[Sydney, Australia] Version 4.0

Did you record any matches.
I had chores to do today so i couldnt go.
I got the chance to play against Fiend online and thats enough for me lol.

Goodluck in Melbourne Runis!
Beware of Alex and Viper.

Great games today, guys.

@ShatterICE: LOL. Don't celebrate too hard... Raph isn't exactly the best character any more. J/K. You played really well today and your NM has come a long way. One of these days I'm going to have to give you a NM mirror match, heck one of these days, I should probably actually play NM given that he's supposed to be my main. Just be careful against Pat, because he can whiff punish pretty well and once he gets close to you, it can be almost impossible to get rid of him. I think you're at that stage now where rather than just working on your NM knowledge, you should start looking at match up specific knowledge.

@Forest: Great games. Your Lex is as solid as ever and even with the improvements I've made to my Pat, it's still quite a struggle. I'm glad you thought my Raph was okay - it takes about a billion times more effort to play him than some of the other characters. Heck, look at Asta... one command grab is like two Raph combos... that's the definition of depressing. Your Xiba is really solid too, but man... the patch makes Asta pretty good, especially now that 4B actually hits forward for a decent distance.

@Runis: Great games. Honestly, there were a few rounds there where I got used to starting at 60% health. Once you get all those combos down it's definitely going to be scary. Best of luck in Melbourne... kick ass and take names.

ZUZU: GGs tonight, that Tira Auto-gi/Revenge move you were doing was hella fun to watch specially when u GIed lizardman's 6B BE lol .Still need more time work on my ZWEI ,this guy is lacking few tools in order to make it a "decent" character ~__~ hopefully I can find a way.

BTW who is that NZL guy named "tetraga mcs" on live with 4000ish online matches ? He seems pretty strong and keep owning my ass QQ

Yeah that auto-gi can build enormous meter depending on the move. Against ivy's 22(B)BBB it builds around 1.5 meter.
But yeah Tira got hit hard on the patch but im dealing with it the best i can. Im sick of the whinging in the Tira SA though.

Yeah tetraga plays the game a lot. Im not going lie he would be a hard person to beat offline. Then again the lag is sometimes bad for me.

ZUZU: GGs tonight, that Tira Auto-gi/Revenge move you were doing was hella fun to watch specially when u GIed lizardman's 6B BE lol .Still need more time work on my ZWEI ,this guy is lacking few tools in order to make it a "decent" character ~__~ hopefully I can find a way.

BTW who is that NZL guy named "tetraga mcs" on live with 4000ish online matches ? He seems pretty strong and keep owning my ass QQ

He's from Singapore I think. He's pretty beast if he's the guy im thinking of.

GGs everyone, sorry I had to leave early... had stuff to do.
Good luck runis at melb win it for sydney.

dude....I like not carefully put a black tripod bag in you bag...
sorry about this...but plz chech it....lol

Probably not me since I don't bring bags :sc1yos1:

Heh, I just played some Ezio.

You know I think the Brave Edge system is an allusion to today's retail market and the DLC loaded aftermarket.
I mean, take a character like Ezio.
His moves are so much better when you use the BE version. Why not make it a counter-hit auto follow up? why not give him good frames on his attacks? Because they're saving it so that you have to use BE meter to make it good. Just like DLCs.
Why should we give you a complete game when we can penny and dime you throughout the game's lifespan?
Why make a good character when we can FORCE you to use BE to make him decent?
Yeah...you guys think about that.

Heh, I just played some Ezio.

You know I think the Brave Edge system is an allusion to today's retail market and the DLC loaded aftermarket.
I mean, take a character like Ezio.
His moves are so much better when you use the BE version. Why not make it a counter-hit auto follow up? why not give him good frames on his attacks? Because they're saving it so that you have to use BE meter to make it good. Just like DLCs.
Why should we give you a complete game when we can penny and dime you throughout the game's lifespan?
Why make a good character when we can FORCE you to use BE to make him decent?
Yeah...you guys think about that.

I think he's actually quite strong. Im thinking of picking him up later in the game's future :D

@Bailey: Ezio does seem interesting. I haven't settled on the next character I want to learn, but he's definitely up there.

@ShatterICE: Did you find your tripod bag? Man... I miss the days when NM vs Raph wasn't that hideous a match up for Raph. Now, whenever I pick Raph, I kind of feel like I'm bringing a knife to a gun fight. Even though Pat's range is abysmal compared to Raph, I still think he has an easier time of things against NM simply because he actually does real damage. For example, his 66B 66B+K 66AB+K combo does a stack of damage for something that doesn't use meter.

What other matches did you record? And if you have any of Runis's Hilde, you might want to wait until after the tourney in Melbourne to put those up.

@Ring: Yeah, he still does. At the moment, he's in Hong Kong. Hopefully, he's gotten in touch with some of the guys there, but I'm not sure. Last I checked, he was still playing Ivy, but he was somewhat less than impressed by the changes they made to her design.

@Boogerflicker: Try Clement and Forest. I'm busy tomorrow, but I think they might be free. Are you back in Sydney, if so, until when?

If no one holds a session I could, but beware that I live at Carlingford(5 mins walk distance to station tho).....
Since my landlord won't be back in 2 weeks I have one TV can spare,one monitor without speaker -_- and of course my xbox360 with 2 joysticks and 2 pads.

LG VS Shatter Ice

LG VS Forest Noir

dam adsl so slow....keep upload...lol
video

I should write an LG type of post describing how you should approach this match-up because you are approaching the Raph match-up wrongly imo.

And for God's sake please break B.

66B is +2 on block so hit him with a frame trap or step trap. There is no point to A+B imho after this and it is too risky. Unless you opponent does AA post 66B, A+B is too big of a risk. I normally use A+B in specific stance situations, when my opponent is pitbulling (attacking on disadvantage, risky though), as part of an A+B trap or on minor positive frames.

You are not blocking enough. And LG was punishing you for it. You were way to aggressive with NM and not in a good way. Nightmare will lose the fastest frame battle almost everytime so poking out randomly does not work as well as we would like it to. So step more, space more and block more. Don't attack with 3AA every single round opening. LG recognizes this and punishes you for it everytime. Sometimes, the best opening is to block or to step back, forward, to the side. The only time i use 3AA now as a round opener is when I predict my opponent is going to run forward and mix me up immediately. 3AA will beat this.

Nightmare is the king of space control in this game but you were losing the spacing war rather badly to LG. Learn to use QS against Raph. Though you were hitting him with a lot of 22B, you were not maximising your step whiff punish opportunities. 3 ( B ) NSS ibA is vastly superior. If he is too far away for that combo, 33B G 2A+B, 1B, 1A GS K BE and/or FC 3B should be other forms of punish.

That's all for now but ill give you more after some Raph research.

Back