Talim Video Archive

No, I'll watch any Talim vid- and I don't think your vids don't bore us.

Good games!

Maybe I woulda used :A::+::K:, :A::A::B: and :6::A::+::B: more but I think you played a good, solid Talim.

Zero:

your talim is solid, and mad respect for the time spent and information you've put into talim and this forum.

You play really safe. I have limited experience against pro's, i'm sure their playing style is different, but from the way X was playing it feels like she had you on the ropes. When opponent is grounded and you 2A+B, follow up an AS mix-up. If there is anytime to follow up with AS it is on a grounded opponent after 2A+B, simply because it is a guaranteed 50/50 mix up. Also realize the risk/reward you are giving up by not including certain moves, into your repertoire. Some moves may keep you safer, but also make your movments much more predictable. 11_77K,A is a great move i think you should implement it into your "safe" playing style, as well as 33_99K,A(not 100% sure of input) The latter can be thrown out at a good distance, when in a defensive position. I find myself loving these moves in defensive scenearios. and GI. I think a lot of playing "safe" is assuming retaliation after certain "safe" attacks. If your going to play this way you've gotta GI more. Otherwise your gonna catch yourself on the ropes more often.

IMO talim doesn't match up well against X.

In the SCII era a Talim pro told me, "Talim will never beat X." and I still remember it.

PRiNCEALi - I actually love 11KA, but most of the guys I played that night saw it coming so I did it less during the tournament. I tried it in the last round but the guy saw it coming and ducked the A and punished with X's WS K. You're right about GIs though.

Honestly, I don't think that Talim is that outmatched by X at all. At least in this game. I dunno about SC2 or SC3...
X has range on her side, but she's not that much quicker than Talim overall. And 44B isn't that scary if you recognize the player's setups for it. It's bound to hit once in a while, though if the player knows how to use it. Both Talim and X have a decent balance between horizontals and verticals even though X has better lows. The match isn't exactly in Talim's favor, but it's still not that bad in my opinion. I just made too many mistakes that cost me.

A couple of comments on your vid, ZeroEffect. I noticed fighting against a good X player a couple of days ago that X's 44B will always eat AS A+B. I think that or WL A is your best bet if you can anticipate it. That was the main thing that got you. I also want to point out that 4BB WILL NOT hit it any backdash move unless it's done REALLY early, like almost input at the same time. I've tried it several times against several opponents and wind up getting hit 8 times out of 10.

Isn't the second hit of X's 44AA(I think?) high? I could be wrong but I think you can duck it on block.

And I've always wanted to try this, but I think WL to AS A+B should beat out crybaby, and if it does it'd look pretty cool, since you should land directly on top of X.

That said, I think AS A+B is a better option then AS B+K for wakeup, since AS A+B hits rollers, I noticed you don't use it that often. Any reason why? (other than it's atrociously bad safeness on block)

And I saw that you don't use the CH 3B[A] combo alot, even though you got a CH 3B a couple of times. Are you not used to it or is it that you would rather use mixups?

You know, I never even knew that AS A+B could catch rollers. If that's in fact true then that will definitely help me in the wakeup game. And yes, I should replace my 66B attempts with AS A+B (or at least AS K for safety) against X's possible 44B setups next time.

X's 44AA the second hit IS high. I was mentally slapping myself for not using 1A+B like I did so often in training mode. Haha, you can actually hear me saying "What am I doing?!" the first time I blocked both hits.

As for CH 3B, I just wasn't expecting to get counter hit, so I didn't plan to hold the A. The one time I did the wall combo followup with WC K, 3BA, WC K I didn't want to risk losing damage for holding A too long and whiffing. so I just pressed it quickly to make sure it comboed.

Thanks for the input, man.

Oh and here's my match against 350z and his Ivy from the same tourney. Prymo, lots more Wind transition stuff here for ya.

Nice one's again!

There are a few spots I woulda tried :6::A::+::B: (like right after some of Ivy's slow stuff- she would be forced to block or she'd eat it) and I like to use :2::2::A: when I'm at an ('weird') angle to my opponent (they don't expect it to hit).

The end results are what counts and you won so keep it up.

Honestly, I don't think that Talim is that outmatched by X at all. At least in this game. I dunno about SC2 or SC3...

X has range on her side, but she's not that much quicker than Talim overall. And 44B isn't that scary if you recognize the player's setups for it.

And Oof's video proves my point, haha.

Anyway, Nice stuff Oof. I was starting to think you didn't play Talim anymore, but good to see I was wrong. That being said, I hope to get a chance to fight your Talim one day. From what I've been hearing you have the best Talim, so I think it'd make a good learning experience for me.

The second match was just funny. I tried to guess how many times the X player would duck at the edge of the ring. (I was off by one.) And you make good use of the double Windsault. I can do it, myself, but no one ever seems to fall for it.

And uh... I guess there's not much else to say. You pretty much dominated. Oh, and what shorts are those on your Talim? I don't think I've seen them before.

ZeroEffect317, the reason why people might think I don't play Talim anymore is because I stopped using her online completely. But she's still very much my main character and I play her a lot offline.

The shorts and top that Talim's wearing are from the Halloween DLC pack. That Talim custom is actually based on Talim's 1P outfit from SC2. I actually had another TV with SC2 on just so that I get all the colors just right to make her as similar to SC2 Talim as I could. lol

Ahh okay. Yeah I knew you had modeled it off her SC2 costume. But that explains why I didn't see the shorts before.

Anyway, have you seen any of my Talim vids? I know the two most recent ones have a few input errors and mistakes in them, but I'm interested in what you think of my Talim and what I might be in need of, strategically, to make her stronger.

OFFMATIC- Good mixups, quick and you pretty much hit all the combos and JFs- nice work!
Keep reppin!

-sigh-
Im too busy getting raped and falling for rope-a-dopes to do anything worth a damn. XD

This is more of a "How cassandra can fuck you up" vid.

Good try man!

Rush down Cass, tough to beat.

You did good and stopped her rushin a few times w/:2::A: and :2::B:.

Nice vid Dogysamich. I don't mind beat down vids anyway. I think you learn the most from those ones. I love your 11B into fake WL at 1:15, didn't see that coming :P. But yeah I think if you have done some more matches that you would have adapted.

Anyway, have you seen any of my Talim vids? I know the two most recent ones have a few input errors and mistakes in them, but I'm interested in what you think of my Talim and what I might be in need of, strategically, to make her stronger.
I just watched your latest vid. Not much can be said, your Talim is good and seems pretty effective. You should probably avoid doing 33A though, I noticed a couple times you either got punished for getting blocked or whiffed. I normally save that move for ring outs. I'd like to play you sometime.

Dogysamich.. damn your vid was pretty brutal. But it's JTO.. who's probably the current best Cass player.. Perhaps if you played Talim a bit more basic and using her stances for defense rather than offense it might have been easier for you to read him.

Just watched your vid Dogysamich. Even though it was pretty much a beatdown, there were a couple things you did in there that I liked. I notice that a lot of Cassandra players tend to use B+K after BBs, and when JTO tried it you just Wind Charmed it. He broke almost all your throws, but the WC tactic was nice. (I don't know if it was intentional, but still nice). And your use of 11B was good overall. That dumb glitch RO at the end though... I always hate when that happens. Especially if you're winning the round.

Oof: Yeah, you're probably right about 33A. I get it to work so often against players who step a lot that I sometimes forget how risky it is to try on a whim. Just out of curiosity, what made you decide to stop using Talim online? Was the delay making it harder to use her specifically, or was it just something you chose to do?

yeah, im not heartbroken about it or anything. I know JTO and most of East Point well enough to know it was coming.

But yeah, I did honestly think I could pull some complete bs on him and get away with it. Well, I kinda dropped the soap. XD

Thanks for the comments, nonetheless.

Just out of curiosity, what made you decide to stop using Talim online? Was the delay making it harder to use her specifically, or was it just something you chose to do?
Out of all the characters I play Talim requires the most precision when it comes to her inputs.

If I start playing her online then my muscle memory for offline will get screwed up. I'll end up screwing up stance transitions and JF's whenever I play offline. Thats why I save her for offline only.

Back