Soulcalibur VI DLC Discussion Thread

1585742170369.png

The twitter salt is feeding me. I'm growing stronger....yes much stronger! mwahahha

Let the salt flow through you!

But in all seriousness it doesn't feel real that hwang could be a thing. Until I see a trailer this whole thing is just twitter drama.

Just to let you all know, Yun-seong means "blessed star" and Hwang literally means "yellow".

But, I'm going to have think about "Yell" for a bit.

So I think Yell was for Hilde
The other ones were pretty obvious

But I'am still investigating about the STAR case.
Algol is literally a name of a star
Its harder for me to find evidence of Hong Yun-Seong, or Yun-Seong meaning Blessed Star, how much is that true? Can you elaborate a bit ?

I'am actually thinking both char have equal chance of being the EVO S3 reveal, but I would give an edge of YunSeong if he combines popularity + codename revelance

So I think Yell was for Hilde
The other ones were pretty obvious

But I'am still investigating about the STAR case.
Algol is literally a name of a star
Its harder for me to find evidence of Hong Yun-Seong, or Yun-Seong meaning Blessed Star, how much is that true? Can you elaborate a bit ?

I'am actually thinking both char have equal chance of being the EVO S3 reveal, but I would give an edge of YunSeong if he combines popularity + codename revelance
China, Japan, and Korea all write with Chinese characters (Kanji), though Japan and Korea have other original syllable systems on top of that (Hiragana and Hangul respectively).

Yun-seong's name is written as 洪 (Hong/Vast) 潤星 (Yun-seong/Blessed Star) in kanji. You can see it here.

since this is about SCIV DLC..

so how many DLCs do you have?

i have- Tira, 2B, Cassandra, Amy, Hilde and Haohmaru along with Character Creation Set A-D

I'd almost be shocked to find out many who post here who aren't invested enough to have not picked up both season passes, honestly.

I expect those who want a "buxom" female full of fanservice from the amazonian lands probably didn't purchase a season pass. Also those who expected Algol/Zwei/Patroklos probably didn't buy one as well....

Kappa

I imagine they didn't buy the pass because the salt has been tremendous since Hwang was leaked..... and they are even more salty because that means Yun-Seong will take a slot that they want for Zwei or algol.... (come on they are prime material for SC7)

Nyte hasn't even returned either because he's planted his face in Marvel Comics or he's too ashamed after dying on the lesbian barbarian hill.....

I decided to not buy second season pass because I disagree with the policy of not informing us about anything that we will recieve in said pass. I only bought Hilde so far and I'm absolutely uninterested in Haowhoever so I'm fine with my choice

I decided to not buy second season pass because I disagree with the policy of not informing us about anything that we will recieve in said pass. I only bought Hilde so far and I'm absolutely uninterested in Haowhoever so I'm fine with my choice
That's a good stance imo. Haoh is fun, but imma press X to doubt he's coming back.

I'm a sad child who buys season passes to save money cuz my pay cheque is inconsistent at best. Got fucked with code vein, but, apart from the trash customisation packs, I've been pretty happy with season two.

That's a good stance imo. Haoh is fun, but imma press X to doubt he's coming back.

I'm a sad child who buys season passes to save money cuz my pay cheque is inconsistent at best. Got fucked with code vein, but, apart from the trash customisation packs, I've been pretty happy with season two.
Was initially interested with Code Vein since I was done with my first DS game but somewhat lost interest. Was something wrong with it?

Was initially interested with Code Vein since I was done with my first DS game but somewhat lost interest. Was something wrong with it?
All three DLCs are just reused dungeon maps with reused enemies with one unique boss encounter. There is no storyline associated with any of them, and you have to grind them multiple times to obtain all the unique gear... to have nothing to use it on because you already 100%’d the game months ago.

It would probably be less annoying to a brand new player than to someone who bought the Deluxe Edition at launch, but the content is still pretty disappointing that it lacks grounded relevance to the bigger picture. It’s just pretty weak overall.

All three DLCs are just reused dungeon maps with reused enemies with one unique boss encounter. There is no storyline associated with any of them, and you have to grind them multiple times to obtain all the unique gear... to have nothing to use it on because you already 100%’d the game months ago.
Yikes. It seems like patience is virtue and it's better to wait for reviews or any actual information about DLC. Another reason to be mindful of any sort of pre-orderes or early access (says that and buys Bannerlord)

I mean, I personally enjoyed code vein and the DLC bosses were fairly good but what you got Vs what you paid for doesn't really add up. I only bought it because I like messing around with classes, and fighting superbosses is fun to me. Otherwise, game itself, worth it, dlcs, not so much.

Back