Street Fighter 4!

This is probably a little late; however, s-kill from Capcom USA has finally posted the deal with unlocking Akuma and Gouken. For Gouken's case, not only does it have to do with perfects and ultra, but it also has to do with first attacks and how many rounds you put. This will help too if your trying to get the beat Gouken on hardest setting trophy. :D

Source

EDIT: My mains btw are Fei Long, Bison, and Cammy. :D

This is probably a little late; however, s-kill from Capcom USA has finally posted the deal with unlocking Akuma and Gouken. For Gouken's case, not only does it have to do with perfects and ultra, but it also has to do with first attacks and how many rounds you put. This will help too if your trying to get the beat Gouken on hardest setting trophy. :D

Source

He posted that blog yesterday, so it isn't tooooo late. However, it does clear some things on why some people weren't getting Gouken even though they did the things listed on SRK and what not.

i was told that vega is low tier but i love useing him as his offene is amazing, what are some combos and shoudl i play all out offence lets say agaist seth? also how the hell do you do his friggin ultra moves, charge down then a z motion?

You can still do his blackfilp with L2 or L1 buttons when on the defenseive my friend.

Dhalsim/Sakura

I like Dhalsim's anti-combo nature and I guess all the long range is very comfortable with me. I always loved him when i was a kid but had a weird feeling he was bad so i stopped...funny how he was regarded as top tier then.

He's not my best character, but hes the most coherent one to me.

I like sakura simply because her Shoryken has mad horizontal, and it just feels sexy to land the EX version.

sweet thanks bro, anyone know how gouken is?

Gouken is pretty great. He's not top tier but he's definitely strong. Some great pokes (st.fierce, st.roundhouse, st.strong, c.fierce, c.strong are all really nice), crazy combos and backthrow into Ultra make for some really awesome pressure. He's got a pretty nice karathrow too, not as good as Ken's but it makes backthrow a lot scarier. He's got shit for anti air tho and he couldn't stop rushdown if his life depended on it.

(btw I main Gouken/Rose tho I can "play" most characters except Viper)

I know its still kinda early to be asking such questions, But does anyone think SF4 is gonna get a remake or two? Looking at Street Fighters track record I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

Gouken is pretty great. He's not top tier but he's definitely strong. Some great pokes (st.fierce, st.roundhouse, st.strong, c.fierce, c.strong are all really nice), crazy combos and backthrow into Ultra make for some really awesome pressure. He's got a pretty nice karathrow too, not as good as Ken's but it makes backthrow a lot scarier. He's got shit for anti air tho and he couldn't stop rushdown if his life depended on it.

(btw I main Gouken/Rose tho I can "play" most characters except Viper)

His auto counters are both reliable anti air AND anti rushdown, from what I've seen. Good damage too.

His auto counters are both reliable anti air AND anti rushdown, from what I've seen. Good damage too.

His auto counters aren't reliable for anti-air. It'll just induce more empty jumping. There is still little to no fear of jumping in when fighting against Gouken. As for anti-rush down, if that rush down is void of mind-games in the process (IE Rufus's consecutive dive kick pressure) then yeah it's pretty beast.

@w00t: I have it install but I forget how much space it takes. I'm assuming 1.5 or 2 Gigs. I'll check later.

I know its still kinda early to be asking such questions, But does anyone think SF4 is gonna get a remake or two? Looking at Street Fighters track record I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.
I saw a quote somewhere after release that I think was from Famitsu saying that they were thinking about a Champion Edition or something at some point. They also mentioned that they had Modeled T.Hawk and DeeJay earlier in development but never textured them.

nice is he better then akuma?

I would not rate him better than Akuma, personally.

As for the possibility of update versions, if Capcom wants this game to last 10 years like SF3 did, it's bound to happen. Ono mentioned that he'd love to make a SFIV:Dash update if fans demand it.

Used to play Chun-Li in the first SF2 iterations. When Alpha came, she was too changed up for me to play, so I gravitated to Akuma. In every Street Fighter, though, I've played Ken.

he doesn't need an upgrade... his freaken combos r so beast... and in the corner ex sonic boom to ex focus cancel shit hurts... not as much as chun, ken or dan... but freaken scirrors kick is a pain...

can someone tell me y balrog's ultra only hits once before opponent falls to the ground??? and y can't i combo viper's jump hk to air flame kick??? these r stuff from the challenge mode...

can someone tell me y balrog's ultra only hits once before opponent falls to the ground??? and y can't i combo viper's jump hk to air flame kick??? these r stuff from the challenge mode...

With Balrog, after the first hit, hold all 3 kicks for the rest of the ultra to make his straight ahead punches become uppercuts.

With C.Viper, what challenge are you on? I don't remember having to combo jumping HK into aerial flame kick.

Back