Southern California- OC Area Tournament

Utsuse

[09] Warrior
[x-posted from caliburforum.com- http://caliburforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35475]

Hello again, everyone!

Due to the overwhelming success of our casual gathering in September, we've decided to hold a tournament!

When: November 29th, beginning 3:00 pm sharp. Registration begins at 2:00 pm (please do not arrive before 2:00). Please arrive at least 45 minutes ahead of our projected start time to check in, and no later than 30 minutes beforehand (we will close registration at that time). Brackets will be posted by 2:50 pm.

Where: My apartment; address distributed by PM only. Please let me know if you will need directions prior to the day of the event. I am willing to provide last minute guidance over the phone like last time, but it can get pretty hectic and noisy when people start arriving. It would be a great help if you already have a general idea of where you're supposed to end up!

Cost: $5 Entry fee. We will not be taking a house cut; 1st place takes 70%, 2nd place takes 20%, and 3rd takes 10%.

Tournament Rules:

-Banned characters: All bonus and custom characters, Yoda, and Algol. Darth Vader will be allowed.

-Infinites banned

-Button binding will be permitted with no restrictions on button combinations.

-Matches will be held on PS3. BYOC, we will not have any house controllers available.

-Matches will be best, 3 of 5 rounds; Heats best, 2 of 3 matches. Losers/Winners and Semi/Grand Finals will be best, 3 of 5 heats.

-Match length will be set at 60 seconds.

-Default Health and Soul Gauge

-Stage Select Random

-Pausing the match will forfeit the round, resulting in a single round loss for the pauser. Soft reset (though I'd be amazed if someone managed to do this accidently) will forfeit the entire match, resulting in a single match loss for the resetter.

-Players may only change characters upon loss; Winners must stick with their winning character.

-Color edits permitted; makes no difference unless you're easily distracted by pretty colors and shiny things.

-Matches will begin promptly. Failure to appear within 3 minutes of your match being called will result in a heat forfeiture.

We have TVs/displays available, but we will need PS3s. Please let me know if you are able to provide a console and we can probably come to some sort of mutually beneficial arrangement (to the tune of discounted entry fee or something). Ideally, we would like to have 4 tournament dedicated setups. We will have one setup (360) available for casuals throughout the tournament.

House Rules:

-Shoes off at the door; please wear clean, intact socks. I can permit shoes in the living room area, but the bedroom for sure needs to be a shoe-free zone.

-My neighbors are old, crotchety busybodies. Do not engage them. Seriously though, we need to keep the noise level down as much as possible, especially later in the evening, and especially when outside in the courtyard. I didn't get any negative feedback last time we held a gathering, and I'd like to keep it that way. I don't care if you cuss inside, but try not to offend any delicate sensibilities while you are walking in and out of the apartment.

-Do not show up drunk; do not show up high. You + Stairs= mangled.

-Please shower, deodorize, and wear clean clothes. You'd be surprised how necessary this stipulation is. (For the record, this wasn't a problem last time!)

-Smoking (cigarettes) is permitted in certain areas outside in the courtyard. If you need to smoke, let me know and I'll show you where it's okay.

-Don't get rowdy or obnoxious or stabby. The police are just a phone call away...

Suggestions and miscellaneous!:

-Carpooling is highly reccommended. Try to park as courteously as possible to allow for maximum space. (i.e Don't park in the middle of a huge space that could easily fit two cars. My neighbors do this all the time and I swear I could just slash their tires sometimes.)

-We will provide drinks and snacks again. You may bring in food if you like, but all food and drink must be kept outside of the bedroom.

-We will not be held responsible for lost/stolen items. Please do whatever you must to make sure you leave with that which you arrived with.

Any updates will be noted in this post as questions or issues are addressed.

Hope to see you then!

Shit... as expected something did come up :( That's going to be twice I missed a gathering at your place Utsuse. Bah!

Will there be chicken there?

how about a heater
since its sooooo coooolllld in the D

Tournament this Saturday!!!
Free drinks!! Free snacks!! maybe some free cooking!!

I tested my recording equipment and everything works fine!
We will have 4 tourney setups.

As mentioned above... Vader is allowed. There isn't a good reason why he should be banned. I'm pretty sure nobody's going to use him HOWEVER he is tourney legal.

For people who are bringing PS3's; we would appreciate it if you could show up early so we can set everything up before the event :)

So, I have absolutely no tourney experience with SC4, but truly want to learn. I am a "newb". I would love to attend your guys' tourney to just learn the game (if anyone there would be willing to have a "padawan" so to speak). I'm not new to games, but as far as the advanced techs of SC4 I am foreign. I have a PS3 available w/HDMI cable, a car that can comfortably seat 4, and am from Rancho Cucamonga. I'd love to get into the SC4 community of SoCal. Let me know if someone like me would be welcome to go hang/play in your tourney (it'll be like having a bye! lol). AIM=Ducksbyob. Thanks guys!

I still have the address from the 9/20 gathering I planned to attend but couldn't because, and I'm not making this up,... I was in Las Vegas at that time (lol KTK).

PM or confirm if I can use that address, please.

Back