Talim Revival!!

Luff_The_Talim2

[09] Warrior
Guys! The Talim forum is dying! D:<
We gonna bring this place back to Tip-Top shape!
Sooo Im gonna start a disgussion!

So i've noticed that people talk all this crap about Talim and then when i'm like, "Try playing her just once." Everybody has fun! Lol Some of them even try to lie and say they hate her but then they turn around and use her again. :D

But anyway. I havent been doing very well with her lately. I'm running out of tricks and i'm resorting to attack on disadvantage. T-T So like what moves can we use to get in on people, and whats her best step killers, and What are some good frame traps? :D

Frame traps I have come up with so far.

On Block: 6aa, 2a.
WRk, 2a.
4k, 2a.
WRk, 1A+B.
11ka, 2a
a+k, 2a

Some of those might not even be frame traps! lol But still. I wanna get really good with Talim so I not only beat the shit out of Dani's Talim (Not get a good match, just beat the shit out of it), and Be even with his Ivy.

Post away my loves!

Payon Thrust is Khent's favorite Talim move for some reason. Every time we play he's like DO IT!!!!!

Lol I always use RollarBlades (6B+K~A+B) :d Just cause it's pretty. Except I'm carefull to use it since it feels like everymove in the game can punish it...

Jaxel! I love the way your Talim plays! How'd you come up with your playstyle? (Luff_The_Talim2 has had serious difficulty coming up with a playstyle)

Well... looks like I have reason to finish up my Talim guide after all....

also, 66B is my favorite move in the game. Period.

Ya, with the new SC comin we gotta get ready.

:3::3::A:, no matter what has been done to it, will always be my fun.

There were some moves in SCII or SCIII that I liked but they were taken out and so I've forgotten what they even were. (Keeps ramblin till he falls asleep...)

So yeah, about the guide... I was gonna make it in a wiki, but with the recent changes to the site, it keeps getting changed/taken down or whatever. So I'll probably just put it in its own thread in this SA, and edit it as it needs.

I want to do a Matchup Guide too, but there are still a good number of matchups I don't know in depth. So just keep in mind that whatever guides i post aren't 100% absolutes. There's no one way to play Talim, I just hope it'll be of some help in terms of strategy.

Yeah, sort of. That one was mostly focused on her good/bad matchups and why. (Well, her bad matchups anyway, cause she really doesn't have good ones.)

What I wanted to do was go into how to approach certain matchups rather than just summarizing them. We know Talim vs. Voldo is bad, for example. But then the question is, how would you fight against a Voldo? Right now I can say I'm able to do one of these for Talim vs. Amy, Mitsu, Mina, Voldo, Taki, and Astaroth. Maybe Ivy.

I know how to fight every character at a basic level, but I don't know all the in-depth Talim specific tactics for everyone yet.

1. Everyone your wrong. Talim's 22k and WR a are the best! :D

2. Gasp! Hurry! A Talim guide would be perfect! That way if there's anything i'm doing absolutly terribly wrong (beisdes playing online) I can fix it! :D

3. Talim_jp! :D Your gonna play in SCV? I thought you were gonna quit! You had us all scared! D:<

I'm on SCV if Talim's there.

If she isn't then I'm finished playin (but will still support the game).

Oh my gosh. If they dont have Talim in SCV then what will I do..?! My name will have to be Luff_The_Hilde?!
But the chances of them getting rid of Talim is slim. Cause Her and Mina and needed for Yun seong's story. TalimXYun forevah! :D

No written story.
I just play FGs and don't worry about or even know much of the story.
Course I've played through and finished all the story modes with Talim (SCII/III/IV).
Haven't really played BD (but I have it) cause I only use a stick.

Just takes prac.
I ain't a pro, haha.
If you're also gonna play in arcades you gotta know/use the srick.

For me no stick=no game for 'serious' FGs.

Back