Southern California Online PSN tourny

T_T

[09] Warrior
Hello. Welcome to the innagural Artillery Productions proudly presents an SC4 PSN ONLINE TOURNY. AP SC4 PSN OT. or as i like to call it - aps c4 p snot. I will be going by the nickname "grenades" since "tee underscore tee" doesn't fit well into artillery. I would like to invite those who enjoy competing in Soul Calibur 4 and can accept, as well as overcome, lag issues. Also, because of lag issues, I ask that entrants be in or close to Southern California. The more "5" bar connections, the better.

In the spirit of competition, the benefit of cash money, and the convenience of not leaving your home, please join in this SC4 PSN ONLINE TOURNY. If you or someone you know have always wanted to test their Soul Calibur skills, this is definately it. If you wanna add that, "I win when it matters." title, here's your chance. For that $10 you were gonna spend on subway or del taco, here's a chance to strengthen your tourny experience without the having to drive an hour away.

If you are under 18, please make sure you have parental approval because they are legally responsible for your actions.

When: Saturday, August 15th, 2009. first matches start promptly at noon. estimated end time 2p.
Entry: $10.
Payout: 70, 20, 10. payouts sent same day.
Format: 32 man cap. Double Elim. Winners - ft2, semis ft3, finals ft4. Losers - ft2, semis ft3, finals ft4. Grand Finals ft4. 60 sec. All characters, bonus, and custom characters allowed. Random stage selection. Network errors = reconnect and continue match from same round count. Finals recorded. Random seeding. TIO tournament organizer.

- final day to send payment, Wednesday, August 12th 11:59p.
- there will be an additional $5 late entry fee after Wednesday, August 12th 11:59p - Friday, August 14th 11:59p. I will not be able to add anyone after Friday, August 14th 11:59p.
- link for brackets and who your first opponent is will be posted here in this post in an update on Saturday, August 15th by 11:30a.

**The entry fee is Non-Refundable and Non-Transferrable. Please be very careful before sending payment. All registrations are final. This means once you submit your payment, there is no editing it.**

Sending payment:
'to': muchomacho01@aol.com
'amount': $10
'purchase/PERSONAL': payment owed
Continue
'email to recipient, message': your (first name), (psn name), (nickname for brackets), (phone number), and (email address).

- if more than one entrant shares the same psn name, please specify in 'email to recipient, message'.
- if you are sending a payment for more than one entrant, please include all additional info in 'email to recipient, message'.

please make sure your email address and phone number are correct. I'll be sending out an email to the entrants by Friday, August 14th 11:59p with a list of everyone's name, psn name, nickname, and phone number.

Since I will be taking full responsibilty for entry fees, and payouts, any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me skype: 951 345 4691 or aim: muchomacho01@aol.com or psn: hi-5_yo_mama.

First Match:

contact your opponent either by phone or psn at least 5 minutes before noon to arrange who will host and begin first match no later than noon.

all matches will be run simultaneously. as soon as you know your next opponent, please play. in the case there is the "unable to connect" issue, please contact me via psn asap.

Match Reporting:

after you have played your first opponent, will the winner please message me via psn: hi-5_yo_mama letting me know you won. standby, and i will message you back with 'NEXT UP: (opponent psn name)'. it is up to you and your next opponent to call each other (refer to list), or message each other via psn, and arrange next match hosting.

if you lost your match and now are in the losers bracket, please standby. a tournament coordinator will contact you via psn with who your next opponent is. again, please standby and as soon as your opponent is determined, a message will be sent to you from a tournament coordinator. then it will be up to you and your opponent to call each other or psn message each other and arrange your next match hosting.

Forfeiting:

please stay in contact. competitors will forfeit a match if they are unable to be contacted during tournament. first warning will be sent via psn. 2nd warning will be phone call. assumed forfeit 2 minutes after phone call warning.

Assistance:

TOURNAMENT COORDINATOR: day of tournament, help with progressing brackets by communicating with competitors, helping run tournament smoothly and quickly. multitasking, team player, and great communication is a must. Please contact me via psn: hi-5_yo_mama.

RECORDING ENGINEER: I would like to have someone record and edit, including players name and score count and editing out downtime, of the grand finals and post them up on youtube. Please contact me via psn: hi-5_yo_mama.

Received Entries:
1. grenades

*if there are less than 17 entrants, a 16 man bracket will be run instead.
*if turn out is 11 or less people come Wednesday, August 12th, will send back via paypal 100% refund by Friday, August 14th.

Bracket Link (will post by Saturday, August 15th, 11:30a):
during tournament, check bracket link to see progress of tournament.

LOOKING FOR "5" BAR CONNECTIONS IN SO CAL:

if you are an active so cal online player with a "5" bar connection, frequently have a "5" bar connection against online people, or have friends that like to play this game that have a "5" bar connection, please get the word out and let them know this tourny is in 2 weeks and to check the link out. thanks.

good side to this, shows about how much interest is in socal online sc4 competition.

i know there's national interest, but scheduling and lag issues always will be more of a factor.

if turn out is 11 or less people come Wednesday, August 12th, will send back via paypal 100% refund by Friday, August 14th.

I'm also on XBL, otherwise I'd enter in a heartbeat. Maybe there should be a mini offline gathering using someone's PS3 for the online tourney? XD

would be sweet. definately possible.

"- if more than one entrant shares the same psn name, please specify in 'email to recipient, message'."
"- if you are sending a payment for more than one entrant, please include all additional info in 'email to recipient, message'."

if this turnout is smaller than 11, definately going to expand the next tourny demographic - norcal, ariz, nevada.

Face, $10 for an online tourny is a bit much, $5 would be at least a bit more reasonable...

true.

2 things if this doesn't have a great turnout:

1. little larger demographic
and/or
2. same demographic, smaller entry, just to get things started. ex: $1 or $5 entry

reason i want to do the $10 entry, and justified it with "lunch + gas money," is it makes the payout worthwhile. $10 is less than you'd be spending on driving to get lunch with a friend. and what you get in return, a worthwhile competitive experience, double elimination, the convenience and speed of everyone having ps3s and playing from their homes or what not, etc....

so all in all, a $5 entry fee would be a bit more price conscious, but, i would like to have the prize worthwhile.

hows it goin d.c.97 (:

alright. well. interested psn players here in socal region for an online tourny definitely isn't there.

no worries.

cancelled.

Back