Talim in SCVI: Move Study & Analysis

More of a curious question, but does Talim have the worst ring out game? I'm looking through the character list and I'm having a hard time finding a character I feel rings out worse than her. I don't know much about Tira, so that's the only one I don't for sure. What about Raph?

It's frustrating sometimes. I'm sure you guys understand -- or maybe you know something I don't, but that range where... they're not RIGHT at the very edge, but it's like a step away and it's like... even if you launch them, you can't ring them out. Is there an option there I don't know about? Cause WNS options ring Talim out first, 4BA/(a)/b either gives them air control, knocks them clean to the ground or doesn't go far enough. You would think 66B would ring them out after a launch like that, but nope. It's as funny as it is sad to me that I can be so close to the edge and still not get a ring out on a launch.

Can't think of another character that's like that.

I would love to see my win/loss rate on specific stages. Cause that desert stage -- man... you can get rung out at round start from like 60% of the cast. Hahha... cause man, I back up when I get people to the edge against a good chunk of the cast. Get clipped, and somehow I'm out of bounds, and I'm like... "Dude, I had the WHOLE STAGE behind me!"

I don't know if I find it frustrating or just hilarious, but I feel something, that's for sure.
Depends on the launch. I haven't really found anything for 3B except BK afterwards, but it can be air controlled. But as far as 66B ender goes, any combo you can 66B after you can do 6A+B instead that rings out.

AABB can RO deceptively far when usen on midair opponent. Can be air controller to the side, but then you have AAA.

well it was such a fun lil extra proof of skill thing / way to style on your opponent and catch them off guard.

I really don't get why A. It's been in multiple games and is only just now being patched, and B. It's a big deal anyway, it only adds a higher skill ceiling to her...

I don't really understand why either, considering the extremely small time frame allowed for getting the just frame. The only thing this really changes is that you can't do CH 6BB6 into the JF anymore, though that is still a loss for her max damage output.

I don't really understand why either, considering the extremely small time frame allowed for getting the just frame. The only thing this really changes is that you can't do CH 6BB6 into the JF anymore, though that is still a loss for her max damage output.
It changes more than that, I think. You could potentially use the JF as a sort of run away tactic through the air, lol. And it frame traps into itself on block too and builds up a ton of guard damage. Granted, you can duck after the first one, but that becomes an unseeable mixup on block if you're a master at it.

The main issue, (besides patches not being as big a deal in the days of SC4), this is the first game where you can do multiple JFs. In SC4 you seemed to be limited to ONE use. I can get up to SIX in this game, lol. So my execution for it isn't in question when I say I never got two in previous games.

It was really satisfying to do them mid combo though for that little bit of extra damage.

Yeah the NC 6BB combos almost seem like an oversight to me, but pretty damn potent if not. Will say the pushback change has been causing me to whiff a lot of my counter confirms on this move now though, haha. Gotta get used to the new combo routes.

6BB has similar properties to AABA (last two hits only) so if you do WNS A+B after it’ll NC on everyone except Talim and Xianghua.

XIanghua is a goddess at being immune to Talim's 6BB 81 DMG for being a NC just like her being immune to Azwel SC CE & SC 8A+B.

Not really a video for you Talim mains, but for those going against her, I got bored late last night and rambled on about her stance options and when she is plus and negative.

--

Nothing in there you Talim mains probably don't already know. Doesn't really talk about how to blow up her stances, that'll be another video, just talking about how advantageous she is.

Not really a video for you Talim mains, but for those going against her, I got bored late last night and rambled on about her stance options and when she is plus and negative.

--

Nothing in there you Talim mains probably don't already know. Doesn't really talk about how to blow up her stances, that'll be another video, just talking about how advantageous she is.
Yeah, I've been going back and forth on doing videos like this for Talim. But I dunno, felt like a ton of work considering how much is still to learn for myself. I also don't feel like I'm viewed as highly as I was as a player during mid-late SC4 and SC5 so there's the whole "credibility" thing. Plus I'd need to get on twitter and all that if I REALLY wanted people to see it.

I may still do a stance guide or RE cancel thing for her at some point, though.

But good work anyway, @Skiegh. I didn't know that CE on block allowed you to jump over them with WNS (K). Maybe just because Talim is a small character.

Yeah, I've been going back and forth on doing videos like this for Talim. But I dunno, felt like a ton of work considering how much is still to learn for myself. I also don't feel like I'm viewed as highly as I was as a player during mid-late SC4 and SC5 so there's the whole "credibility" thing. Plus I'd need to get on twitter and all that if I REALLY wanted people to see it.

I may still do a stance guide or RE cancel thing for her at some point, though.

But good work anyway, @Skiegh. I didn't know that CE on block allowed you to jump over them with WNS (K). Maybe just because Talim is a small character.

Thanks! I wouldn't worry too much about credibility. Often times it's not the people placing in tournaments who know the most about a game anyway. Usually the guys making combo videos and such who really get to delve into how a game functions at a base level. I could link this stuff on twitter, but I probably wouldn't bother until I have enough videos where it would matter. If I make a Sophie vs Talim stance switch punish guide, I may cheekily link it to Xeph, because he sucks at punishing her stances.

---

I may make another thread devoted to these at some point, but I made another video about a similar subject. This one is about how to properly lab against Talim's stance switches on block. The first five minutes goes through the training mode setup process, rules of thumb, and an ideal example of a successful lab with the right button. The rest of the video is me off the cuff labing out another one of Talim's stance switch buttons from Sophie's perspective, which may be hopefully insightful for non-Talim players.

I was messing around in training mode earlier and it seems as though BT B can combo into 6BB in certain situations. It's a useless little trick for the most part but it's damaging so I'll make note of it anyways.

I initially found it while playing with WNC A+G~BT K. BT B tech traps against back ukemi and can catch side techs if well timed (probably character specific). So the combo would be WNC A+G~BT K~BT B (on back tech)~6BB6~WNS (K)~ender (4B,A partial charge~BT AAB does 100 damage).
If you connect BT B but it doesn't combo then it's the same thing but for about 10 more damage.

I found that WNS K~WNS (K) whiff and 66K~BT B+K also set it up (again with character specific tech) but the latter of the two worked as an actual tech trap.

I might follow up on this later if I feel as though it'll actually amount to anything, but it probably won't.

Back