Soulcalibur VI DLC Discussion Thread

there are many characters left. Zwei,Viola,Damp,Algol,Aeon,Someone using pats style. All of them are already more polished than hwang and have a more unique style.

Ill eat my pad if rock comes back.

there are many characters left. Zwei,Viola,Damp,Algol,Aeon,Someone using pats style. All of them are already more polished than hwang and have a more unique style.
tumblr_inline_p1brmcd9Dk1rr08jv_500.jpg

I dont think its unrealistic to see zwei. I actually consider his chances higher than hwang. Simply due to the fact that he offers completely new style and was well received as a newcomer. Well and he is actually pretty unique visually as well. Hwang is just some guy using some copy paste weapon.

This just is Hwang’s time, though. He was wronged after SoulCalibur III, and Li Long was too, and this is the time for amends to be made for him to return to form. He may have started as a Mitsurugi clone who then went on to take that style and blend it with Xianghua when Mitsurugi got his own unique style, and then he was sidelined when Yun-seong entered the picture, but then SoulCalibur III happened, and the Assassin style was revamped and made totally unique for the Arcade Edition, and then... nothing. Only Amy made it to SoulCalibur IV, and we were left wondering why. This is, without a doubt, the chance for Hwang to make a triumphant return, and prove his worth, as all his fans know he deserves and is capable.

yea i dont think so. To me hwang is one of the characters who got replaced already just like rock and li long. Why have someone who is slighty different than another guy who is already in the game if you can have someone who is completely different instead.

Yun-seong isn’t in this game, though, which is why this is the perfect opportunity. Hwang makes more sense to be in this one. If they wait for SoulCalibur VII, then it will be too late.

X is in the game.
And Yun-seong is completely different than Xianghua, as is Hwang. Especially here, where SoulCalibur VI has gone above and beyond to differentiate the other so-called clones.

Edit: Added quote for context because we broke to the next page.

Last edited:
yea but the thing is. Hwang himself isnt exactly a great designed character in my opinion (i dont hate him but he is kinda whatever) they'd have to do alot to make him as good as the others.
His moveset so far kinda felt unfinished even worse on yun. And if you just look at a black sillhouette of hwang it could literally be anyone. Compared to rest of the cast who are easily recognizable. I just dont see how hwang has any advantage in that area compared to their other options. And bringing him back just because of nostalgia is dumb.

Last edited:
I disagree with that, considering the silhouettes for the random encounters in Libra of Soul is what got people guessing Hwang would be in the game to begin with, the guy on the far left who has a curved sword that is obviously not a Xianghua weapon. The Korean boys have their own unique factor as well as anyone else. One of them deserves to make it in, and Hwang is more logical than Yun-seong. It very well could be Yun-seong instead, for more friendliness for the future, but it would serve to frustrate and enrage Hwang fans feeling strung along and jerked around.

I also feel it's the Ultimate right time for Hwang, also if he comes back, he'll pretty much feel like "almost" a brand new character, while of course retaining some of his core aspects and moves.

With that, he also has a small appearance in SC6 already, while it doesn't confirm anything, but that's a nice plus to consider tho.

Hwang has an okay chance but I wouldn’t hold my breath considering how he hasn’t been used in a long time. Before Hilde was revealed, my S2 prediction was Hwang/Haohmaru/Setsuka/Newcomer. I still think a newcomer will likely happen after the interview, but we’ll see. The way I look at it is that if it’s Hwang, cool. If it’s someone else, or something new, also cool.

Also, I prefer Hwang over Yun-seong, but alas, they seem dead set on keeping the latter in the spotlight.

Back