[Sydney, Australia] Version 4.0

@ShatterICE: No more back dash spam for NM LOL. Also, you should be aware that agA can no longer be buffered into side step or back dash. If you try, he will just twitch and A cancel. You need to wait for the step animation to finish. That kind of sucks given that I've been step into iagA since SC4...

@Zuzu: I was reading the post discussing that. LOL. Seriously, you'd think they would test that. How are the Tira changes? I don't know her well enough to say.

@Runis: And in other news, Namco decided to patch out Raph's only decent combo... one that required meter as well. LOl. Sorry, I'm just still really salty about Raph given that he's done absolutely nothing to deserve the changes he got. For crying out loud, Raph was already a joke, now it's so bad that it's not even funny. Also, can I assume that you are sand bagging the doom combo for Melbourne?

It will never pop out if I'm on camera.
Otherwise expect doom shenanigans. The thing is hard as fuck though.

@Runis: That's cool. There is a tournament coming up so you need to keep a lid on some of your new tech. On another note, I've done some testing with Lex... man, the changes look pretty annoying on paper, but in practice they really hurt. The change to Sieg's 2A+B actually seems to have made it whiff less at mid-range, which is good and at least now I know it won't ever hit at very close range.

I am going to pass this Sat gathering, got plenty of work to do this weekend. But hopefully we can still have some online session,I just picked up my 360's adapter.

My tag: Fiendchi US

Leixia doesn`t affected by 1.02 patch much. Obviously, the nerf for the WSB series make Lei`s player could not spam it like before. WSB BE combo do 58 damge now, which is around 80 before. The 22K can`t knock down in the NH, but after hit, it is 0 frame for both player, that is still a mind game.

The patch nerf the spam moves from MAXI, XIBA, LEIXA & NATSU, which is good. But nerf the characters, ex Tira, RAP, SIEG, which are not earn the positions in any match, that is BS.

@Forest: Lex's 6KK no longer forces crouching on block - that's actually surprisingly bad against certain characters. It's also pretty big that her 6KK and 33BB no longer cause guard burst. That said, all the griping about 22K being neutral puzzles me. Obviously, I liked it better when it knocked down, but neutral on hit is still good for Lex because she is faster than most characters and can always threaten with 44B and 4A+B if people just spam something out. Also, rather than doing WS B BE BT B+K 3B, I am messing around with WS B BE BT B+K 1B. It leaves them at your feet with you in FC, so you can try for some WS shenanigans.

Also, are you going this Saturday?

@LGInfinite Although 6KK can not forces crouching anymore oh hit, it still hit around +8. The patch list yells "nerf the guard burst damage" things, mean this moves will take more 3~4 hit to empty the guard bar, but will not cause guard burst. Guard burst strategy is the big part of Leixia`s game, but the nerf is acceptable. Because, a lot of her moves are still less 10 to cause guard burst. 1B in the end of the launch combos sounds nice, I will try it in the Saturady party.

See your guys in Saturday!

Might join you again for sat, bringing a new main with a 50~% chance of iMCF.

That's 50% more than me. One day you will teach me.

Really annoyed can't make this session on Saturday.

Runis: If you come anything short of first, I for one will be sad. All the best man.

as if maxi has spam moves, everything he does is unsafe. if you got hit by the spammage, it's your fault lol.

the patch is so gay though... fuck this game.

@boogerflicker: I actually happen to agree with you on this one. Although Maxi's damage was on the high side, once you learned how to respond to his stance shifts properly, the match ups became much more even. A lot of the time when I see people get hit, it's because they don't respect the inbuilt evasion that a lot of his better moves have. A bit of a damage reduction would have been fine, if you ask me, but they basically went nuclear on him.

@FaYd: Don't worry, I'm sure we'll have more sessions. I really need to spend more time on Yoshi, because at the moment I'm just abusing his DF mix ups.

Runis`s new combo and matchups are awesome; Zeppetto 50%+ IMCF is cool and powerful; and LG`s Rapheal space game is incredible. Rapheal is Die Hard! ShatterICE`s NM still rock and aggressive. So much mind-games and fun today. Thank you, guys!

Good luck for the tournament, Runis! And thanks to the pizzas.

GG today...Im totally exhaust.
I finally can got few rounds from LG. Wonderful LOL
Wish your get the championship runis..

Back