Standard vs Special

Which do u like better??

• Total voters
It's a fun aspect and i occasionally join it. I love the ability to equip skills to fill in what may be flaws in my strategy or buff my pros. Plus CFs are a plenty with the proper build! But no way in hell does it compare to standard...

however when standard Lagcalibur decides to let every 4B+K jank cervy win...I'm tempted to grab my auto GI life gaining Ivy in special to make things feel...balanced???

Bah, what a shame... The cancel is rather weak in reality.
If gauge damage is active, one cancel turns the gauge from green to red in one shot. And when you're in the red, you're unable to use the cancel anymore.
So all those red flash combos seem to be impossible.

It might be worth it with good gauge recovery tools, though. In which case it could possibly give some additional depth to the game.

With Setsuka, you can chain CH 33B with B+K combo.
Or chain with abG or 44K,B if you want to get the most out of it with heavy gauge damage.

Or just turn the unsafe into counter-hit-combo-bait once or twice...

Could be fun.

XD haha yeah CNP thats the same thing what i think everytime im watching that vid,the moves reminds me on the super speciasl like robert,ryo,kim from KoF ^^ but i think its just a nice work from the guy who made this =)
And i think special is not so gay,some people should test it "for real" before they complain about it ;) hehe
....and im curious how it will be look if anyone`s gonna say"hey folks lets play a special tournament" ^^
...and the tier list for special lol =)

video was amazing, very surprised they couldn't pull a full life Ivy combo with it though. combo+WP RO cannon relaunch+combo+RO cannon relaunch+...+iCS?

im glad that the vid was entertaining,if ya wanna more...then i can post some more of this kind =)

Oh man special versus is sooooooo skill based I think I am going to host a tournament that is special versus, It takes sooooooo much skill to create a custom costume that kills the enemy in two hits!!!!!

ZEDONIUS... special versus is retarded

ZEDONIUS... special versus is retarded

I know, I was just joking around about thinking special versus was cool. Special versus is for noobs that need a handicap to win.

Try playing special without skills and just 100% health. See how many people disconnect after you beat them with real skill. I find it amusing.

:/ There's one bar to the special tourney idea. All the characters have different weapons, and some have like, way, way better weapons than others. Tira's and Nightmare's Soul Edges are pro, but Rock's thingy (I forgot the name) is suck, all his weapons are suck.

Back