Talim Video Archive

Malek plays me when he visits Japan so thank me for givin him prac against Talim (haha).

Nice to see the Talim playas still at it (as I am representin over here).

thanx for the comments yo
I'm not really nervous against amy, i was just tired as hell and wasnt thinking str8t
me and shinj usually have even matches playin mains, but yea
and btw i keep getting my 66b stepped
i cant find anything that really helps in getting close except running or AS, and thats not going well
any suggestions?

it seems that wenever i play a decent match with talim, it never gets recorded...
oh well

and btw it is pronounced "Suhfee"

thanx for the comments yo
I'm not really nervous against amy, i was just tired as hell and wasnt thinking str8t
me and shinj usually have even matches playin mains, but yea
and btw i keep getting my 66b stepped
i cant find anything that really helps in getting close except running or AS, and thats not going well
any suggestions?

it seems that wenever i play a decent match with talim, it never gets recorded...
oh well

and btw it is pronounced "Suhfee"

Ok. Thanks for the correction on your name.

As for 66B getting stepped, yeah it happens from time to time. Fortunately the recovery on it is very good so it's hard for people to whiff punish it properly. I tend to use 66B to get in close, sometimes too much and I get predictable. I try to mix 11B for people who like to duck in anticipation and punish. Other than that, she really doesn't have a whole lot aside from running in or stepping around. That's probably the safest thing you can do actually. Most characters attacks will bring them closer to you also so baiting whiffs is important.

I'm assuming you meant getting in on characters other than Amy, since Amy will come to you anyway.

Freakysound. Thanks for the input. 350z actually gives me a hard time in SW because Talim has to be close to really mix up and do damage. SW has 6{B}, 3B that knocks back pretty good, iCS, and a good CF game. Ivy has annoying pokes in SW that are good for interrupting Talim. It's not as deadly as WP or CL, but Talim doesn't have a lot of advantages over SW either.

Hey guys! Been gone for a while. mikosu went ahead and posted my comeback video. >_<

Lot's of problems, kept eating BBs all day because I was trying to WC them, and my timing's completely off, but you guys are welcome to go look and critique. Any help's appreciated.

Against Amy, I'm pretty sure 6BB236 is SS'able. You can 11KA them or launch them with 22B. Or just simple SS and then BB.

alright guys one more vid for yall

I dont play X alot, she one of the few i dnt really kno how to fight

edit: i pick talim for my second match

I just watched a bunch of you guys' vids on Mikosu's channel. I gotta say that your matches vs ruinandchaos were some of the craziest Talim mirrors I've ever seen. Very entertaining.

As for strats, hmm... You seem to use the stances a whole lot. It sometimes worked but it makes your Talim really risky. Try to avoid using 1A much if at all, since 11KA is better. Other than that you seemed to be ok.

Fighting X is mostly about knowing when she's at advantage and when she's not. Use 2A after guarding 4K so she can't spam 4Ks on guard. X's 44AA (that spinning move that hits mid/high) you can duck the 2nd hit. If you don't she's at + frames afterward. (maybe you knew that already and just didn't do it on the vid) And try to bait 44Bs as much as possible. It's hard but remember when X is at minor disadvantage she can use it to escape most of Talim's frame traps.

lol fighting ruin is awesome
so...much...jumping...

yea i knew that x''s 44aa was duckable, i just couldnt do it for some reason...
what should i be doing to bait 44b? should i try to be stepping her or do alot of her moves track?

Well I guess "baiting" isn't the right word. But you always play with that move in the back of your mind. Mostly when you set up frame traps.

After you hit 11KA you're at advantage, but 44B will beat all your fast moves. So instead of forcing a frame trap wait and see if the X player tries 44B. After using BT A (if you use it at all) you're at advantage if they block (+2). Same thing, step or something and see if they tend to escape pressure with that move. You can start to predict when they'll use it and turn it against them.

You could use the cancels too now that I think about it (Like aG, bG, or kG).

Thanks for more vids.

2nd link is the same as the first.

Good job and you put up a good fight!

Sorry. I Fixed it.

And thanks. It was closer than I remember actually. It would've probably been 2-2 at the end of part one if I got the GI on Amy's 3BA like I wanted. But oh well.

I'm gonna steal some of anti amy ur (2a after blocked amy 3b mainly)
That will help a lot against shinji
But yea ggs as always

Yeah, 2A and 2K are good to use when Amy does 3B by itself since it's fast enough to interrupt if she tries another 3B. 2A can be GIed by B+K, but 2k can't so I try to mix them up.

And I was bein' stupid by getting up so fast all the time. It's usually better to stay grounded and take the hit before getting up.

Nice organization, Zack. I didn't know they finally gave you a mod position in the Talim forums. It's about time!

Thanks for the organizin!

More Kura vids of note (many others can be found at these links in the 'Suggestions'):
Kura vs Kayane (X)(pt1):
(pt2):

Kura vs RTD (Hilde)(pt1):
(pt2):
(pt3):

Kura vs Malek (Ivy) SCIV Nationals Denver- Comp play:

Kura vs Linkrkc (Ivy) SCIV Nationals Denver- Comp play:

Kura's YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheKura0611

Yeah, Mikosu gave me the job outta nowhere one day... So I took it. And thanks Talim JP, I was gonna do those later, but you saved me the trouble of hunting the vids down.

Side note:
Now, I have a problem... I tried going into my Talim punish guide and it just gives me an error message. I don't know what happened to it, but I know that since the site got that update, I haven't checked it until just now... Could someone do me a favor and check the wiki and see if they can get to my Punish guide?

I really hope it's not gone after all that work.

No prob.

Right- since the Punish Guide takes more than 30 sec to load you get an error message...:
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/eightway/public_html/includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2599

Back