Soulcalibur VI DLC Discussion Thread

I won't say you're wrong, but I don't really recall that specifically, either. I do remember seeing the jacket, and assuming the worst, but I may have glossed over them encountering another man who says he saved him. That whole section of story was on the darker side, so it may have been lost in the details, since the primary focus by that point was stopping Azwel. And my quest to unlock the fabled Nightmare title kind of blinded me to story events of Libra of Soul, skipping everything, since that wasn't in my goals anymore. I'll have to check it out again sometime, to be sure.
Damn shame we never did find that Holy Grail that is the Nightmare title.

On the positive side, though, I was able to easily locate a video of the quest in question, and I did remember correctly that Maxi's survival was confirmed there:

@TresDias Fair enough, that mission did get glossed over, I guess, since they didn't explicitly say it was Maxi, just that it was another person he had helped, it's pretty obvious that it is Maxi, but there were some long hours spent on Libra of Soul, so that detail slipped by me. So I suppose Maxi is gonna make it back to SoulCalibur VII after all. Still, I feel that Li Long can make an appearance here and there as well.

I'm beginning to lose my zeal for the Soulcalibur franchise. If we don't get those CaS parts real soon I think I'm done. Might as well not even have CaS with how little support it's getting.

I'm beginning to lose my zeal for the Soulcalibur franchise. If we don't get those CaS parts real soon I think I'm done. Might as well not even have CaS with how little support it's getting.

So you would not buy a Soulcalibur game if it had no CaS component?

So you would not buy a Soulcalibur game if it had no CaS component?
It'sthe thing that separates it from other fighter games and makes it actually interesting enough to buy for me. I like fighters but not enough to buy one or care enough to own them but love and enjoy creating my own character in games and is why I play rpgs of all sorts. Soulcalibur allows me to both play a fighter and allow my characters to exist in a fighting medium. So yes I would not buy soulcalibur without CaS as it's CaS that makes it a worthwhile purchas for me as I'd barely touch it without it.

It'sthe thing that separates it from other fighter games and makes it actually interesting enough to buy for me. I like fighters but not enough to buy one or care enough to own them but love and enjoy creating my own character in games and is why I play rpgs of all sorts. Soulcalibur allows me to both play a fighter and allow my characters to exist in a fighting medium. So yes I would not buy soulcalibur without CaS as it's CaS that makes it a worthwhile purchas for me as I'd barely touch it without it.

Fair enough--I've always been a fan of games which permit user generated content as well, though for me it does not represent a core component of my interest in Soulcalibur. Rather its more of a great and very much appreciated auxiliary feature that substantially enhances my enjoyment of the franchise but which I'd still classify as non-critical. I'd lambast PS if they removed it from the next game, but all other factors being equal, I'd still buy that game. For what it's worth, I think we have three (possibly four) upcoming sources of CaS, though whether you will view it as sufficient or lackluster, I don't know:

• There's a hundred CaS items coming with Season One (half in the next drop), but some of those assets may be simple patterns and other less than overwhelming features.
  • The predicted bump from four to six characters for Season Two (if we assume the codenamed six will be available as a season pass) is suggestive that no independent CaS packs will release with it. However, if they follow suit from Season One, each of those six characters will get a decent-ish set of CaS items, most of which should be freely usable in creation mode, but some of which may be restricted in use.
  • The devs have hinted (and we've seen a few examples) that some CaS items will be added with major patches in the future and it seems they will be freely available to everyone. It's hard to say how much energy they will put behind this. I think they should make it consistent and significant, as continuing support freebies like this buy a lot of goodwill with longterm fans. But, given their divided resources and slow pace of releases, I'm not expecting too much in this area.
  • Beyond that, who knows? I think I would be surprised to see any large pay-for-DLC CaS packages after Season One, but of course it can't be ruled out altogether.

Fair enough--I've always been a fan of games which permit user generated content as well, though for me it does not represent a core component of my interest in Soulcalibur. Rather its more of a great and very much appreciated auxiliary feature that substantially enhances my enjoyment of the franchise but which I'd still classify as non-critical. I'd lambast PS if they removed it from the next game, but all other factors being equal, I'd still buy that game. For what it's worth, I think we have three (possibly four) upcoming sources of CaS, though whether you will view it as sufficient or lackluster, I don't know:

• There's a hundred CaS items coming with Season One (half in the next drop), but some of those assets may be simple patterns and other less than overwhelming features.
  • The predicted bump from four to six characters for Season Two (if we assume the codenamed six will be available as a season pass) is suggestive that no independent CaS packs will release with it. However, if they follow suit from Season One, each of those six characters will get a decent-ish set of CaS items, most of which should be freely usable in creation mode, but some of which may be restricted in use.
  • The devs have hinted (and we've seen a few examples) that some CaS items will be added with major patches in the future and it seems they will be freely available to everyone. It's hard to say how much energy they will put behind this. I think they should make it consistent and significant, as continuing support freebies like this buy a lot of goodwill with longterm fans. But, given their divided resources and slow pace of releases, I'm not expecting too much in this area.
  • Beyond that, who knows? I think I would be surprised to see any large pay-for-DLC CaS packages after Season One, but of course it can't be ruled out altogether.
My worry with season two is most of the hinted at characters are male and if they follow suite most of their outfits won't be unisex and thus won't be useable for most of my CaS and if they are the unisex nature will likely mean they'll fit weirdly. I still find it odd how trenchcoats fit on women in this game. Is like they have no idea how open outfits and breasts interract.

Point being I worry the game will become even more heavily balanced towards male CaS which I still find weird. As if men have been traditionally into dress up or as if playing dress up on male models had ever been more in demand than female.

I think the only projected female in season two is setsuka with a very small possibility of Hilde. So the male to female ratio will still be really high unless there's a surprising amount of female only gear in the CaS dlc.

My main complaint is that they've left CaS waaaaay too barebones for far too long. Which is bad because games are supposed to improve and having almost no parts compared to the previous title for so long does not feel like an improvement.

Last edited:
My worry with season two is most of the hinted at characters are male and if they follow suite most of their outfits won't be unisex and thus won't be useable for most of my CaS and if they are the unisex nature will likely mean they'll fit weirdly. I still find it odd how trenchcoats fit on women in this game. Is like they have no idea how open outfits and breasts interract.

Point being I worry the game will become even more heavily balanced towards male CaS which I still find weird. As if men have been traditionally into dress up or as if playing dress up on male models had ever been more in demand than female.

I think the only projected female in season two is setsuka with a very small possibility of Hilde. So the male to female ratio will still be really high unless there's a surprising amount of female only gear in the CaS dlc.

My main complaint is that they've left CaS waaaaay too barebones for far too long. Which is bad because games are supposed to improve and having almost no parts compared to the previous title for so long does not feel like an improvement.

I think you're right regarding your expectations here: I believe that Setsuka is the only female character you should be expecting in Season Two. But look at it this way: you still have Cassie and Amy coming. Five female DLC characters overall, five male. And I suspect (though it's impossible to know with any confidence) that most of the CaS packs will be largely unisex items.

I'd actually push back a little on the suggestion that this selection is especially barebones; there's not that many fewer items at this point than were in V, and after the DLC drops, there will be more. By the time all content releases have ceased for the game it might very well contain substantially more in terms of wardrobe. There are also a number features and options that have never been in the editor before, not the least of which is that there are 16 races this time, most of them with unique qualities (though of course they have their drawbacks sometimes too, in wardrobe terms). I don't know about you, but that's seriously opened up the options in my creations, both as regard homage characters and originals; somewhere around 25-30% of my CaS use a non-human race.

On the other side, there are some texture features that inexplicably got dropped after V, the object selection is skimpy, and there's never been a poorer selection of legacy items returning from previous editors. But at the end of the day, I'd rate the editor as at least equal (and probably superior) to any previous version in terms of total options. By the time the game is complete and they are no longer releasing any content whatsoever, it will certainly be the most feature rich and complete in the series by a significant margin.

Last edited:
I'd actually push back a little on the suggestion that this selection is especially barebones; there's not that many fewer items at this point than were in V, and after the DLC drops, there will be more.
That's actually completely incorrect. A few people, myself included (though I don't think I've posted it anywhere) have done counts of the equipment pieces in Soulcalibur V and Soulcalibur VI. SC6 has less than 300 equipment pieces, whereas SC5 had over 500, I believe. And that was base-game. After Season 1 DLC, SC6 will still have less than what SC5 had at launch.
So, yeah, this CaS system is pretty barebones, as it has around half of what Soulcalibur V provided.

That's actually completely incorrect. A few people, myself included (though I don't think I've posted it anywhere) have done counts of the equipment pieces in Soulcalibur V and Soulcalibur VI. SC6 has less than 300 equipment pieces, whereas SC5 had over 500, I believe. And that was base-game. After Season 1 DLC, SC6 will still have less than what SC5 had at launch.
So, yeah, this CaS system is pretty barebones, as it has around half of what Soulcalibur V provided.

Huh. Maybe my own accounting was not as exhaustive as I thought. You said 500 without DLC? And no one is including Lost Swords content in that count? I suppose not since it would surely be higher than 500, lost swords having a considerable amount of assets. Still, did anyone do a full accounting at any point? I checked the thread linked Lisa (thank you @LisaK, btw) and another linked within it, but I saw no one compile the information together, though I've had a long couple of days, so maybe my eyes glossed over. Edit: Oh, never mind, found the central listing for the Wikia. Gotta tell you though, definitely not seeing 500 items there.

Anyway, as someone who filled their memory cards/save file alottements up several times over in every game since SCIII, my opinion is that it is still easily one of the better editors overall. There were plenty of characters I've had in mind for a long time that I've only just been able to attempt, or who have never looked quite right until now, on account of the technical leaps with this version. It is, in a sense, a missed opportunity, because if it had a deeper wardrobe and more legacy items, the combination of the old assets with the new feastures would be amazing. But if I'm happy with it as is, I'll only be more so after 200+ assets are added in season passes one and two, plus whoever know how much more. I can definitely live with it.

Last edited:
I do agree that SC6's creation is rather bare bones right now, but there's something I want to point out in regards to the number of items in SC5; there's a lot of hats. If my math is correct, there's roughly 83 hats in base SC5 and 119 hats with all of the DLC (including the pre-order exclusive set). That makes it the biggest CaS category in SC5; the second biggest is the upper body equipment for females, which has 71 items with DLC.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that the numbers aren't the most important part of CaS. It's a balance of quality and quantity that matters; the problem is that SC6 lacks both.

Huh. Maybe my own accounting was not as exhaustive as I thought. You said 500 without DLC? And no one is including Lost Swords content in that count? I suppose not since it would surely be higher than 500, lost swords having a considerable amount of assets. Still, did anyone do a full accounting at any point? I checked the thread linked Lisa (thank you @LisaK, btw) and another linked within it, but I saw no one compile the information together, though I've had a long couple of days, so maybe my eyes glossed over. Edit: Oh, never mind, found the central listing for the Wikia. Gotta tell you though, definitely not seeing 500 items there.

Anyway, as someone who filled their memory cards/save file alottements up several times over in every game since SCIII, my opinion is that it is still easily one of the better editors overall. There were plenty of characters I've had in mind for a long time that I've only just been able to attempt, or who have never looked quite right until now, on account of the technical leaps with this version. It is, in a sense, a missed opportunity, because if it had a deeper wardrobe and more legacy items, the combination of the old assets with the new feastures would be amazing. But if I'm happy with it as is, I'll only be more so after 200+ assets are added in season passes one and two, plus whoever know how much more. I can definitely live with it.
Many of the races are failures as concepts though. They lack things they should have, and have things they shouldn't that make them weird, and some act in ways totally unexpected from what would have been useful.

Take for example the weird bunny cat race. It has one ear type, which coexists with human ears, as well as two tails. When I saw it, and when most saw it before game release I think most were expecting the race to function as the animal people race and have several ears and tail options to allow for animal people who's ears and tails don't just disappear on gear breakage. Instead always one size fits all hybrid cat/bunny ears and two tail options, and weirder still they still have human ears in addition to their cat/bunny ears.

Also the statues can't have hair, which is weird because I've seen very few statues without sculpted hair. They could have just removed physics from the hair and made it static, but no instead stuck with bald statues...

Oh right, and who's heard of a mannequin that can't wear underwear, has no one ever been in any clothing store ever?

Just reminded by girlfriend of another complaint. The weird ogre/orc things can't have hair in CaS, but yet all through Libra of Souls you fight those things WITH HAIR!!!! WTH game?

I could go on for every species but two of the three malfested and the elves who were fine. If they are going to be this lackluster then I'd prefere they just stuck with 5's creation, forget the races, and have more parts.

But would you still buy another SoulCalibur game if it still had the CaS system, however this time they were disabled in Ranked and (when certain settings were active) Player Matches?

Back