T6BR tier list

the current BR release is what is coming to console, AFAIK. but it's just called Tekken 6.

B! stands for bound, which is the juggle extension mechanic. it guarantees a free hit (typically to continue the juggle), but you can eventually tech out of it if your opponent takes too long. one B! per juggle, and the later you use it, the fewer the hits or the shorter the juggle is afterwards. i'm not sure how/if it affects damage scaling.

and universal low parry now puts you in B! immediately, indirectly making low parries weaker than before (not sure about the reward in TTT's low parry system, but in DR gave most characters a full juggle)

So is BR what we are getting on the console or are we getting something different? Arent there a few new characters that arent on teh BR version?

BR's the latest release.

What is B! or i think bound position. This seems like the main position people are kept in when adding on to juggles. Is it possible to tech out of bound position?

XLCowBoy said:
Well, the juggles have been nerfed hardcore without walls. The best damage you can get (e.g. 50% or more without special stage breaks) would require you to be in rage, nail a CH launcher, do bound, high wall splat, and a wall impact move.

If you're able to get a floor break after already doing a bound move, consider yourself very lucky. Same thing if you're able to do a post-bound wall shatter (wall splat that causes the wall to break, leaving your opponent stunned and open for a few extra hits, without worrying about the 3-hits-only wall limit).

---

Just to clear a few things:

Default: Bound can't be done twice in a combo. "Double" bound only happens if you manage a floor break AFTER you've done a bound move.
Default: Wall splat can only be done once on a wall. However, if you're able to re-carry the opponent to another wall, it's possible to get another (side) wall splat. Is it possible to do 3 wall splats in one combo via 3 different walls? Maybe, but I AFAIK, nobody knows yet, and the stages aren't exactly setup to allow for that to happen (although somebody might just be able to pull it off on a combo vid).
Default: After a wall splat, the rule of thumb is that you're given a window that allows for 3 more hits, depending on the speed. Speed-wise, think Paul's d4,2:1+2 (All 3 hits will connect). Rapid-hitting mid attacks (such as Steve's hundred punches) will net you more hits however, but not all characters have those moves. Likewise, you won't have the time to connect 3 slow but powerful attacks post-wall splat. Maybe 2 at most.
Default: AFAIK, Air-throws in combos do not scale. Which explains why King can be extremely dangerous: e.g. CH FC~df2, db2 B!, df4,3, 1, f221, df1,2 W!, iSW = the iSW's damage will still be at full power.

XLcowboy, how much does T5DR carry over to T6BR? I'm learning a lot of T5DR moves + combos with the characters, but are the combos + mixups drastically different in T6BR?

I'm wondering if I should start practicing and using the T6BR combos in T5DR now in online matches...that would probably nerf my damage output like crazy haha

XLcowboy, how much does T5DR carry over to T6BR? I'm learning a lot of T5DR moves + combos with the characters, but are the combos + mixups drastically different in T6BR?

I'm wondering if I should start practicing and using the T6BR combos in T5DR now in online matches...that would probably nerf my damage output like crazy haha

Tbh, the size of the gap depends on your character. When I practice on DR, I look at mastering techniques (such as iSW, CD cancelling, JF's, etc.) and improving my SS game more than the combos, because the SS in BR is different, thanks to the improved hitboxes, and because the combos in BR have been changed a bit.

Re:SS - generally speaking, bigs have shitty SS, big-mids (King), have slightly better SS, mids have the standard SS, while smalls have darn good SS. (Also, the sizes aren't a height thing - it's a width issue)

Oh cool, and which characters do you think have the biggest gap and which ones have the smallest? That'll help me when I'm playing T5DR not to abuse stuff that's no longer in T6 anymore. Thanks for the info.

Oh cool, and which characters do you think have the biggest gap and which ones have the smallest? That'll help me when I'm playing T5DR not to abuse stuff that's no longer in T6 anymore. Thanks for the info.

Off the top of my head (these are just the characters I'm somewhat familiar enough with):

Beefed from DR
Law
Ganryu
Bruce
Baek
Jack (IMO)
Asuka (IMO)
A.King
King
Feng (IMO)
Hei (IMO)
Julia
Paul
Eddy (IMO)

Off the top of my head (these are just the characters I'm somewhat familiar enough with):

Beefed from DR
Law
Ganryu
Bruce
Baek
Jack (IMO)
Asuka (IMO)
A.King
King
Feng (IMO)
Hei (IMO)
Julia
Paul
Eddy (IMO)

So how does the "bound" type combos and other changes change the game?

The last Tekken I really played was 4 which was very much poke and evade heave. Before that was 3 and tag. As I watch vids it seems like every combo's goal is to carry to the wall with jabs and what not to deal good damage. I have to say, that I dont like how that looks, seems like it would take some of the strategy out of the game and make it focus greatly on combo execution and pop up's as opposed to pressuring, timing, and spacing. I mean uppercuts and hop kicks should not be able to arbitrarily lead to 50% combos on every occasion. then again those things all still will be important.

Also a lot of the newer characters seem a little meh to me. Lili's fighting style looks ridiculous, Lars looks ridiculous all togethor. Miguel's style seems bland, Bob looks... well ridiculous. Im becoming redundant but you get the point. I will still buy and I cant wait to get online as Tekken is my all time fav but I need to know how much different 6 is from 4. I was in a minority that loved 4.

So how does the "bound" type combos and other changes change the game?

Bounds are essentially just extenders, but when/why/which to do depends on the situation.

The last Tekken I really played was 4 which was very much poke and evade heave. Before that was 3 and tag. As I watch vids it seems like every combo's goal is to carry to the wall with jabs and what not to deal good damage. I have to say, that I dont like how that looks, seems like it would take some of the strategy out of the game and make it focus greatly on combo execution and pop up's as opposed to pressuring, timing, and spacing. I mean uppercuts and hop kicks should not be able to arbitrarily lead to 50% combos on every occasion. then again those things all still will be important.

You'll be lucky to get 50% without any wall or a CH. They've nerfed damage considerably, so nailing a CH hit (non-juggle/non-launcher) can net you significant damage. IIRC, MYKjamgi (TZ mod) that mentioned that Bryan's mach breaker on CH can net you around the equivalent of a post-low parry combo. It's not that stand alone moves got beefed - just combos got nerfed, which leads to the question:

You ask yourself: do I try to take them to the wall for some extra wall damage, and corner pressure? Or do I drop them in front for a chance to apply oki which "resets" the juggle (thus leading to another B!). I might have decided to go for a reset, and the opponent successfully defends, then I lose the small extra guaranteed damage I may have gotten if I chose to take him to the wall instead.

The other benefit to "taking them to the wall" is the opportunity for a move which gives you a W! (wall splat). Your wall options are major reasons why you need to know each stage very well. Knowing which of your moves can net you a high wall splat from halfway across the stage could spell the difference of the match.

In a non-walled stage, you lose the choice of being able to take the opponent to the wall, but you're given slightly more spacing options.

Also a lot of the newer characters seem a little meh to me. Lili's fighting style looks ridiculous, Lars looks ridiculous all togethor. Miguel's style seems bland, Bob looks... well ridiculous. Im becoming redundant but you get the point. I will still buy and I cant wait to get online as Tekken is my all time fav but I need to know how much different 6 is from 4. I was in a minority that loved 4.

T6 (BR) is more of an evolution of DR than T4 tbh.

Of the 6 new characters, how would you rank them in order from most difficult to learn to least? I'm guessing Bob would be the least difficult from what I've heard, but I'm not sure how the other characters play.

Do any of the new characters have similarities to the old characters? For example, in T5DR Wang <-> Julia, King <-> Armor King, Mishimas, Anna <-> Nina, etc. Thanks for the help man.

Do any of the new characters have similarities to the old characters? For example, in T5DR Wang <-> Julia, King <-> Armor King, Mishimas, Anna <-> Nina, etc. Thanks for the help man.

Wang =/= Julia anymore.

But Leo <-> Julia wouldn't be an unrealistic comparison.
Lars <-> Nobody. Although he's similar in some aspects to Bryan, Lars' spacing game is very new.
Alisa <-> Nobody. Although Jin crossed with Yoshimitsu would be a light-hearted way of comparing.
Bob <-> Mishima. Think D.Jin almost.
Miguel <-> Like a mix between Bruce and... Ganryu?
Zafina <-> Nobody. Weird cat-like moves. Actually, come to think of it... like Dr.B back in the day.

Wow Bob like a Mishima? Haha, fat dude with wavedash = automatic must learn. Now he just has to shoot burger lasers and have an EWGF with french fry sparkles and he would be the greatest character ever.

I had the impression Zafina would be like Eddy/Christie cause of her on the ground moves, but Dr. B makes sense. Lars looks badass and Alisa looks hella fun. I'm looking forward to learning the rest as well.

Wang =/= Julia anymore.

But Leo <-> Julia wouldn't be an unrealistic comparison.
Lars <-> Nobody. Although he's similar in some aspects to Bryan, Lars' spacing game is very new.
Alisa <-> Nobody. Although Jin crossed with Yoshimitsu would be a light-hearted way of comparing.
Bob <-> Mishima. Think D.Jin almost.
Miguel <-> Like a mix between Bruce and... Ganryu?
Zafina <-> Nobody. Weird cat-like moves. Actually, come to think of it... like Dr.B back in the day.

I've been watching the videos and overall I cant wait for the game, but the newer elements are turning me off.
Out of all the characters Zafina does look interestingly weird in her movements. It almost reminds me of Monkey Kung fu, i think its loosely based off of that.

Leo, Miguel, and Lars all seem very boring as a whole. Thier characters seem generic/cliche and their fighting styles don’t stand out in any way. Tekken 4-5 did much better jobs of adding varied interesting characters with Marduk, Steve, Raven, and Feng. If you look at almost every tekken character, there is a great sense of variance amongst all of them. These recent ones as far as I can tell kinda break that mold. In a bad way

And bob... I mean its just silly, and the fact that he is top tier by all accounts really annoys me. I guess I can respect that he is unique as a character in the realm of fighting games. But it just looks wrong. Naming him "Bob "does even more to show that this was a joke Idea that somehow made it through the editing process.

The Alisa character seems interesting but it just seems like Tekken is straying a bit too far from its roots, We already have a robot. Im supposed to believe that she is fighting with saws, is this Soul Calibur now? Whats with these "item" moves. I havent played or seen them so I dont know what its about, Im sure its not to game altering, but the idea of being shot by a shotgun in a Tekken game sounds wrong.

The bound position thing seems a bit silly too. As I watch the videos, some of the attacks that his bound players dont make sense at all. how are clear mids picking people up off the ground? How are people left jabing guys all the way over to the wall? That doesn’t make any sense either.

between this whole Bound position element, the "Items" and some of these characters i have to say I am less excited about the game as a whole. But I havent played it, I hope and assume that I will be pleasantly surprised by the things I find un appealing.

I've been watching the videos and overall I cant wait for the game, but the newer elements are turning me off.
Out of all the characters Zafina does look interestingly weird in her movements. It almost reminds me of Monkey Kung fu, i think its loosely based off of that.

Leo, Miguel, and Lars all seem very boring as a whole. Thier characters seem generic/cliche and their fighting styles don’t stand out in any way. Tekken 4-5 did much better jobs of adding varied interesting characters with Marduk, Steve, Raven, and Feng. If you look at almost every tekken character, there is a great sense of variance amongst all of them. These recent ones as far as I can tell kinda break that mold. In a bad way

I can't comment much on Leo, as I don't use him/her/it. Miguel I did - very pitbull-ish character. He's fun to play, Trust me.

Lars is... very different. He's nearly about as odd as Steve when he appeared in T4. Lars has a spacing game that is similar, in a sense, to saying that Lei has a mix-up game. It's unusual.

And bob... I mean its just silly, and the fact that he is top tier by all accounts really annoys me. I guess I can respect that he is unique as a character in the realm of fighting games. But it just looks wrong. Naming him "Bob "does even more to show that this was a joke Idea that somehow made it through the editing process.

Apparently his full name is Robert Richards (confirmed). He's like a "torpedo" SF fighter remade into 3D. You get the feeling you're playing somebody Blanka/Honda/Bison-ish, but with all the right Tekken-friendly tools.

He also has a wavedash. :sc2hei1:

The Alisa character seems interesting but it just seems like Tekken is straying a bit too far from its roots, We already have a robot. Im supposed to believe that she is fighting with saws, is this Soul Calibur now? Whats with these "item" moves. I havent played or seen them so I dont know what its about, Im sure its not to game altering, but the idea of being shot by a shotgun in a Tekken game sounds wrong.

Uhhh... what roots? T1 had Devil with a laser beam. Jack the vertical flying cyborg was already in T1. Then there's Yoshi's teleport (T2 IIRC), and a host of other things. Tekken's always been an OTT 3D fighter.

The bound position thing seems a bit silly too. As I watch the videos, some of the attacks that his bound players dont make sense at all. how are clear mids picking people up off the ground? How are people left jabing guys all the way over to the wall? That doesn’t make any sense either.

Jab carries have been the norm since T4. Nothing new there. As I mentioned, the bound moves are essentially extenders - any move that's quick enough will connect - high, mid, or low. It's rather addicting though. There is a sense of having 3 parts to the combo: the initial juggle hits, the bound move, then what you can pull off post-bound. The damage scaling is such that you really can't get 50% without a wall or CH anyway, so it's really a "style" thing (and "stylish" combos have been around since TTT, so again, this is just an evolution).

Also, I failed to mention that some bound moves can catch tech rollers, and placing them in bound. This benefits (and balances) characters that don't really have crazy good oki, like King (his db2 elbow hammer will hit a backroller, bound, and then he can do a spinning powerbomb).

between this whole Bound position element, the "Items" and some of these characters i have to say I am less excited about the game as a whole. But I havent played it, I hope and assume that I will be pleasantly surprised by the things I find un appealing.

Item moves are taunts. Nothing more. Think SF3 Shaun's basketball taunt. They're slow as hell, do very little damage, and are easily avoided. Although it's good for a laugh if you think you can catch your opponent sleeping (e.g. they're on their last bit of life, and are running away thinking there's nothing you can do to catch them, and then you slowly pull out your gun, and shoot.) I've won twice this way, and the looks on their faces are priceless.

Hell, I've seen a Kuma vs Asuka match wherein Kuma whiffs the roll, and the Asuka player wins via archery shot to the back. Samurai 1, Mammal 0.

The game is top tier, believe me. Balanced and fun, and the fights are BS-free. Gone are all the T4 Jin unblockable laser scraper, 21 abuse-type moves. Zafina is pretty much the weakest character, but people still take her to tourneys, so even then, it's not that bad.

I can't comment much on Leo, as I don't use him/her/it. Miguel I did - very pitbull-ish character. He's fun to play, Trust me.

Lars is... very different. He's nearly about as odd as Steve when he appeared in T4. Lars has a spacing game that is similar, in a sense, to saying that Lei has a mix-up game. It's unusual.

Apparently his full name is Robert Richards (confirmed). He's like a "torpedo" SF fighter remade into 3D. You get the feeling you're playing somebody Blanka/Honda/Bison-ish, but with all the right Tekken-friendly tools.

He also has a wavedash. :sc2hei1:

Uhhh... what roots? T1 had Devil with a laser beam. Jack the vertical flying cyborg was already in T1. Then there's Yoshi's teleport (T2 IIRC), and a host of other things. Tekken's always been an OTT 3D fighter.

Jab carries have been the norm since T4. Nothing new there. As I mentioned, the bound moves are essentially extenders - any move that's quick enough will connect - high, mid, or low. It's rather addicting though. There is a sense of having 3 parts to the combo: the initial juggle hits, the bound move, then what you can pull off post-bound. The damage scaling is such that you really can't get 50% without a wall or CH anyway, so it's really a "style" thing (and "stylish" combos have been around since TTT, so again, this is just an evolution).

Also, I failed to mention that some bound moves can catch tech rollers, and placing them in bound. This benefits (and balances) characters that don't really have crazy good oki, like King (his db2 elbow hammer will hit a backroller, bound, and then he can do a spinning powerbomb).

Item moves are taunts. Nothing more. Think SF3 Shaun's basketball taunt. They're slow as hell, do very little damage, and are easily avoided. Although it's good for a laugh if you think you can catch your opponent sleeping (e.g. they're on their last bit of life, and are running away thinking there's nothing you can do to catch them, and then you slowly pull out your gun, and shoot.) I've won twice this way, and the looks on their faces are priceless.

Hell, I've seen a Kuma vs Asuka match wherein Kuma whiffs the roll, and the Asuka player wins via archery shot to the back. Samurai 1, Mammal 0.

The game is top tier, believe me. Balanced and fun, and the fights are BS-free. Gone are all the T4 Jin unblockable laser scraper, 21 abuse-type moves. Zafina is pretty much the weakest character, but people still take her to tourneys, so even then, it's not that bad.

well I am happy to hear that the game still holds up and even happier to hear that its balanced. I know that when it comes out I will adjust to knew portions and love it. ANd yeah I guess Tekken has always been OTT, but it always somehow never felt like it. Even when Jack was picking people up and folding them in half in Tekken Tag you felt like you were dealing with a realistic fighter. But either way the 27th cant come fast enough

The bound extender is probably my favorite new addition cause it already looks addicting to me without even playing.

I wouldn't mind if they spiced up the combo system in future editions b/c I think it really evolves the game style and can beef game mechanics (like catching tech with a bound into combo like you said).

How hard is iSW now? Is the timing much different in combos than it was in DR? Did they give King any new multi-throws? I am under the impression they didn't, but I wish they did.

iSW is still the same. So iSW on practice on DR will translate over to console.

I think he gets multi-throw tweaks, but not much IIRC. He gets more effective single throws, and his strikes have been beefed (his old df4 can now be chained into his df3, so he effectively has a low, mid string). He has a choke slam wherein you can direct where King will throw the opponent. This means that even if his side is to the wall, he can throw the opponent TO the wall for a wall splat.

Also, King can do an air throw off a wall splat. So u+1+2~direction (chokeslam), W!, db2 (elbow hammer), B!, iSW (running powerbomb) is a definite.

Bumping this thread out of HYPE. How many weeks left? Have you pre-ordered?

Have you seen the 1up game night with Qdogg and Renzo?

Part 1: http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/26694
Part 2: http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/26695
Part 3: http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/26696

----

List of item moves for your perusal:

Originally posted by TVHead
taken from http://www.sunlightyellow.com/tekken6/information.html if anyone was wondering.

Stumbled upon this thread after i made the other :confused:
This is a direct translation of the names of the items in Japanese, so chances are they're different from what you would see but I think it helps get the idea across.

Anna Williams: Nurse Shoes - 1+4 kicks heel, mid hit

Armor King: Nail Bat - f+2+3 hits with bat, unblockable

Asuka Kazama: Paper Fan - d+1+2 hits with fan, can cause B!

Baek Doo san: Beret - 1+2+3 Throws an unblockable bomb(?)

Bob: Silk Hat - 1+4 Birds fly out of the silk hat

Bruce Irving: Red Mohawk - 2+3+4 spawns chicks

Bryan Fury: Shotgun - 2+3 shoots gun, unblockable

Christie Monteiro: Fantasia feather decoration (?) - 2+3+4 dances

Craig Marduk: Demon club (?) - f+2+3 attacks with club, unblockable

Devil Jin: Manji (demon?) face - new skin for lazer

Dragunov: Tear gas bomb - 1+2+3 throws the bomb (taunt?)

Eddy Gordo: Soulful afro - 2+3+4 dances

Feng Wei: shaved head/monk (?) - d/f+1+2 , qcf+1+2 head shines (bing!)

Ganryu: Kabuki make-up - d/b+1+2, 1+2 blows fire, unblockable

Heihachi Mishimathunder?) drum - 1+2+4 summons thunder, unblockable

Hwoarang: pheromone hair (ill let y'all figure it out) - 1+2+3 kicks soccer ball, mid hit

Jin Kazama: Demon Face - u+1+2 shoots lazer, unblockable

Jack 6: Jack Cannon - 1+2+3 shoots cannon, unblockable

Julia Chang: Face Paint (any will do?)- 1+3+4 plants grow

Kazuya Mishima: Neo Sunglasses - u+1+2 shoots lazer, unblockable

King: Wrestling Trunks - d/b+1+2 new throw, break 1+2 (something else not sure)

Kuma: Salmon(?) - 2+3+4 throws fish, hits mid

Panda: sunglasses(?) - 2+3+4 throws bowling ball, hits mid

Lee Chaolan: Red Rose - 1+2+3 throws rose

Lei Wulong: Police Suit - 2+3 shoots gun, unblockable

Leo: Gun - 1+2+3 upward shot, unblockable

Lili: Headdress - d/b+1+2 new throw, break 1+2

Ling Xiaoyu: cat paws - b+2+3 new throw, break 2

Marshall Law: legendary nunchaku - 1+4, 1(2) swings nunchaku, unblockable

Miguel: pistol - 1+2+3 shoots gun, unblockable

Mokujin: butterfly - automatically used when in rage mode ass catches on fire

Nina Williams: Nurse outfit - 1+3+4 throws scalpel, unblockable

Paul Phoenix: Easter Head(?) - activated after holding down (2 sec) repeatable. hair extends

Raven: Traditional ninja pants - 1+2+3 throws smoke bomb at his own feet, holding up leads to blind vampire.

Roger Jr.: snorkel - 2+3+4 taunt

Steve Fox: 50s rocker hair - 1+3+4 taunt

Wang Jinrei: chinese hat(?) - face up on the ground 1+2, 1+2... rises from the ground, repeatable

Yoshimitsu: (blood/poison?) gun - 1+2+4 shoots 3 poison mists, unblockable

Zafina: scimitar - f+2+3 attacks with scimitar, unblockable

I preordered a week ago at shopto.net its the cheapest offer so far only £30.

I was just watching those vids cowboy. They weren't that bad but dunno why they had the health so low and they were probably playing more for fun seeing as they missed a load of combos and stuff lol.

Also just wondering in the tekken gosu vids do they have the hp set to 120%? In the game when you play online can you set how much hp you want and stuff?

Back