doesn’t sound like they’d include their clothes without them.

I do find it incredibly suspect that they don't fight on-screen, but they are implied to fight, would be the possible rationale that they make it in as full DLC characters with movesets and everything. But as for Korean sword users in story modes, they've been using Xianghua and Mitsurugi styles, for female and male characters, respectively, so they could have had Hwang using Mitsurugi's style, but didn't, so... maybe. I'm just not convinced yet. You could say the same thing of Edge Master, as he is implied to fight several times but doesn't, but imagine the negative response if he's in the season pass.

Back