Story Mode Love it or Hate it?

No. Daisuke Ishiwatari (the series' creator) confirmed some time ago that Venom was indeed gay.
And that is saying a lot, because people pointed fingers and mean mugs at Bridget for his lifestyle (guy who was raised to act like a girl), while admiring Venom for his design. Oh the irony.

I thought the story was a step in the right direction, however is in no way even close to comparing to the extravagant story of 3
They need to rebalance the alinement of the characters again so we can actually get some conflict.
hm.png

Now that I definitely disagree. I would not want an extremely melodramatic sob-fest of a roster. At least Leixia brings some positivity in the roster that characters like Talim, Xianghua, Seong Mina, and somewhat Yun-Seong have been able to provide in the past. Much more variety..
Change her personality and some of her traits. That's what'll make me appreciate her more but that's not something that can be done. I don't dislike characters for petty reasons but I never found anything to compensate for how much she irritated me from the start, too much of her existance is perfect especially considering the story. Also, why are they introducing more weapons into the series? Shouldnt the Soul Swords be the focus. If the blue stone on the pendant is part of soul calibur I take it. If they give her a fight that is awesome enough, and she gets her epic moment of "being injured but still getting back up because she must protect her loved ones", as well as a good portion of the of me will like her again.

Imho, I hate this story mode because the story is poorly written, contains two unlikable characters, and feels incomplete due to this story being rushed by Namco.

They need to rebalance the alinement of the characters again so we can actually get some conflict.
hm.png
That can work. I can see Patroklos being evil, and Pyrrha being the protagonist. Viola and Z.W.E.I. can be anti-heroes (but leaning towards good due to their association with Siegfried). Raphael will also be an anti-hero (or evil if he's actually Nightmare). The Asian fighting group would be good (obviously) but Natsu and Xiba could turn evil, along with Maxi, leaving Leixia to seek out Kilik to help her purify them. That's all I got...for now.

That can work. I can see Patroklos being evil, and Pyrrha being the protagonist. Viola and Z.W.E.I. can be anti-heroes (but leaning towards good due to their association with Siegfried). Raphael will also be an anti-hero (or evil if he's actually Nightmare). The Asian fighting group would be good (obviously) but Natsu and Xiba could turn evil, along with Maxi, leaving Leixia to seek out Kilik to help her purify them. That's all I got...for now.
Why would you want Natsu and Xiba to turn evil?

Well, this is something that jtdam09 thought of (blame him for that idea) because both Natsu and Xiba have some form of evil energy within them. Natsu has Arahabaki, and Xiba has the evil energy he inherited from Kilik. What if they weren't able to control that energy, and went berserk? It may seem farfetched but it's worth something to look into at least. What if for some reason, something cataclysmic happened that could trigger that evil energy coming forth? You never know. Or just keep them as is because the Asian fighters don't really have much conflict of their own, other than finding Kilik.

Well, this is something that jtdam09 thought of (blame him for that idea) because both Natsu and Xiba have some form of evil energy within them. Natsu has Arahabaki, and Xiba has the evil energy he inherited from Kilik. What if they weren't able to control that energy, and went berserk? It may seem farfetched but it's worth something to look into at least. What if for some reason, something cataclysmic happened that could trigger that evil energy coming forth? You never know. Or just keep them as is because the Asian fighters don't really have much conflict of their own, other than finding Kilik.
I see.

Well, many reasons:
-Character Development, since they are the best friends, and in the cases of Leixia and Xiba, half-siblings. How would these three react if the heel turn happened?
-With their character backgrounds, it does relate to the storyline, and could be an explanation as to why Natsu contained the Mekki-Maru from Taki, and Xiba contained the Kali-Yuga from Kilik.
-Thanks to Dvapara-Yuga, might put Leixia into the heroine position like her mother in SC.
-Their goal/role in SCV......Enough said.
-Just imagine how they would be if they were evil. Natsu would be OP to the max, while Xiba...a cannibal maybe? Well, he'd be primitive that's for sure.

A few Months late on replying. I know.

Natsherself doesnt have to be, but they hould make the claydoll inside her a new gradual antagonist to replace the soul edge incarnations or merge with them. Xiba should just turn into an oni for originality.

Back