Super High-Level In Your Face TIERLIST!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'm late 2 da partay but, seriously, I can't find any tierlist (das not a wurd lol) thread that I can post in and I never got to share my opinion. If possible, I want this to be a discussion because I want to talk about everyone's perspective and actually like to hear this stuff (so, if we can, no close, please). I mean, I know people get angry for whatever reason but that's just another spice of life, right?

I'd like it if, rather than posting you guyseses own that you criticize mine. Now, I understand that might not always be the case but I'd at least like for the topic to start off that way so that I can give a chance to give some reasoning. But, please, be direct in your criticism and questioning; it's much harder to answer the question, "Why is *X* here?" as opposed to answering, "Why is *X* here and not here?" or "Why is *X" here instead of *Y*?"

Well, without further delay, my own personal tierlist! =o

A:

Cervantes
Alpha Patroklos
Mitsurugi
Algol
Tira
Viola

A-: Pyrrha

B+: Patroklos
Natsu
Yoshimitsu

B: Nightmare
Siegfried
Pyrrha Omega
Hilde
Voldo
Ezio
Xiba
Astaroth
Ivy
Aeon
Maxi
Z.W.E.I.

C: Raphael
Leixia

D: Dampierre

I also want to make a spreadsheet to see how much what I think matches up with what I think (know what I mean)? So, if someone can help me understand...how to actually make a spreadsheet, it'd be much appreciated!

Most lists that are posted are not that far from each other
Personally i'd go with (not in order):
S: Viola, Astaroth
A+: Algol, Cervantes, Mitsurugi
A: Natsu, Alpha, Patroklos
B+: Omega, Pyrrha
B: Xiba, Maxi, Tira, Hilde, Nightmare, Ivy, Yoshimitsu, Voldo
C+: Siegfried, Aeon
C: Zwei, Leixia, Raphael, Dampierre, Ezio
more or less

Well, might aswell post my own.

A+:
Viola
Alpha Patroklos
Cervantes
Mitsurugi
Pyrrha

A:
Patroklos
Yoshimitsu
Algol
Tira
Natsu

B+:
Pyrrha Omega
Nightmare
Astaroth
Xiba
Voldo
B:
Ivy
Ezio
Hilde
Aeon
Maxi
Siegfried

C:
Z.W.E.I.
Raphael
Leixia

The Lebello Tier: Dampierre

However, I stick to what I always said. No character is unviable in this game.

Unless you understand the game at a higher levels, tiers don't matter and you probably wouldn't' understand them. Everything's cheap to an ignorant or player. I'm relatively sure I'd beat you if you used Viola or Dampierre and I used ZWEI or if you used ZWEI and I used Dampierre or Viola but that wouldn't prove anything other than the fact that I beat you.

Tiers are not saying that things are set in stone but think of it in this light to help you understand. Let's say we have a coach and a group of random potential players for a team. You task him out to pick the best possible candidates and make a team from them. Chances are, he'd go with the tall black guys from the inner cities of the US way, way before he goes for the short Asian girls from Bangkok...and that'd probably be the smart thing to do.

Explaining further, this is not to say that one of those short Asian chicks couldn't be amazing if the coach put hours of training into her but chances are he'd get a much higher return for his time if he did the same with those tall black guys. Barring natural talent, the tall black guys have tools that allow them to excel at basketball (the reason that you do not take under consideration performance so much as the potential/toolset of characters when thinking about tier lists).

Elaborating on the point of you beating me and me beating you. Me beating you would not make Raph any more good and neither would you beating me with him; it would reflect our skills as players. Thinking that it'd reflect the character would be the equivalent of saying that all shorter guys can do just as good just as easily as the big guys in the NBA because Allen Iverson manages to do well.

Sorry if that one part came off arrogantly but I think there's no better way to explain tier lists to someone who doesn't understand the concept and I think that everyone should read this to get a better understanding of them in general.
No it's ok, you did help me understand tiers better so thank you. And don't take me last comment too seriously I just thought it and posted it at the time.

Literally Eats Gods For Breakfast Tier: Aeon

God tier: Cervy, Viola, APat, EIN.

Worthy To Challenge The Gods Tier: Mitsu, Algol, Pyrrha.

Mere Mortal Tier: Pretty much everyone else.

Dead On Arrival Tier: Raphael, ZWEI, Ezio, Dampierre.

There is no way Yoshi is a whole tier higher than Omega and Asta and that Omega is on the same tier as Xiba and two tiers lower than Pyrrah.

Personally, I think that people overestimate the living f*ck out of Algol, but that is their opinion, as is my own tierlist.

Right now I play Xiba, but as an alternate, I want to learn Dampierre. Based on who's hardest to fight, (you ALL kick my tail with whoever you use), but the standouts are, Natsu, Patroklos, Pyrrha, Seigfried, and (I think) Viola. She's the one with the chain/fish-hook thing?... And the gal with the ball that whizzes around.
I think a cool character to learn would be Devil Jin... he is insane fast, but it's a shame his range is a bit limited.
Newby signing off.

who said anything about Algol?.....

In many people's tier-list tey list him as a high. When I go online half the people I fight say he is borderline OP lol. Algol sucks, the only thing he has going for him is Meter-based combos. W/O meter he does less Damage with his most powerfull combo can only do about 80-90 DAM and that is with 44B. His stepkill sucks ass. People should realize that too. To stop you from stepping he will just relentlessly spam 2A. Dont have to worry about 3AA since it is rubbish.

Ok but I was talking about Omega. What makes you put her so low? or Yoshi so high?

It was the amount of thinking I put in this tier list. I literally did this under 38 seconds and posted it. Pyrrha omega is higher up of course, she is just a boring-ass character so I kind of threw her in the list rather than thinking about it.

A problem I have with tiers and players not understanding them is that they become something of a self-fulfilling prophecy. I see lots of questions here like, 'What makes Algol so good?' I can guess that many of those same players also have either played Algol themselves or had success against Algol. But, for the problem, when people lose with these characters, they tend to lie to themselves and say things like, 'Well, my character sucks so you should be winning anyway,', 'He's only beating me because his character is better,', or even, 'You shouldn't be losing this character because he's so bad.'.

On that same note, I don't think you all should be attributing your success, especially against players not known to be top players (that you don't play with regularly) to that character being good.

Just in the middle of reading and felt like posting that.

It was the amount of thinking I put in this tier list. I literally did this under 38 seconds and posted it. Pyrrha omega is higher up of course, she is just a boring-ass character so I kind of threw her in the list rather than thinking about it.
Dude if your not going to think about it than dont post a tier list up. Some people come to this thread actually looking for instructive and well educated lists. Your wasting peoples time by putting up a list which has characters based on whether you think they are boring or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom