Soulcalibur VI DLC Discussion Thread

To be fair, we don't know if there is a guest, just that they're entertaining the idea of it. I'd prefer it on the second season pass myself, allows more returnees and then they can add 2B and newcomers in a bigger bundle alongside the rest of the important cuts.

If we don't get a guest, then I'd say that raises Setsuka's chances a ton to be in the season pass, but I'll keep my expectations tempered for now.

I feel like they're going to save someone for Season 2 hype, like Anna and Lei in T7. Not a move I like, but it makes sense from their perspective.

Personally I want no more guests, only legacy and brand new Calibur characters, would suck ass with 2B being put in this game.

I wouldn't mind eventually getting 2B. I think she could work if done correctly, but priority focus should be on bringing back the fighters missing from the roster and adding new ones to flesh out and advance the plot.

I feel like they're going to save someone for Season 2 hype, like Anna and Lei in T7. Not a move I like, but it makes sense from their perspective.

I think this would make the most sense. Getting another guest too soon after it launches with Geralt would be a bit strange, unless its the last season one character they announce several months down the line.

I could see Hwang and Lizzy in Season 1 assuming those extra two circles in character select are not unlockables. Could be anyone for the 3rd spot.

Then they'll bring out the big guns for Season 2, with still some remaining big guns for Season 3 if they decide to go that far (or perhaps they'll just extend Season 2 by 2 more characters)

Otherwise, if at least one of Hwang/Lizzy is an unlockable, then I think we will see a pretty healthy 1st Season Pass getting at least 2 from Yun, Cass, Setsuka, Hilde, and Amy. I think it's pretty clear that anyone from SCV will come later but we'll see. I could also see Rock returning but not as a big priority. Besides guests, I think it would be smart of them if the game is doing well to also release a completely new character as DLC.

If we don't get a guest then it leaves room for more returning characters. The first Season Pass can have Aeon, Hwang, and Cassandra. If we go by what Tekken 7 has then SoulCalibur VI Season 2 can have 6 new characters with one of them being a guest. Assuming that five of those characters are returning then we could get Setsuka and Hilde to headline Season Pass 2 with three other returning characters. Those three characters could be one of Li Long, Rock, Yun-Seong, Amy, or Dampierre. Or maybe we could even get a new character that replaces Z.W.E.I. and Viola for this timeline. At this point, there can't be a lot to complain about the roster if we get a Season 2.

I could see Hwang and Lizzy in Season 1 assuming those extra two circles in character select are not unlockables. Could be anyone for the 3rd spot.

Then they'll bring out the big guns for Season 2, with still some remaining big guns for Season 3 if they decide to go that far (or perhaps they'll just extend Season 2 by 2 more characters)

Otherwise, if at least one of Hwang/Lizzy is an unlockable, then I think we will see a pretty healthy 1st Season Pass getting at least 2 from Yun, Cass, Setsuka, Hilde, and Amy. I think it's pretty clear that anyone from SCV will come later but we'll see. I could also see Rock returning but not as a big priority. Besides guests, I think it would be smart of them if the game is doing well to also release a completely new character as DLC.

We've already seen a axe and shield style multiple times which I think is going to serve to eliminate Lizardman kind of all together unless he is given a style and design that is otherwise unique.

I know everyone is pushing for the new female fighter but what I'd REALLY like to see is Bongoo make it into the story because I feel there was a lot of potential there that wasn't capitalized on. This would also be a really good way to tell Rock's story from a different perspective.

I usually don't care about guests but they put Kratos in i'll lost my shiet

Yeah, I'd actually go pretty bananas over new age Kratos to be honest.

I'd be surprised if they ever reuse a guest, it seems like a one-and-done deal. But still, God of War being a Sony-exclusive game, it could only have happened on a game that was only on a Sony platform, which is why he was in Broken Destiny on PSP.

Lizardman makes the most absolute sense as an unlockable character, and because we have one more slot, and haven't seen other styles used in-game, Edge Master could be the other one. Two slots on the screen left when we have three DLC, I won't believe those slots are for DLC until it happens.

Amy and Cassandra seem prime for DLC, and the last one could be either a guest or Hwang. That's my conclusion.

Lizardman makes the most absolute sense as an unlockable character
I'm not gonna lie, I hope this isn't the case. From what I've seen from the Lizardman NPC, the moveset isn't all that interesting. This is actually a case where I actually want him to be DLC since they could really polish it up some more. Aeon should be given moves from SoulCalibur IV and SoulCalibur V to really make him stand out.

----------

On a side note, I actually think it would be pretty cool if in an event Bandai Namco decides to unveil Kunimitsu for both SoulCalibur VI and Tekken 7 at the same time. The story could be that after her defeat at the second King of Iron Fist Tournament, she decided to try and steal from the Manji Clan as revenge. She ends up stealing an ancient Manji Clan relic which saves her in an encounter against Ogre by sending her back to the 16th Century era. She ends up meeting Yoshimitsu and learns more about the history of her former clan. By the end of her Soul Chronicle, she finds a way back home only to find out that she traveled a few years into the future when the seventh King of Iron Fist Tournament is taking place. This would explain her absence during the past Tekken games and a way to bring back a still youthful Kunimitsu in the Tekken series. As a fan of both SoulCalibur and Tekken, this would be an amazing cross-over that Bandai Namco should give a shot.

I'd be surprised if they ever reuse a guest, it seems like a one-and-done deal. But still, God of War being a Sony-exclusive game, it could only have happened on a game that was only on a Sony platform, which is why he was in Broken Destiny on PSP.

Lizardman makes the most absolute sense as an unlockable character, and because we have one more slot, and haven't seen other styles used in-game, Edge Master could be the other one. Two slots on the screen left when we have three DLC, I won't believe those slots are for DLC until it happens.

Amy and Cassandra seem prime for DLC, and the last one could be either a guest or Hwang. That's my conclusion.

Either way, Kratos in SCVI with the Leviathan Axe would be INSANE! They could even throw an Atreus cameo in his critical edge. That would sell like fucking hotcakes my friend.

Hwang or Yun HAVE to be on the first season pass. No matter how you feel about the characters themselves, the fight style is a staple in the series dating all the way back to Soul Blade days.

On a side note, I actually think it would be pretty cool if in an event Bandai Namco decides to unveil Kunimitsu for both SoulCalibur VI and Tekken 7 at the same time. The story could be that after her defeat at the second King of Iron Fist Tournament, she decided to try and steal from the Manji Clan as revenge. She ends up stealing an ancient Manji Clan relic which saves her in an encounter against Ogre by sending her back to the 16th Century era. She ends up meeting Yoshimitsu and learns more about the history of her former clan. By the end of her Soul Chronicle, she finds a way back home only to find out that she traveled a few years into the future when the seventh King of Iron Fist Tournament is taking place. This would explain her absence during the past Tekken games and a way to bring back a still youthful Kunimitsu in the Tekken series. As a fan of both SoulCalibur and Tekken, this would be an amazing cross-over that Bandai Namco should give a shot.

This would be such a slick idea. Why aren't you working for Bamco!? XD

Looks like Hwang isnt coming back. I used to think he had a better chance then Yun but now that i think more on it, they wont want both at the same time and they will just eventually replace him with Yun anyway, so why even bother with Hwang? Sucks because i dont like Yun but i feel that is just the way PS will look at it.

Proof?

Because I can bet Hwang is DLC for several reasons:
  1. His style is unique and would add something new to the game.
  2. He appears in the story mode with an updated appearance.
  3. His voice actor is unique, why go through the trouble of hiring someone to voice a bit part extra instead of having another VA already hired cover it?

Looks like Hwang isnt coming back. I used to think he had a better chance then Yun but now that i think more on it, they wont want both at the same time and they will just eventually replace him with Yun anyway, so why even bother with Hwang? Sucks because i dont like Yun but i feel that is just the way PS will look at it.
at this point hwang has more of a chance than yun. he's been shown in the story already

This would be such a slick idea. Why aren't you working for Bamco!? XD
Thanks, that would be awesome if I could lol. Took a break from studying for my game design class and the thought of Kunimitsu as a guest just occurred to me when I was browsing through the forum.
It would work out pretty well too since Kunimitsu was very different from Yoshimitsu in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and we don't have a Kunai user in the game. I doubt Namco reads through this forum but it would be pretty cool and I'd feel pretty honored if they took this idea and rolled with it.

After playing all of Soul Chronicle, I can definitely see the DLC being Amy, Cassandra, and Hwang. Day 1 DLC didn't "fix" the Raphael/Zasalamel last story nodes issue, and Raphael's story completed (though Zasalamel's didn't, perhaps you have to finish both Libra of Soul endings?), like with the Fin. and everything, so it makes 3000% sense that this last node belongs to Amy, being a training session, because it's confirmed that she's being trained as a fighter, and offscreen she stabs a guy before being formally trained. Cassandra's unique appearance, of course, but looking at the structure of some of the stories, where you see one half, and then see the other half from the other perspective, Hwang seems like he's got his own journey we could see to see where he is during the duration of Mi-na's story. Cassandra doesn't do much or go anywhere, but she could, then again, Zasalamel's story has literally no combat in it, so... that's not necessarily a requirement.

God, I hope DLC can make the CAS better. One of the biggest selling points in the game, and it improves a few things but takes away everything else.

Back