Svetnikov's SCVI Showcase

Thank you both!

@VILARCANE
I'm very glad you noticed the thumbnail pics! Whenever possible, we use them to help illustrate the sort of character they are, makes it easier to tell the "serious" from the "goofy" cast types, among other things.
As for Kenzie's nose, nothing special there, I just doubled up the patch stickers. Used to be one would suffice, but you know how the sticker system is this time around...

@Draggonnfs
Toast was really fun to do. Though I tried a turban on him at first and he almost ended up as Achmed the Dead Terrorist.
hUeyNMA.gif

Can i suggest something i used back then for the perfect cat nose on tora :
moon sticker, rotated to the horizontal, face down, it adds the wet shine and depth you don't have with the patch, plus only need one sticker...provided it still works and isn't a blurry mess in 6, in 5 it was just great.
Ref pic below (i will delete it later if you want, don't like to pollute others' thread, just trying to help) :

1542115994109.png

more complicated for the whiskers though, since one key item is missing (the weird metal fan shaped ornament with blades iirc)

Wow, been a bit since I had anything worth posting here...
But first,
Can i suggest something i used back then for the perfect cat nose on tora :
moon sticker, rotated to the horizontal, face down, it adds the wet shine and depth you don't have with the patch, plus only need one sticker...provided it still works and isn't a blurry mess in 6, in 5 it was just great.
Ref pic below (i will delete it later if you want, don't like to pollute others' thread, just trying to help) :
more complicated for the whiskers though, since one key item is missing (the weird metal fan shaped ornament with blades iirc)
Sorry Vil, that was something you suggested in the old SCV thread too, and I wasn't too happy with the results then either. No biggie though, patch sticker works just fine. You know I love Tora, she's just styled a bit differently. ;)

So! Who's up for some new CaS?

Arden (Style: Killik)

Arden's the "serious business" type, a forest Warden who doesn't take kindly to strangers or trespassers. A somewhat-friend to Lyris, they often butt heads (figuratively and literally), as he wishes she'd take life more seriously / she wants him to lighten up. Classic budding romance, or the makings of a vicious rivalry? Only time will tell I suppose.

Rasha (Style: Ivy)

A very bad kitty, in more ways than one. A huntress-for-hire who's equally content serving clients as severing their mortal coil, and takes a disturbing amount of pleasure from seeing her blade stained red. Anyone paying her rates either enjoys suffering, or inflicting it on others - she ain't quick about her work either way.

Cass (Style: 2B)

Cass traded in her knives for something a bit more robust. A change of attire was due.
w66aRR5.jpg

2am2Zha.jpg

H2AzYDS.jpg
Not much to say here other than I'm really enjoying 2B's style. It fits well with Cass and is way more fun than Taki's moveset (though I still wish we had Natsu back).
@brucege I went back to the astronaut-boots for this one. Sci-fi look isn't so out of place when you've got an actual robot tagging along and firing lasers for you!

Wow, been a bit since I had anything worth posting here...
But first,

Sorry Vil, that was something you suggested in the old SCV thread too, and I wasn't too happy with the results then either. No biggie though, patch sticker works just fine. You know I love Tora, she's just styled a bit differently. ;)

So! Who's up for some new CaS?

Arden (Style: Killik)
View attachment 58047
Arden's the "serious business" type, a forest Warden who doesn't take kindly to strangers or trespassers. A somewhat-friend to Lyris, they often butt heads (figuratively and literally), as he wishes she'd take life more seriously / she wants him to lighten up. Classic budding romance, or the makings of a vicious rivalry? Only time will tell I suppose.

Rasha (Style: Ivy)
View attachment 58049
A very bad kitty, in more ways than one. A huntress-for-hire who's equally content serving clients as severing their mortal coil, and takes a disturbing amount of pleasure from seeing her blade stained red. Anyone paying her rates either enjoys suffering, or inflicting it on others - she ain't quick about her work either way.

Cass (Style: 2B)
View attachment 58048
Cass traded in her knives for something a bit more robust. A change of attire was due.
w66aRR5.jpg

2am2Zha.jpg

H2AzYDS.jpg
Not much to say here other than I'm really enjoying 2B's style. It fits well with Cass and is way more fun than Taki's moveset (though I still wish we had Natsu back).
@brucege I went back to the astronaut-boots for this one. Sci-fi look isn't so out of place when you've got an actual robot tagging along and firing lasers for you!

Hi, glad to have you back...like the feathered tail and the tribal tattoo sticker for stripes, very clever...and cat teeth are perfectly made.

Hi, glad to have you back...like the feathered tail and the tribal tattoo sticker for stripes, very clever...and cat teeth are perfectly made.
Thanks! Took a while to find any kind of inspiration, I've about reached the end of what I feel I can do with existing CaS parts. Rosa's got a couple she could post too, but hasn't poked at the game much in a while.
-Feathered tail I owe Rosa for inspiration, I liked how it came out on Prince. Helps lend a more 'feral' look to her than nekos like Cass & Kenzie. Still wish we had the cat tails as ExEq instead of stuck on Outcast options, but nothing to be done there I guess.
-Is Motif 74 (the phoenix black & white) tribal? I toyed with a few different ones, including the tree initially, but somehow the sharper lines on the bird ended up working best. Had to flip it upside down though.
-Cat teeth I can't take credit for. Rasha's initial inspiration was from a CaS I found browsing downloads, borrowed the teeth from there. I'd actually considered using Voldo's spikes as fangs, but I used up my 3 slots on ears/tail/fluff.
-No mention of the sticker use on the boots? Aww! Was kinda proud of how that turned out, too. I tried using a black square to tone down the scratches & scuffing on 2B's boots, but even double-layered stickers don't seem to make much of an impact there. Sadly, I noticed in the process that 2B's outfit makes stickers look very low-res and blurry, depending placement.
As always, I'm still left feeling like there's something more / different I could do with her, but I'm always glad to hear your thoughts!

Our premier furry CaS returns. Rasha reminds me of the scene with the wanted poster in Xenoblade Chronicles 2.
HAH. I wouldn't say 'premier' but I'll take the compliment anyway. Nonhuman CaS are just more interesting to me. I don't have the dramatic flare for armor/outfits you do. Sorry to say, I never played Xenoblade series though, I'm afraid I don't know what scene you're referencing.

Glad to have you back on board!! Hope things are going well for you and Rosa :) also, happy (belated) new year!

Ok, to the CaS now. Arden is my favorite of this batch, his design looks very cool and even though I'm not a big fan of green, 'tis executed very well here :)
I love his imposing, wild faun-like look, he's definitely the guy that means business. Really digging how you applied that white lion sticker (if I'm not mistaken, that sticker in in-game lore is the Wolfkrone emblem?) on his undies, it provides a nice contrast to the green/brown/gold color palette. Liking that tattoo and his glowing green eyes too. A cool thing I noticed is how you mixed patterns with stickers (e.g the eastern petal one on his waist wrap with a couple roses) and you did so in a great way, I'm amazed at the result! :D

Damn, you inspired me to create a non-human of my own haha! Glad to have ya back again.

Glad to have you back on board!! Hope things are going well for you and Rosa :) also, happy (belated) new year!
Thank you! Hope your new year's going well too!

Re: Arden, I honestly struggled a lot with him. I wanted a complimentary character to Lyris, but her brighter, 'flowery' design doesn't suit him, and an excess of green & brown felt too dull. Needed a splash of color in there somehow, couldn't quite figure out the best way to do it.
-I'm not sure about the Wolfkrone symbol, but I wouldn't be surprised. I didn't want to highlight the gryphon, but it shows up too clearly with white sticker, and black looked lost and dull against his dark skin, so I was kinda stuck. Could've added another sticker over it, I guess...?
-He's a weird mix of Eastern / Western themes, and it doesn't feel as cohesive as it does with Lyris. His first version was actually using the Demon Gauntlets and 'Rugi's shoulder-pads, but it ended up making him look a bit too "woodland samurai." I'm wondering if using armor at all was a mistake, though really it's the clash of patterns and emblems that feels off - his skirt is about the only place where I feel it does work acceptably.

Damn, you inspired me to create a non-human of my own haha! Glad to have ya back again.
I look forward to seeing what you come up with! Please @ me if/when you post 'em!

*dusts off thread*
So! CAS pack 1... kinda underwhelming. Nevertheless, I do have a bit of new stuff for everyone to "meh" resoundingly at!
We'll start things off with that most Generic of generics, the Knight. Two of them, actually.

"Knight Aurum" (Style: Geralt)
Knight_Aurum.jpg

OSpCu3M.jpg

W9WknZQ.jpg

"Knight Talos" (Style: Mitsurugi)
Knight_Talos.jpg

OrVUTsp.jpg

65vqgHo.jpg

VsMTPMO.jpg
These armor-bois are the direct result of another run through Libra, and thinking "Good grief, Bamco, is this the best you could do?" The 'random encounter' knight types are painfully dull, and while I don't mind giving the occasional generic henchman a smackdown, I couldn't help thinking they should've put in just a tiny bit more effort at making some decent-looking foes.

Now if only there was a way to replace characters in Libra...

(Flame) Atronach (Style: Azwel)
Atronach.jpg

YfdABeS.jpg

k17sVzz.jpg

CFWwAxL.jpg

wWRlVrN.jpg
Soul Calibur is fun, but my real true love is the Elder Scrolls series. I'm generally not compelled to do reproductions, but that Arcane stuff was just begging for a coat of black. Even managed to get a proper rumble/hiss "voice" for her!
Now the real concern - how to banish this daedra before it lights half the country on fire... Darn astral fissures. Who knew they'd open a portal to Oblivion?

Rensa (Style: 2B)
Rensa.jpg

xFBgDHk.jpg

cvCk4an.jpg

5Lcb21L.jpg

xoPWHLk.jpg

b4HRfvT.jpg

EOaQNDV.jpg
Rensa had no intention of following in her elder sister's footsteps, but when she learned of Rasha's unsavory reputation, she was determined to set things right. While unhappy with the mercenary life, she willingly accepts the burden in order to continue pursuing her real target - her estranged sibling. Is reconciliation possible, or will Rasha's bloodthirst be the end of them both?

(I have a thing for cats, sue me.)
There are a lot of things I'm quite proud of with Rensa's design, but it originated with the desire to use the "butterfly antenna" as a replacement tail, when the new stuff dropped. I soon discovered that it was marred by uncolorable brown stripes, which only work well for... well, striped characters. The rest fell into place a little haphazardly, but a couple of my favorite details are:
-Using a horn (white/brown gradient texture) for the nose. Stickers just don't cut it on dark skin.
-Matching 'gold swirl' pattern from Mina's skirt on the Arcane armor pieces. Probably not hard to guess which sticker, but that pattern is a pain in my tail and has prevented me from using the skirt on many occasions.

As always, I welcome feedback and critique. Please feel free to share your thoughts!

Hello there :)! You sir, have most amazing and wonderfull looking CAS-creations here :D! Starting with your knights, particulary with Aurum, he looks very nice with all the armor and equipment forming a formidable look and concept. The colours and stickers are also a delight to watch, as the golden, black and red colours are in excellent harmony with one another, are just the proper brightness and create a sense of true medieaval colouring and patterns. Your horns ExEq on the helmet adds a nice touch to otherwise simple helmet. The serious face under the mask with a battle scar and appropriate short hair fits very well to his knight concept. His style of Geralt also fits him well as it makes him look elegant like a true knight.

Same can be said considering your other knight, Talos. The harmony between the right shaded golden armor with blue pattern on the under clothes is a feast for eyes to watch and the addition of feathers to his helmet works similarily well as with Aurums helmet. The serious face with scars just adds his credibility as a battle hardened knight. Going with Mitsurugi style and with a fine coloured european looking sword is a nice alternative and choice instead of just picking up Siegfrieds or Knigtmares styles.

Considering your opinion about the dullness of knight designs in Libra, I can agree with you. I didn´t really mind their dull designs that horribly much as I was more intrigued that they added the hole Libra of Souls mode to the game in the first Place, considering how limited such story option were in SC5. Altough the designs of berserkers in Libra after you have played through the story itself and hunt those astral fissures freely seem more like a joke than an actuall effort XD.

So yeah, it would be a really nice option to replace them with your own created knights. Perhaps in the far future, but even that´s a long shot, but hey, who knows :)?

Alright, back to the creations review. The Flame ( Atronach ) definetily caught my eye out of all the characters in this batch. She looks absolutely stunning with her flame looking skin ( created By colouring the skin red and heavily utilizng the flame sticker I presume? ) and the new armor that came in the latest DLC. Your thorough use of ExEqs on her head really makes her look intimidating and fits her flaming essence. Out of all the reprudoction I have seen, this counts as one of the best :). Then again, haven´t really played Oblivion myself so my knowledge on the original design is rather Limited XD, but awesome work nevertheless ;).

If Atronach is eyecatching, then your Rensa is an absolute beauty of a sight to behold :). The amount of details on her colouring and patterns is staggering and the choice of her equipment forms an awesome concept. The pure harmony between white/black colours and patterns with the more colourful theme on her leg armor, skirt and weapons just looks so fabulous to watch. I also love the way you created the also cool looking cat fur to her back together with the cat tail, utilizing the new horn set from the latest DLC. She is also beatiful with her face paint, stern look, cleverly used horn ExEq for the distinctive cat nose, cat ears and that fuzzy Tira hair that fits perfectly to her wild and cat like personality. The backstory for her is just an icing on the cake to make her even more credible. I can clearly see why you are so pround of her design ;). Without doupt, the best CAS out of this batch. Hell, even inspires me to try creating my own cat lady :D.

You sir, have earned my respect for you as a skilled CAS-artist ;). I will be watching you closely, can´t wait to see what you will come up with next :).

Btw, If you have time, you can check out my CAS-creations in my thread if you like :).

Last edited:
Rensa is beautiful, you use like, alooot of patterns and stuff but it works so well, they go together splendidly
The tiger stripes on feathers is a particularly genius idea, makes them look like the striated white and brown feathers that you see on a lot of birds, its a really nice detail
The color palette i think is what helps pull all those patterns and busy information into harmony- the white, dark red, and yellow add just enough variation to keep it interesting and colorful while also separating into distinct color areas
Overall, nice work as always :-)

Thank you guys for the feedback :) In particular, I was afraid Rensa looked a bit too "busy" with the various patterns and high-detail equipment, but I'm glad to see she's well-received.
I also forgot to add, I owe @VILARCANE a little credit (in a round-about sort of way) for Rensa's nose. He's made suggestions in the past to use a moon-sticker for feline noses, and while that didn't work out so well for me, I thought "Okay, let's try the moon ExEq then?" (too big, didn't fit) - "Well... what about... oh, the single horn! There we go!" I've since reused the same technique on another feline CaS, but I just can't get her design right this time around - still too many missing bits from SCV.

Hell, even inspires me to try creating my own cat lady :D.
Btw, If you have time, you can check out my CAS-creations in my thread if you like :).
I lurk now and then, and have indeed looked at your own CAS - you've certainly got a penchant for large women ;) I've little in the way of feedback to offer there, but rest assured that if you do happen to try your hand at a feline of your own, I will almost certainly have something to say about her!

Thank you guys for the feedback :) In particular, I was afraid Rensa looked a bit too "busy" with the various patterns and high-detail equipment, but I'm glad to see she's well-received.
I also forgot to add, I owe @VILARCANE a little credit (in a round-about sort of way) for Rensa's nose. He's made suggestions in the past to use a moon-sticker for feline noses, and while that didn't work out so well for me, I thought "Okay, let's try the moon ExEq then?" (too big, didn't fit) - "Well... what about... oh, the single horn! There we go!" I've since reused the same technique on another feline CaS, but I just can't get her design right this time around - still too many missing bits from SCV.

I lurk now and then, and have indeed looked at your own CAS - you've certainly got a penchant for large women ;) I've little in the way of feedback to offer there, but rest assured that if you do happen to try your hand at a feline of your own, I will almost certainly have something to say about her!

Oh hoh, so Vilarcane had his part when you were developping Rensa? Why am I not suprised XD? Anyway, the same thing kinda happens to me as well when I try out different ExEq and options as I want to realize some vision or an idea, not to mention how similiarily I get those "Heureka!" moments as well :). And yeah, SC6s amount of different equipment options kind of pales compared to the SC5 equipment possibilities.

Thanks for checking my CAS. Heh, what can I say about my penchant XD? A little bit similiar to you having penchant for cats isn´t it XD? I hope of course that you don´t mind mine as a bad or offensive thing XD. As for my own feline attempt, oh I´m most eagerly looking forward to what you will have to say about her then XD.

Single horn for cat nose hey, not bad, and dat tail is friggin' purrrrfect, meow !
Love her, but I cat say much more that's not already been said by our new expert reviewer XD

Single horn for cat nose hey, not bad, and dat tail is friggin' purrrrfect, meow !
Love her, but I cat say much more that's not already been said by our new expert reviewer XD

Heh, thanks Vilarcane ;)! There was just so much to say about Kieves most well done creations XD.

Flame Atronach. Wowza.

I don't know much about Elder Scrolls, so I don't have anything to say about it as a recreation, but it's a great CaS in and of itself. I'm a big fan of elemental-type characters, whose physical embodiments are made of natural phenomena, but I find them technically challenging to make in CaS as you often have to think out-of-the-box in terms choosing parts that make for a convincing CaS. In this case, fire elementals need to be shiny and radiant, which the shapeshifter's skin texture lends itself well to. All that was left is to slap a fire sticker on to it, color everything appropriately, and you have an elegantly-done fire elemental. Great work!

Back