Switching main.

flask

[09] Warrior
I´ve been thinking about switching my main Yoshi, to someone else. Would really like some input.
I´m leaning towards either Kilik, Cassandra or Amy.
I really want a character that can force mix-ups on the opponent, and make them react to what i do.
Make them think i´m going to do one thing, then doing another.

Not sure how right I am about this, but here´s what I´m guessing:

Amy: S tier. Powerful 50/50?

Cassandra: Pretty straight forward, safe, and relies a lot on punishing and capitalizing on the opponents mistakes.

Kilik: Same as Cass, but without the relying on punishment part?

Any advice or other suggestions and input would be awesome. Thanks!

For my part, I've always been frustrated by Siegfried. I'm thrown off so often by how his moves can be very quick from stances, and he's got powerful options everywhere. The character even helps throw things off by moving contrary to how the attack ends up.

thanks for the input, guys! if i´m going to start tier-whore´ing, i´m going to do it properly. :]
i guess it will Amy.

also...one thing to consider...is do you plan to be playing on or offline more? i use both cassy and amy, and while i like cassy more, know her better, and am definitely better with her, i feel as if online cripples her very bad; to the point that i feel i cannot often win without straight up playing cheap (ie abusing lag)

that said amy gets hella boosted online. so if you want a fun character, go cassy of kilik. if you want to win online without playing like an ass, go amy.

lobo, thanks man, that´s a really valid point. since the offline scene is pretty dead in sweden, i´ll be doing a lot of playing online.
but 2A+B/33B mix-ups works just as good offline, right? :]

Kilik is a powerhouse, great thows, aGI, invisible + safe lows, good post-GI damage. I also don't see how Amy is that much boosted online. She's very boring to play though, unless you find knocking down the opp and applying 2B+K/33B mixup exciting. I'd avoid Cass, it's hard to play her online without abusing lag, she's like Taki. If you want to constantly force mix-ups on the opponent, you can also go with Mitsu =p

Kilik is a powerhouse, great thows, aGI, invisible + safe lows, good post-GI damage.

Couldn't agree more.

The last time we played, you showed the most potential with Kilik.

Just ignore what the Ring said about Mitsurugi :P

I'd say Amy if you're really goin for the 50/50. Cass is really good but she's more punishment game imo. And kiliks just a different beast all together.

All 3 are amazing though.

if your gonna switch from yoshi to another character go with mitsu your transition wouldnt be that hard cuz they both use swords and have similar moves unless you want to completely start from scratch

Flask, which character are you more comfortable with?
Do you prefer attacking as Kilik? Amy? Or Cassy?
Kilik is power all around. But, he isn't as fast. But he's got the tools to punish.
Amy is flat out speed. And she's safe. But, she lacks range.
Cassy is a balanced character. She can be deadly because she's balanced lol.
But in the end, whatever floats your boat on what you prefer.
Imho, I'd pick one that "clicks" if I were you.
Or pick them all lol.

Ring, are you just saying that because Kilik is easier for Ivy to deal with? ;p
just kidding, thanks for the input mate.

Tsub! Long time, man. aye, i´ll probably go with the stick-man.

thank you for the help, guys.

if your gonna switch from yoshi to another character go with mitsu your transition wouldnt be that hard cuz they both use swords and have similar moves unless you want to completely start from scratch

I knew there would be a golden post in here.

Of course your transition would be easier, they both use swords, not buttons on a controller...

Oh btw... Amy and Cass?

Yeah, swords.

Back