Street Fighter 4!

1) SFIV is a slower game compared to it's previous installments. However, being a SC player (SC is an even slower game) why are you complaining about that?
SC is not a slow game. Not as fast as say, GG, sure, but I haven't noticed it being slower than games like Tekken or 3S.
5) Who the hell are you playing with to say Dashing = Walking...?
Sagat and a few others I don't remember. After playing some more and unlocking Cammy, I've noticed she and others are a lot faster.
6) Game was built for the arcade. Get a stick.
The obvious answer. But I've played stick and I absolutely suck with it, and I wouldn't have enough money for it anyway. I'm mostly complaining considering it was fine in HDR.
8) Get an HDTV.
Haha, wish I could.

Need help here really quick.

I main bison and my secondary is Rose. I am curious about how to beat a certain play style.

Against Sagat, how do you beat someone who stays back and launches a few fireballs and waits for you to come then combos you? My teleport is unsafe and I am throw punished, I cant jump attack or else he hits HK and hits me from the air just to combo me, I cant run straight up or else im smacked by his fireballs. My DownCharge Up+K doesnt work either since He still hits me from the air. Same problem with knee press and psycho crusher, punished after use. What am I to do? Any tips?

Crouch-charging for specials at the opposite end of the stage is exactly where i want to be against Sagat(or really most of the other cast as well). You need to learn how to "bait" that Tiger Uppercut by mixing up devil's reverse and stomp. EX stomp is where a large chunk of your damage is coming in. Do a few devil reverses to make sagat delay his uppercut then throw in an EX stomp. You can even use devil's reverse as a mid-air evasive to avoid the uppercut then punish him on his way down, although the correct timing on that will take some balls, practice, a little luck and prediction on your part.

Once you have this tactic down, Sagat will quickly realize that he has to close distance to kill you lest he gets EX-stomped to death. This is where spacing and runaway tactics come in. Remember, psycho crusher can put u at the opposite side of the stage so, u could use that to space, provided he's unable to block it. Devil's reverse is controlled so it's a good spacing tool, as well as the recovery of stomp(do NOT even bother with the punch follow up of the stomp, it sucks!). If you have to use teleport, use it while he jumps so he cant turn around and punish u right away. If he's in your face and your forced to fight, use SHORTKICK scissor kicks mixed with crouching short kicks, maybe throw in a standing hard kick once in a while. I believe the short scissor kicks are completely safe. A well timed standing hard kick can be a surprisingly effective anti air if he jumps you. Once he's knocked down, space him again, rinse and repeat. A really desparate player may throw his ultra out blindly, make sure your charging and punish it with your own ultra. That goes for any wiffed, high Tiger uppercut as well. I'll charge down-back the entire match as long as i am able.

SC is not a slow game. Not as fast as say, GG, sure, but I haven't noticed it being slower than games like Tekken or 3S.

SC faster than 3S? What SC are you playing? It's certainly not SCIV.

The obvious answer. But I've played stick and I absolutely suck with it, and I wouldn't have enough money for it anyway. I'm mostly complaining considering it was fine in HDR.

Playing on a stick and expecting to be good using one on the first attempt without any experience prior is about as silly as being new to a fighting game AND it's scene and expecting to be good at it without any experience prior. If you never to rarely use a stick, of course you're going to suck at using a stick. That's common sense that applies to a load of other things. I sucked royally with a stick when I first used one. This is, of course, because I rarely used them as there aren't any decent arcades nearby for me to play in.

BTW; cheap sticks cost around $40 for both PS3 and 360. No need to go big when you're only starting out. I'm still using my $40 SCIV PS3 Hori HFS because I'm a cheap bastard. Granted it's a piece of shit, but it gets me by.

quick question... is there anyway to copy or move your saved game file to another ps3?

use a USB, plug it in. Go to your memory files, copy it onto your USB. Go to another PS3. Log into your account from there and then copy the data.

With Balrog, after the first hit, hold all 3 kicks for the rest of the ultra to make his straight ahead punches become uppercuts.

With C.Viper, what challenge are you on? I don't remember having to combo jumping HK into aerial flame kick.
oh thx... the hold over head charge punch to cr.lk, head butt to ultra is a sick combo... sf4 should really be a little more clear on descriptions... anyways that combo is in viper's 3rd challenge of the normal ones... i've tried a lot of ways to connect hk into aerial burning kick... opponent blocks it every time...

well for Viper's air HK into burning kick, you HAVE to jump at an angle, jumping straight up won't work.

i'm sorta stuck on her HARD one where it's Focus, Crouch HP, Thunder knuckle cancel into Ultra. I cannot get the ultra off fast enough

Spamming the Low Fierce Kick? I have parried the second sweep, hit him, only to be open to a hit in the face with a scissor kick. You can't block it, you can't parry it since it double hits or has this armor break property. Focus hitting the second sweep of the Guile Fierce kick will result in punishment far worse than what you deal... WTF...

You can FA the c.HK once you block the first kick, so you can FA the 2nd and get back on the offensive. But mostly vs turtle Guiles, just out turtle him, He can't win in a fireball war, he'll have to FADC though some or your fireball, or neutral jump, this give you time to close the distance.

Guile has no realiable way to deal with cross-ups, his FK will either trade or whiff, and since he does so little damage, any trade will be in your favor. You need to play patiently vs Guile. once you have a lead, sit on it, make him come to you.

anyone know if Vega vs Ryu is a good machup?

The Vega vs Ryu match-up is 6-4 in Ryu's favor, so Vega is at a disadvantage, but not so great that he can't pull it off.

jsut to avoid confusion..try calling them "boxer,dictator, and claws" instead of thier names since it switches from japan to the us and country to country even...

what about ...
- the black boxer guy who is not dudley
- the self obsessed wolverine/jason x wanna be
- the 'i'm the boss... obey me or i'll stomp u to death' guy...?

I need a fucking Gamepad for this game. I'm 3-50 online now.......

Back