Stance Evasion Study

Preliminary testing shows that Neutral (FROM STANDING) to INT appears to TC on frame 9-11ish. Would someone mind double-checking this for me? Keep in mind that if you go from a crouched position, or a move that leaves you in crouched, you stay TC the entire time.

Also, assuming REF A+B evades the frame you hit A+B, Neutral to REF seems like it takes a decent amount of time. Going to look into it more when I have the time.

The most interesting find today is....
Amy's 4A+B UB can be evaded by DRG. It goes right under it! O.o

lol what? I guess we can call DRG super tech jump. Now we just need to find other mids it can jump over.

Updates on DRG TJ over Amy's 4A+B.
- You must be nearly point blank range.
- You must DRG a little over halfway through Amy's animation.

I was pretty tired when testing last night, so I wasn't being as thorough towards the end. Still, pretty interesting stuff.

ivy

CL A+BA_A+K = between the 2nd and 3rd hit(must block the 1st hit fairly deep) = 4B+K REF A go for 2xDNK. if the first hit wiffs and yoshi blocks the 2nd hit then the 3rd hit will interrupt yoshi 4B+K. if the 1st hit is blocked too shallow REF A will wiff. REF K can be blocked.

WP 1AA = 2nd A can be 9Ged

taki: DGF between the her first and second low bombs. when i tested it you get enough frames to punish with DGF K, but not enough to get DGF B

Edit: Taki added!

Orion: I'll add that when I get Ivy done. Thanks.

MrQuotes: Nice find! Added.

I played with DGF a bit more from a downed/crouched position and the transition from being downed to DGF is reasonably fast.

it doesnt seem to matter that your crouching at all..
i stumbled on it by happenstance cause every time i tried to go to FLE i would to rising moves
yea im still newbish

That's why I specifically played with it downed and crouching, as opposed to going from neutral. FLE is the faster TJ, but you must be in neutral to get to it. So, DGF is a nice alternative. =)

i´m kinda new to this SC4 thing, but i played around with A+B a bit yesterday.
i managed to evade Voldos throws, not at point blank range tho, and get CH´s from it.
near an edge i landed an iMCF after a blocked A+B also.
i´m guessing you can evade some of takis highs. Lizzardmans throws also maybe hehe.
dunno if this is old news? anyone have some more info on what A+B evades?
and what the frames might be? it seems pretty quick.
i´m gonna play around with it more later!

oh, and can [A+B], K hit opponents, if you stand facing them? like, if they run into you or something?

A+B TCs (Tech Crouches), meaning it evades all highs. It's also incredibly slow (i30+). [A+B]K will not hit an opponent when you're facing them. It's more like a way out if your opponent ducks in reaction to you holding A+B. If this were Yoshi's only TC move, it might have some limited use, but 214A and 1K are the strong TC options.

Update. Seems like [A+B] only has its TC properties when he's releasing the breath. Meaning holding A+B doesn't put you into TC. This makes it even more useless than before in terms of evasion.

Kiliks BP B: REF A+B B. should be doable on reaction. or am i anticipating it?
tried to check the frames for BP B, couldn´t find any. but it must be quite slow.

If you want to test, set the computer to block and then do a recorded action (BP B). Then do FLE {B} as Yoshi (+0 advantage) into REF A+B B and feel it out from there.

You know. I did help ALONG time ago on how valuable 4b+k was and showed how nice it is to 3b afterwards. N e who. Well I did dable alot with it and Instead of 3b right away, try to 1b+k some stuff for added damage. I was working around with it till I just gave up on Yoshi's iMCF. But I have better sticks now and I'm back at it. I'll try to post some stuff up about setups to help out. Also, Maybe we can make a vid of some of this stuff. Some people are better visual learners than just reading. If they see it, then they will remember it. Instead of remembering the texts. I'm down for vids for each stance if yall would like. I have all the equipment, I might as well.

Since stance evasion is this topic, shouldn't their be data on how FLE and DGF move, (FLE 6, 4, 8, & 2)? Messing around just testing stuff, I noticed that while in FLE, I take one step forward (FLE 6) and try stepping and I have to tap as if G-Stepping, holding 2 or 8 won't initiate FLE step. But from neutral FLE, you can hold 2 or 8 and step as long as you want. FLE step-tapping, as I'll call it, has it's uses, and even evades lots of strings, I think FLE even steps faster when you tap, like regular step.

As said with DGF movement, everyone know's [A+B] speeds DGF. ie Taki's bomb's DGF over second bombs [A+B], [6] to fly right over them, or hover over and immediately DGF A for BT mixup. Also, is FLE B+Kg not a practical evasion tool? I've evaded Asta's 1KA with it and went into grapple/33B/FC3K mixup, IDK if anything is guaranteed, though. Just putting things out there. Will test a lot more tonight for this.

Back