Street Fighter 4!

don't make me 2B+K you with amy ... >.<......

but ya agree with her HG not being able to throw grounded and the SLOWNESS of it.. beside the EX version..but i just like her poking and punishing game ^_^b..its' very rewarding to win a match with her.. when you know you out smarted your opponent ^^... and sorry narotic.. she's my man... ops main main main (TITS.. TITS).. YA she's my main alright ^^b

Hey is there a forum like this one for SC4.... but for SF4?

i heard forum.shoryuken.com is one... but does everyone go there? or is there a better forum for SF4?

shoryuken is great for SF4 info, but it's ALWAYS down... the server can't handle all the new street fighter nubs looking for help, and purpose in their otherwise meaningless lives.

I have condensed my Akuma play style into a single post:

Are they big and scary (aka Zangief)?
Air fireball him to death.

Am I taking a lot of damage?
Setup for a FA2_3 -> Ultra SGS or punish with Ultra SGS

Do I want to do a combo?

Stat with one of these, depending on situation:
c.LK -> c.LP -> c.MP
c.MK
c.HP
HK(f) -> c.MK_c.MP
j.Hadouken -> c.HP_c.MK
j.Divekick -> c.HP_c.MK
j.MK (crossup) -> c.HP_c.MK
Demon flip K -> c.HP_c.MK
j.EX Hadouken -> c.HP_c.MK
j.HK -> c.HP_c.MK
j.HK -> HK(f) -> HP(c)_c.MP

Optionally continue for more damage with this, if you have enough super:
HP Hadouken xx FADC xx HP(c)_c.MP

End with one of these, depending on situation:
LK Tatsu -> LP SRK xx FADC xx HP Shakunetsu Hadouken
LK Tatsu -> HP SRK
EX Tatsu -> If in corner, HP SRK

Hey is there a forum like this one for SC4.... but for SF4?

i heard forum.shoryuken.com is one... but does everyone go there? or is there a better forum for SF4?

Shoryuken.com is the place to go to for Street Fighter. There might be other places, but they won't have as much in depth discussion.

Think I'd be more into this game if they hadn't removed Ryu's hcf k and kept all the animations Chun Li had in 3rd strike. They slammed her back to normal again just like they did in CAPvsSNK2.

Think I'd be more into this game if they hadn't removed Ryu's hcf k and kept all the animations Chun Li had in 3rd strike. They slammed her back to normal again just like they did in CAPvsSNK2.

Well remember this game is set before SF3. As for Ryu's kick, if you look you'll notice that Gouken's focus attack is the same animation as Ryu's hcf+k from SF3. Add that to the fact that Gouken's ultra is the Shin Shoryuken and I think its safe to say that Ryu learns a few new tricks from his old master at the end of this tournament.

don't make me 2B+K you with amy ... >.<......
hey junior don't make me throw u for free after i block u... lol... but seriously cammy isn't that bad... shes not top but shes ok... i am confused on who i wanna learn... definitely no chicks... maybe abel, rufus, sagat, gief or akuma... someone with little work and a lot damage ...like asta... lol...

to koshthekoala: how do u unlock akuma and gouken?

Akuma's got some serious EX stuff. Though mainly his Air Fireball, Hurricane Kick, and Regular Fireball (for the need speed).

What's really nice is Akuma's standing fierce opens up combos into LK Hurricane, and EX Hurricane.

Interesting things to notice. I lose a lot, but when I lose I notice that a player's overall scroll sits in triple E and D. Meanwhile, when I win I'm hitting up A C A usually, or A C B. I beginning to wonder if the score is bugged or something. There have been some really good players I've lost to, and they still net low scores. Dunno why. Either, I tend to take it with a grain of salt anyway.

Been trying out various characters, including Gouken. I still gravitate to Akuma (since alpha days). But just haven't won much at all. Priority in this game feels really weird, and then there's attempts at trying to punish, only to get my face eaten by a DP or what-have-you. Best example I can think of is blocked Hurricane Kicks from the shotos, when I try to punish, I end up eating a DP. Feels weird.

Interesting things to notice. I lose a lot, but when I lose I notice that a player's overall scroll sits in triple E and D. Meanwhile, when I win I'm hitting up A C A usually, or A C B. I beginning to wonder if the score is bugged or something. There have been some really good players I've lost to, and they still net low scores. Dunno why. Either, I tend to take it with a grain of salt anyway.
Isn't that your score? I figured I was the one drawing Z's etc while I was losing at least.

Ok am getting REALLY fuckin pissy with these combo links. Some seem to be real easy while others are just fucking impossible. I'm doing Dhalsim, and I can't get his 1st move on level 3 of challenge trails. it's MK > HCB LP. Just a med kick to the flame thrower and i have no fucking clue how to pull it off. I'm doing it insanely fast and nothing. Where the fuck is the frame opening?!?! This system is fucking ridiculous. I haven't been so fucking frustrated with a game since the NES generation before "saving" was implemented. ARGGGG!

lol
Try doing it point blank.

Right after you do it easily, slap yourself for me, since I can't reach you through the computer.

Ok am getting REALLY fuckin pissy with these combo links. Some seem to be real easy while others are just fucking impossible. I'm doing Dhalsim, and I can't get his 1st move on level 3 of challenge trails. it's MK > HCB LP. Just a med kick to the flame thrower and i have no fucking clue how to pull it off. I'm doing it insanely fast and nothing. Where the fuck is the frame opening?!?! This system is fucking ridiculous. I haven't been so fucking frustrated with a game since the NES generation before "saving" was implemented. ARGGGG!

I main Dhalsim aswell. If your using a stick ( which you should for Street fighter ) it honestly isn't so hard. If your using a pad, then your going to have trouble doing it. The timing is real small to do it.

Well i figured it out and the instructions were the fucking retarded part. Only reason i got is because i clicked on a random link on wikipedia about him and i read that holding back lets him do short only moves. All his links are easy...but can only be done if you hold back...

However the game does not say <-MP it says MP...How the fuckin hell was i supposed to know that?!? Even aware of Dhalsim having the back inputs, the commands do not say hit that. I would perceive that as a completely different move. It is only sheer luck i found it.

This game is really starting to piss me off. "casual friendly game" my ass... Also person above..your a deush. The ass hole gamer forum scene is getting really old with posts like that. Try saying something productive rather than being such a fuckass? Seriously...If i find some of you at Evo giving advice like that...I'm going to physically hurt you...there's gonna be bruised fat kids everywhere.

(gah old school gaming rage!)

Are you talking to me, loser?

*Smiles*

That was me trying to help you, noob.
Noobs getting QQ cause pro's aren't kind while they help them is what's getting "real old".

I'll be at Evo, guy-who-resorts-to-fighting-way-too-fast.
When you pussy out, I'll be there to mock you in person.

Back