Soulcalibur VI DLC Discussion Thread

REPROBEAN_CHILD

[14] Master
I'm a big fan of asymmetrical designs. It especially makes sense with certain weapons i think. Such as Sophie, Mina or Mitsurugi. Depends on the stance and how they fight. I keep hoping they'll split up the shoulder and arm layer into sides but it never happens.
I mean, asymmetry can work, but how its done is what matters. On the pirate stuff, you have one side pants and the other as a silk string with a bow. Lolwut? Keeping one pant leg without the silk string would've been fine

AMillionHP

[13] Hero
I mean, asymmetry can work, but how its done is what matters. On the pirate stuff, you have one side pants and the other as a silk string with a bow. Lolwut? Keeping one pant leg without the silk string would've been fine
Yeah, i mean i guess what i was talking about is more related to armor and not your example. If a character mostly stands in such a way that faces their opponent on one side, then it makes sense to bulk up just that side so they are still relatevely light weight overall.

I'm also not opposed to the appearance of those boots but i guess that is just a preference thing. Maybe it'll look a little better if the ribbon is a different color?

Ukkesh

[09] Warrior
The decision to include some of the Lost Sword gear is questionable, at best. The pirate and arcane gear in particular were clearly made to be sexual. It leaves very little to the imagination. The arcane armor, though, can be somewhat passable. It can work if you intend to make a succubus character. However, I'm not sure what else you can make with it
The pirate stuff, though, I have no idea what to do with that
The boots are relatively useful, they can be put with minas socks, and they work as a evil magical Knight style character as the name implies. The boots even work with ivy's outfits and some trousers (purge trousers are the only ones I tried though).
The pirate best COULD work for like a flirty pirate, with some sort of underwear under it, but it looks anime AF

Dissidia

Premium Member
Anyone else find it a bit odd that Rock's helmet is on here? I dont get the impression anyone particularly wanted that even among Rock fans and if they are in fact bringing him back for season 2, i dont see much of a reason to include that now. It would make sense to include that for people to make Rock CAS off Astaroth if they weren't planning to add him but otherwise... i dont know, that seems weird.
They seem to be just randomly porting CAS materials from IV,V and Lost Swords.

With that being said, it's clear that all DLC characters are being made with "new" costumes. So if Rock is indeed returning then the old rhino helmet is irrelevant. It will just be a way to make his old 1P, just like how Tira and Siegfried got SCV outfits.

The new characters will come with new clothing/outfits as way to slightly "pad" the customization options.

AMillionHP

[13] Hero
They seem to be just randomly porting CAS materials from IV,V and Lost Swords.

With that being said, it's clear that all DLC characters are being made with "new" costumes. So if Rock is indeed returning then the old rhino helmet is irrelevant. It will just be a way to make his old 1P, just like how Tira and Siegfried got SCV outfits.

The new characters will come with new clothing/outfits as way to slightly "pad" the customization options.
Oh i'm fully aware all characters will come with updated designs.

Speaking of which, this brings up an interesting question about Hwang now that the second season is supposedly leaked. Most people seem to agree he's on it, yet i remember myself and a good number of people assumed he was doomed not to show up seeing as he did not receive an updated design.

So now i'm wondering if they are in fact going to just keep the same outfit in his case?
Or will they ignore the storymode artwork and just change it anyway?
Or should we also consider "YELLOW" does not equal Hwang and he is not actually returning?

Autumn

[09] Warrior
Speaking of which, this brings up an interesting question about Hwang now that the second season is supposedly leaked. Most people seem to agree he's on it, yet i remember myself and a good number of people assumed he was doomed not to show up seeing as he did not receive an updated design.

So now i'm wondering if they are in fact going to just keep the same outfit in his case?
Or will they ignore the storymode artwork and just change it anyway?
Or should we also consider "YELLOW" does not equal Hwang and he is not actually returning?
I'm putting my bets on a new design. It'll probably be a similar case to Amy's designs in Raphael's story episodes, where she starts with her SC2 peasant attire and then changes to her DLC getup after a few in-game years. They could do the same thing for Hwang; SC1 design during Seong Mi-na's story arc, totally new design during his own. However, this is under the assumption that his story will take place after Mi-na's, but I think he's gonna get a new costume anyways, especially if everyone else in S2 gets one.