[Southern California] Kings Of the Ant Hill

ggs to everyone I played at the tourney today, im glad to see the san diego guys made it up again, socali needs to be strong again, and sadly there are fewer of us than it seems there have ever been in previous games in the series, I will try to come down to san diego next time

mbr we need to have a rematch, shirt match, I want that sc5 shirt next time I go clubbing :P

Man good times. Durango took our Guap again. I had to get at Noface he started to think, talk to the crowd about stuff not working too much and dropped off. Gotta keep our heads in the game., so Im yelling!!! Anyways, we need to get some sessions in and learn some character matchups this week. SD be takin our monies 2 straight weeks and i didnt play none of them. Lost to two nightmares... sad Salmon. Gotta patch up those holes for NCR. Who is going? And
P.S. GET HYPE FOR THIS GAME OR I WILL GET LOUDER AS THE WEEKS GO BY! This aint SF4 this is CALIBUR! BLLLLAAAARRRG!! >:)

Man good times. Durango took our Guap again. I had to get at Noface he started to think, talk to the crowd about stuff not working too much and dropped off. Gotta keep our heads in the game., so Im yelling!!! Anyways, we need to get some sessions in and learn some character matchups this week. SD be takin our monies 2 straight weeks and i didnt play none of them. Lost to two nightmares... sad Salmon. Gotta patch up those holes for NCR. Who is going? And
P.S. GET HYPE FOR THIS GAME OR I WILL GET LOUDER AS THE WEEKS GO BY! This aint SF4 this is CALIBUR! BLLLLAAAARRRG!! >:)

Well I'm holding casual on Friday Chris said he was coming for sure and sp man said maybe so y'all niggas need to car pool especially you talking all that good shit that u didn't get to play us lol

Here are the results from yesterday's tourney:

1st Duragon (Maxi)
2nd NoFaceKilla (Cervy, NM, Ivy)
3rd Aris (Mitsu)

Archive is here:
http://www.twitch.tv/avoidingthepuddle/b/311410481

Bracket is here:
http://challonge.com/sdscv5

Thanks everyone who came out, congrats to the placers, and we'll see you next week!

On a related note, I would like to encourage people to tell people about these tournaments and encourage them to come. I feel this game is reaching "Mortal Kombat" status where it's the same group of 30 or so people playing each week. I dunno, I think we can aspire to be better? Or is this a good number? Maybe convince some of the people who have SCV as a "B" game to come out and try their luck once?

Well I'm holding casual on Friday Chris said he was coming for sure and sp man said maybe so y'all niggas need to car pool especially you talking all that good shit that u didn't get to play us lol
True man! I will try to make it man. Was too funny with all the quietness and folks just golf watching. Friday it is though.

friday is usually girlfriend night for me but i will see if i can go, what time is the sc5 bus leaving?

edit: btw i am thinking bout hosting thursday night weeklies again like in sc4 at my house in carson ca, depending on the feedback i get, if a lot of people are down then i would be willing to host again, i dont have the biggest studio in the world but its probably as big as the living room i used to host meets, i have two monitors and one ps3 already so with another ps3 id have two setups, if two other ppl could bring full setups could have 4 going which would accomodate 8-12, please let me know if yall are interested in this because i feel we need a more centralized location where ppl can meet up

have limited space at my pad for games, so I need to get a head count, also need additional 2 complete setups, if we wanna get 4 systems at my place going, also only have 6 chairs, two of them beach chairs lol does anyone have any they can spare? if not I can buy some cheap foldable ones, I generally wake up at 7pm and we can start then, but if ppl wanna start earlier, I can set an alarm... since I work grave I can essentially play till I sleep which is 10am, doubt anyone will be able to last that long tho

edit: tag volunteered her xbizzy so we just need 2 complete setups now

whoever cant make it to banes on thurs can come down to my place. I gotta end at around 11pm since I have to wake up really early for work.

Do you guys mind me posting up Thursday sessions in the facebook group? On Wednesday I generally do a summary of "what's going on in SCV for the next X days".

Let me know.

well change of plans sorry I think itd be better if we host up at spmans tomorrow sorry for inconvenience

So reminder SD casual at my place

SD player going

Walter (ODIN)
Mark (duragon)
Jaymes (MBR)
Gil (???) Lol
Rob (HRD)
HRD JR
JJ (Legendary man)
Jon (call2arms)
Chris (aceman)
Danish (beatsstauflowing)