Talim in SCVI: Move Study & Analysis

I was messing around in training mode earlier and it seems as though BT B can combo into 6BB in certain situations. It's a useless little trick for the most part but it's damaging so I'll make note of it anyways.

I initially found it while playing with WNC A+G~BT K. BT B tech traps against back ukemi and can catch side techs if well timed (probably character specific). So the combo would be WNC A+G~BT K~BT B (on back tech)~6BB6~WNS (K)~ender (4B,A partial charge~BT AAB does 100 damage).
If you connect BT B but it doesn't combo then it's the same thing but for about 10 more damage.

I found that WNS K~WNS (K) whiff and 66K~BT B+K also set it up (again with character specific tech) but the latter of the two worked as an actual tech trap.

I might follow up on this later if I feel as though it'll actually amount to anything, but it probably won't.
I can't get this BT B tech trap to work vs any tech. Is the back tech one character specific too?

I was practicing against Groh whenever I found it. It was the most consistent on a back tech after WNC A+G~BT K when input immediately.

The other instances were difficult to time and basically required that he teched in a way so that it looked like you vaguely punched him in the side with the last few frames of the attack.

Sorry for the weird way I wrote it. Classes started up again so I haven’t had much time to play outside of around 11:00-12:00 at night.

@ZeroEffect317 Found some time to play; results are as follows:

All of the setups except for WNC A+G~BT K~BT B are too impractical for use (they work [WNS K~WNS (K) whiff requires either 66A+B or FC 3BB to hit first] but require the opponent to tech in a specific direction for each one).

WNC A+G~BT K~BT B consistently hit everyone on back tech except for Zasalamel, Astaroth, and Ivy (curse her) for 106 damage. This actually doesn't really change her WNC A+G game plan all that much since it gives essentially the same mix up as the BT 2K vs. BT CE but with a higher potential damage output.

@ZeroEffect317 Found some time to play; results are as follows:

All of the setups except for WNC A+G~BT K~BT B are too impractical for use (they work [WNS K~WNS (K) whiff requires either 66A+B or FC 3BB to hit first] but require the opponent to tech in a specific direction for each one).

WNC A+G~BT K~BT B consistently hit everyone on back tech except for Zasalamel, Astaroth, and Ivy (curse her) for 106 damage. This actually doesn't really change her WNC A+G game plan all that much since it gives essentially the same mix up as the BT 2K vs. BT CE but with a higher potential damage output.
I can't get it to work on Geralt, Talim herself, Mina, Kilik, or Sophitia either. You're gonna have to show a video of you landing it because it looks impossible

Below is my copy-paste post. I'm posting it here for us Talims as well, because it is useful to know these interactions for our own benefit.

I got bored again, and while I planned to do Sophie first, for whatever reason I jumped onto Siegfried. So, for all of your Sieg players out there who are having trouble with dealing with Talim's negative stance switch buttons (not the positive ones like 66A+B), here is a guide to show you the options (I found) and how they interact with her various stances...

I didn't feel like editing stuff too much (I also am very new to it), but in general, every new button of Sieg's is tested (in order) against: Block, WNS, WNF, WNC. I use the fastest options for each unless I feel there is a interaction to be had. I don't know too much about Sieg, so I likely overlooked some important buttons to use against some of the harder buttons to figure out. Overall, at least against the buttons you outright NEED to be punishing every time against Talim like 6BB, FC3BB, WNS-A, Sieg is actually really well equipped to deal with it.

I will likely make another universal guide to dealing with Talim's stances when she is positive on switch at some point. If people find this sort of thing useful, I could see doing more videos of this sort, even if they are time consuming. I do learn a lot myself at least, as it requires me to lab out a new character's moveset and how it interacts with Talim's.

Back