Soulcalibur VI DLC Discussion Thread

StarDragon

[03] Disciple
@StarDragon
If Final Fantasy XV's Windows Edition is any indication, the resources would be significant indeed.

Though I would wager there are also a lot of inefficiencies in that coding, so maybe not?
It's hard to tell, i guess the effort required varies from game to game since i found an article claiming that "The Witness" required 40 lines of code to enable such feature while "The Witcher 3" required 140. I'm still kinda skeptical about it since i have no clue on the reliability of Kotaku, but if the info is right i guess it isn't something that hard to do unless the game's code is an actual mess.

The existence of fan made tools developed using Cheat Engine (like this one) leads me to think that the hardest part is integrating ansel with the game and coding stuff such as when the player should or shouldn't be able to make use of the feature. After that, upkeep shouldn't be an issue since the whole system relies on byte scans and, for instance, a similar tool developed 1.5 years ago for Tekken7 has managed to keep working even after several updates.

Last edited:

David Blain

[05] Battler
IMHO The main problem of this game - is its unfinished and undoned, due to the small budget
-very few arenas. Many arenas are missing from the previous parts of the game. Including my favorite arena on the raft (in SC5 light raft was arena of Yoshi, dark raft was arena of Kilik)
-very few special intros and win poses. Many special intros and win poses are missing from the previous parts of the game. In SC5 each charatcter was 4 win poses chosed by press :A:\:B:\:K:\:G: after battle. In SC6 most character have 2 win pose and very few special intros.
-miss of second costume. In all previous games, each hero had two different costumes. In SC6 second costune is only recolored first costume.
I will be very happy if the authors of the game add new arenas and costumes and win poses

Rusted Blade

[08] Mercenary
I think i know why Setsuka isn't in SC6

She hanging around in Sekiro @1:15

I can't imagine she'll stay long--all of that blood will not be friendly on her wardrobe in particular. Living in Soulcalibur's low risk fantasy violence universe has it's advantages for the fashion conscious. I mean yeah, sometimes your clothes just straight up explode for...reasons?...but at least if you get out of the fight without that happening they'll look like they just came straight from the cleaners.

Nyte

Fu-ma's Shadow
So I asked earlier if you guys would like guest artist DLC in the game. Which artists in particular would you like to see?

One western artist I'd like to see is the Croatian Stjepan Šejić (I think his name is pronounced "Steven"?). He's an artist who's done a lot of Image comics, and also DC recently. He rose to fame as the artist of Witchblade in the later years. I think he could make some really cool, and sexy designs. He's gained a pretty big following on the internet as well, so I can see a lot of people who would like it.

Autumn

[09] Warrior
Can you elaborate? I've been seeing a bunch of off topic posts here and I don't want to dig through debates about Star Wars
I'm not sure how caught up you are, but I'll recap everything just in case: 6 more DLC characters were datamined, but unlike Cassandra and Amy, who are listed by name, the new characters are using codenames:
+ProfileIconInitials=(Character=ELC_CASSANDRA,Initial=NSLOCTEXT("[/Script/LuxorEditor]", "4330548E48FC4A63C10025B7A2DB05E1", "DLC2"))
+ProfileIconInitials=(Character=ELC_AMY,Initial=NSLOCTEXT("[/Script/LuxorEditor]", "E0D41BB848CDE634D4DF518D8E5EB090", "DLC3"))
+ProfileIconInitials=(Character=ELC_STONE,Initial=NSLOCTEXT("[/Script/LuxorEditor]", "7B0E58294CD4C85FA5D35FA717978AE0", "DLC4"))
+ProfileIconInitials=(Character=ELC_YELL,Initial=NSLOCTEXT("[/Script/LuxorEditor]", "79D6CD03424337BC682B9E991FBA703F", "DLC5"))
+ProfileIconInitials=(Character=ELC_STAR,Initial=NSLOCTEXT("[/Script/LuxorEditor]", "CA271D944DFA2167AFC12DAFDD393B2B", "DLC6"))
+ProfileIconInitials=(Character=ELC_SNOW,Initial=NSLOCTEXT("[/Script/LuxorEditor]", "1251B58745E2466D7CE296B65D76B7EF", "DLC7"))
+ProfileIconInitials=(Character=ELC_REPTILE,Initial=NSLOCTEXT("[/Script/LuxorEditor]", "C6C36ED149DF6C1CF986E49A9F34F26F", "DLC8"))
+ProfileIconInitials=(Character=ELC_YELLOW,Initial=NSLOCTEXT("[/Script/LuxorEditor]", "FDC6BAC344C5204386DBBAA6FA1C635D", "DLC9"))
The codenames seem to be based on previous characters (STONE, SNOW, and YELLOW could possibly be Rock, Setsuka, and Hwang; for example). Frayhua's comment is probably referring to the lack of a fitting codename for Hilde.

Again, I don't know how much you already knew, so sorry if I'm being redundant.

RagingGhost

[10] Knight
So I asked earlier if you guys would like guest artist DLC in the game. Which artists in particular would you like to see?

One western artist I'd like to see is the Croatian Stjepan Šejić (I think his name is pronounced "Steven"?). He's an artist who's done a lot of Image comics, and also DC recently. He rose to fame as the artist of Witchblade in the later years. I think he could make some really cool, and sexy designs. He's gained a pretty big following on the internet as well, so I can see a lot of people who would like it.

Assuming he won't be asked to make costumes only for Ivy and Voldo, that is.

artard4321

[10] Knight

As a guest artist, I would really like to see Tite Kubo design a character or provide character costumes. I may not be too fond of what Bleach has become towards the end of the story but his character designs are really great. He has come up with very unique weapons which match the character's design aesthetics. His skill set would be a perfect fit for the SoulCalibur series.

Another guest artist that would be interesting to include is Akira Yasuda who is well known as the character designer for Street Fighter Alpha 3, Darkstalkers, and many other fighting games during the 90's. It would be interesting to see what kind of design he comes up with for SoulCalibur given his experience in designing many fighting game characters during the golden age of fighting games.

Dissidia

Premium Member
I'm not sure how caught up you are, but I'll recap everything just in case: 6 more DLC characters were datamined, but unlike Cassandra and Amy, who are listed by name, the new characters are using codenames:

The codenames seem to be based on previous characters (STONE, SNOW, and YELLOW could possibly be Rock, Setsuka, and Hwang; for example). Frayhua's comment is probably referring to the lack of a fitting codename for Hilde.

Again, I don't know how much you already knew, so sorry if I'm being redundant.
Ah I see, I was hoping there was an update in the code or something. As it remains, there is still no confirmation that any of these codenames will be for who they think we are. Though some are obvious, I will believe when they are announced.

DanteSC3

[14] Master
Ah I see, I was hoping there was an update in the code or something. As it remains, there is still no confirmation that any of these codenames will be for who they think we are. Though some are obvious, I will believe when they are announced.
Nope, just Frayhua being Frayhua, confirming things before they're confirmed. Pretty much the usual.

mokamoka827

[13] Hero
As far as the guest artist discussion goes, I think I'd like to see Hidari, who worked on a couple Fire Emblem games, to contribute to Soulcalibur. I really enjoy a lot of his designs and a few have even somewhat inspired some of my own characters' designs to a point.

Another one is maybe Hyung-tae Kim, who has worked on Blade and Soul and the Magna Carta series. Though that largely depends on what direction he'd go with his designs. His work is very hit-or-miss with me. And when he misses, he misses by miles. But he's created a number of absolutely gorgeous designs and I'd love to see a few things of that quality in the game.

Ukkesh

[09] Warrior
I really like Oh Great!! but his work can be hit or miss. Ashlotte was definitely a Hit for me. Whoever does art for dynasty warriors would be nice too. Also, while it's an odd choice, i'd personally like to see what Saburo Uta would create. She did the art for unlimited Fafnir iirc. Her art is amazing.

Byros

[09] Warrior

I really like his art style, I would certainly welcome some of the darker characters drawn by Jeff Easley from the classic D&D books.
https://www.pinterest.com.mx/maifrem/jeff-easley/?lp=true

And characters from whoever draws the Dark Souls concept art:

Last edited:

Rusted Blade

[08] Mercenary
I really like his art style, I would certainly welcome some of the darker characters drawn by Jeff Easley from the classic D&D books.
https://www.pinterest.com.mx/maifrem/jeff-easley/?lp=true

And characters from whoever draws the Dark Souls concept art:
Wow, that gallery really brought back some classic PC gaming memories--all of the old gold and silver box SSI games: Champions of Krynn, Eye of the Beholder, Pools of Radiance, Fantasy Empires, the original Neverwinter Nights. Makes me feel old and young again all at once!