Soulcalibur VI General Roster Speculation Thread

SoulCalibur VI: which 3 characters do you most hope for?

• A brand new character

• Amy

• Cassandra

• Hilde

• Hwang/Yunsung and/or Lizardman

• Rock

• Setsuka

• Viola

• Z.W.E.I.

• Other: Abyss, Algol, Dampierre, Elysium, Leixia, Li Long, Patroklos, etc.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Here's my roster, based partly on what I think is likely and partly on what I want. It's not perfect, but it could happen I think.

CONFIRMED
100% GUARANTEED
MY PREDICTION
MY IMPOSSIBLE DREAM
  1. Mitsurugi
  2. Sophitia
  3. Kilik
  4. Xianghua
  5. Maxi
  6. Nightmare
  7. Astaroth
  8. Ivy
  9. Voldo
  10. Taki
  11. Cervantes
  12. Yoshimitsu
  13. Edgemaster
  14. Seung Mina
  15. Hwang
  16. Rock
  17. Lizardman
  18. Siegfried
  19. Zasalamel
  20. Tira
  21. Raphael
  22. Cassandra
  23. (new - twinsaber guy)
  24. (new - female)
DLC
  1. Guest Character 1 (2B)
  2. Guest Character 2 (Geralt of Rivia)
  3. Guest Character 3 (Goro Majima's non-union samurai equivalent from Yakuza Ishin)

Hope Rock could come back and fight!

Going to list my ideal roster. 1-14 seem most likely. 13-16 seem pretty likely. 16-20 should be considered lucky (incl. guest) Take 20-24 with a grain of salt.

1: Mitsurugi
2: Sophitia
3: "Twinblades"
4: Ivy
5: Voldo
6: Taki
7: Kilik
8: Xianghua
9: Maxi
10: Astaroth
11: Yoshimitsu
12: Cervantes
13: Nightmare
14: "Papa Twinblades"
15: Siegfried
16: Raphael
17: Talim
18: Zasalamel
19: Tira
20: Dovahkiin
21: Aeon (keeps axes but none of the dragon stuff)
22: New Female
23: Hwang
24: Setsuka

Going to miss Mi-Na. But clones should stay out. Siegfried probably will stay as a separate slot unless Nightmare gets a costume that reveals Siegfried.

You know there's going to be some clones whether you like them or not. At least I don't care as much if they have different enough weapons.

Seong Mi-na was in SoulBlade, though, and Kilik wasn't introduced until SoulCalibur I. That would make him the clone. It's just misconstrued because Kilik became a main character and Seong Mi-na fell by the wayside like all the Koreans who just are not important to the plot at all. SoulCalibur III gave Seong Mi-na enough unique form of her own though to end the clone argument anyway, and they could easily give her that moveset even if she reverts to her SoulCalibur I looks.

I. Mi~Na & Rock deserves a main character slot in SCVI
II. Waiting for Revenant playable in Soul Calibur SCVII

Going to miss Mi-Na. But clones should stay out. Siegfried probably will stay as a separate slot unless Nightmare gets a costume that reveals Siegfried.
Captain-Picard-Facepalm.jpg

I'm going to pretend I didn't just read that.

I need to see Olcadan again, best half-human half-Hedwig ever. #NuffSaid

I want Olcadan back too. He is the best trainer ever. We need him for the Tutorial Mode:

7d683ddadef4fa7de66e1ed6fab2e5fc.gif

He is a meme too:

filing_images_cf77a85a7b75.png

So underrated character. It is one of the best things from this franchise.
One of the main reasons why SC III is my favorite Soul Calibur game so far. The kind of humor that Soul Calibur VI needs.

Last edited:
Aye, if we get a mimic, I'd like for it to be Olcadan. And if it's not Olcadan, I'd still like for Olcadan to be in the game with his own moveset. Or at least like a cameo or something. Maybe just a distant "Hoooo!" in the background

I remember back in the pre SCV days I made a petition to bring back Hwang and Li Long. This was before we knew the SCIV roster was also butchered and we had 3 mimics and two awful palette swaps.

I decided to throw in Olcadan, Hwang and Li Long in the petition because I thought Li Long and Hwang weren't enough.

Well having Olcadan ruined the petition. The lovely GFAQS soul calibur community refused to sign my petition because I included Olcadan in it.

It's...an interesting reason to refuse signing a petition to say the least. So I'll never ask for Olcadan to return ever again. I learned my lesson the hard way.

Edit: Of course I'll also never make a petition ever again. I was young back then.

If we got to see Olcadan before he became an owl, I'd be okay with Olcadan, like learning what led him to duel Edge Master, or finding out who he was and why he was important, but I wouldn't want the owl part back. Some people really love Olcadan, though. I was griped at for not including him as a possible returnee for SoulCalibur VI in a thread on reddit. And then when I did include him, people even begged for Charade. I don't understand. I guarantee if they included Edge Master, Inferno, Charade, Olcadan, and Elysium in the same game, there would be riots and pitchforks.

Hwang and Li Long are definitely not on the same level as mimics, though. I wouldn't have included Olcadan.

This is somewhat off topic but I've been playing around with Hwang and Li Long in SCIII with their arcade movelists.

It's quite a shame they probably won't return. From what I've played around with, Hwang doesn't even have a giant pool of moves so it wouldn't be so much effort to bring him over without new tools if they wanted to be lazy. Li Long I need to spend some time with...but I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. Both very cool movelists and I'm glad I'll be able to at least play with them even if I can't use them in an official way.

But we all know Li Long won't be returning and Hwang is very low on the totem pole

If we got to see Olcadan before he became an owl, I'd be okay with Olcadan

Well you got to see what he looks like in his SCIII 2p outfit and concept art (old grizzled tough guy with mad sideburns). The owl look is what makes him so memorable though. And that he's got the most vibrant personality of any of the mimics. That's what puts him above the rest for me.

I don't see why the mimics have to stay mimics though. If they can make Kilik into a mimic, surely they can make a mimic into Kilik. And thus... uh... bo staff... something something...

As I was saying, I felt that Olcadan would be the type of Edge Master I'd play, even Charade counts too due to their bizarreness. :D

Back