Taki Study Discussion:

Taki Study discussion:

She's difficult in that she requires a lot of guessing games to deal good damage, and those guessing games don't usually come with simple inputs... they tend to be long and/or require good timing.

You'll have to work for your victories, but they'll taste that much sweeter in the end.

Taki Study discussion:

She's difficult in that she requires a lot of guessing games to deal good damage, and those guessing games don't usually come with simple inputs... they tend to be long and/or require good timing.

You'll have to work for your victories, but they'll taste that much sweeter in the end.

yup...totally agree with you man!!! I just wish I could play like floe or halister...gotta play a lot then

Taki Study discussion:

Since the new 1.03 is coming I can't wait to know how the patch in general affects Taki. I read from the patch thread that it is harder to CF people now - so I guess it hurts Taki.

Taki Study discussion:

Even though I am aware that I am not likely to get soul crushes online as much as I don't use POB very much (I find it gets blocked or interrupted way too much, and my opponent, or I am dead before they can be Soul Crushed anyway, since it is rare that someone blocks a lot online) I don't expect it to impact Taki much at all.

I don't see any nerfs for her, and I do see a lot of nerfs for other characters, so if Taki is your main, I would effectively call that a buff.

Personally I think if they are going to try and balance the game they should try and optimize the buffering a little bit.

That being said, I can't find anyone online who uses Taki very well. If you do, and are up for some games on PSN, add me.

(my headset is broken though, I won't have a new one for a few more days)

Taki Study discussion:

Even though I am aware that I am not likely to get soul crushes online as much as I don't use POB very much (I find it gets blocked or interrupted way too much, and my opponent, or I am dead before they can be Soul Crushed anyway, since it is rare that someone blocks a lot online) I don't expect it to impact Taki much at all.

If your AB PO or 1BA PO strings gets blocked its very possible to interrupt her slow PO B. I suggest trying to pull PO B only on hit or after PO 8WR first. As for PO B being blocked, I don't mind let them block all the PO B they want...

Taki Study discussion:

Could someone put all the Taki move translations somewhere in the Taki Soul Arena? I would really appreciate it.

Like Possession Y = POB, etc.

Taki Study discussion:

NO

The terminology is PO B, not possession Y or whatever you want to call it. People can bind A,B,K or G to any button and so you saying Possession Y is useless in expressing anything.

Call the input "B" instead of Y because in the game, it's B... it just happens that when you hit the Y button a B will come out.

Please use the correct terminology. This is the last time I will ask you to do this before I start removing posts that continue to use X-box button names.

Taki Study discussion:

I think I talked to you about this before, G, but since there's that 33B, 6K tech trap (backwards/forwards tech correct?), 33B from what I remember tested was similar to this situation.

33B, 33B worked for me if they tried to tech forward/back iirc, so that's another option if they decide to tech in those directions.

Also for those FC 1A+B tech traps, I've been testing that with the other combos like:

PO 236B, WS K, 3bK PORC, 1BA, FC 1A+B...
CH WS K, 3bK PORC, 1BA, FC 1A+B... into 4A+BB, A+B, or k2.

Thing is, on mid-stage, FC 1A+B pushes too far out for any followups, so I pretty much use this for the little extra damage when these [long] combos push enough so that they're near a wall/edge and I'm right in their face.

Probably not something too useful since it's situational on positioning, but just throwing it out there for brainstorming.

-ASZ

Taki Study discussion:

yeah, the problem is that at mid screen, it pushes out too far for anything to tech catch well.

I tried it too... but range was too much of an issue

Taki Study discussion:

are you all PORCing after the 1BA? It works for me...though bombs for tech traps are kind of unreliable. 44K is good though. I don't mind wiffing the tech trap in that, being that I love being in BT with taki. 1A should be free regardless

Taki Study discussion:

after the 1BA in the long combo, I generally like k2 or a PO stand stun like PO A (which will always be in range in that combo)

Though I'm not 100% what you are referring to motempest

Taki Study discussion:

I agree with G. I usually like to k2 for the long combo after 1BA for the extra damage if they decide to tech. I'll use PO A or PO K depending on how well my opponent can shake the stun. Usually PO A over PO K if I'm ever given the choice.

I just wished taki had something better to use on walls. G, you should try again to see if you can replicate the last hit of 3KKK hitting post 44K. I tested this again, and it doesn't work on NM for some reason. Try picking VS another character like Taki and it'll work when 44K puts you SSR and up close. 3KK WR BBB is good off that 44K of course, I just found it weird that the last hit of 3KKK landed, with CH animation and all.

44K, 3KKK, w!, A6, A+B tech is nasty, I just wished it was less situational to actually be of any realistic use.

-ASZ

Taki Study discussion:

I was talking about PORC to close some distance for the poison dart setup. Hmm, never tried K2, sounds juicy.

Taki Study discussion:

it's about as juicy as freshly squeezed OJ

The problem with rushing in an darting is that if it combos, anything you do afterwards will do next to no damage. Hence why you have to go for a tech trap or something else to reset the damage.

Taki Study discussion:

If you run up and do FC 1A+B after 1BA in the long combo to close distance for any follow up, it'll still hit but counts as hitting tech so no ground stun. So I guess I'll stick to k2 in case, but if they just stay laying there might as well 6K into blocked 6B as another option.

But it looks like FC 1A+B would work with the long combo if you know the combo will push far towards an edge or wall. The long combo especially after PO 236B pushes back far.. so when you're in that situation might as well take advantage of the extra damage you can get, I'd think.

-ASZ

Taki Study discussion:

anybody know what K2 is on block. I used to use it to jump lows all the time...just kind of forgot about it altogether

Taki Study discussion:

k2
Block = -9
Hit = +1

The more I think about it....
Do the big combo
3bK PO, PORC, 1BA, PO
then do PORC 1BA PO again into hover mixup
The second iteration of 1BA won't cause the crumple stun, but will give you a ton of advantage into another PO hover mixup.
Or you can just PO B for the soul damage
Someone posted this up before, I just don't remember who.
It's a lot of PORC and stuff, but you get to reset into a strong PO mixup instead of playing ground games

Back