Talim Video Archive

Hopefully there are some good ones over there. If there were some way for you guys to record some games I'd really like to see how you all do with her.

I think there are vids- it's just that they are vids of a whole comp, knowing where the vids are and when the Talim playa played are the problems.

Congrats and thanks for all the vids!

Looks good- that was a close losers final.

I guess I use more :6::B: (16 IMP, 21 DMG, -2 GRD, +10 IMP and +10 CH) to follow up when in close.

I see you used :6::K: (farther reach, 16 IMP, 18 DMG, -16 GRD, +2 IMP and +4 SHK (Shakeable Stun) CH ) or :1::K: ('good' fast low, 19 IMP, 16 DMG, -15 GRD, -3 IMP and -3 CH)).

Well I wrote all the stats (from the 8WR Wiki) to compare (maybe more for my understandin and learnin as I'm not really a 'frame guy', haha).
With our Wiki Frame List, + is advantage and - disadvantage.
Looks like all around (except for reach) :6::B: is better than :6::K:. Same speed, more DMG, less disadvantage on GRD and more advantage on IMP and CH although you don't get the stun on CH.

I do have to add that numbers aren't always everything though.
Oh, :6::B: leaves you in BT (back turned) so that's something to think about too.

Sometimes when I just have to take a little more life bar off I :A::A::6::B::A::6::A::+::B:.
Some people stop blockin after the :A: in the combo and so they eat the :A::+::B:.

Good matches, LP. Your Talim is actually pretty decent. You missed quite a few BT B combos, but Talim isn't your main so that's understandable. Too many verts from Typhoon, though. (No one should be WCing that successfully... heh)

Only things I think I should mention are 1. punish 2KB with 236B or 44AA. Those are the best options for damage. And 2. use more 22K to Mitsu's back side. WC was working for you here so that's not as big a deal. But in general it's really effective vs most of Mitsu's close/mid range mixups.

I intend to. I wanna get some of Talim Vs. Each Character. :D

T-T uh oh. I'm just scared for anyone to see that first vid. It's pretty bad.

are you going to do offline and online?

the vids were from last year. I pretty sure your much better now.

speaking of which what happened to Dani?

OMG! I got a go from ZERO EFFECT!!! *swoons!*

But, yeah, I had forgotten about 22/88 K until later on in the night. And, yeah, I really dunno how to punish with Talim; it's not like Setsuka where, even if I don't know the exact frames, I can just use umbrella as my go to guy. =D

Luff - Can't really critique the playstyle, since it was a long time ago. You've probably realized by now what you were doing that was wrong. Do you have anything more recent to put up? Preferrably offline vids if you have them cause that way we get a better feel for your actual skill level.

LP - Haha, you may rise. But yeah, that's the thing with her. Talim has to use a wider range of moves for punishing, but the really unsafe stuff is worth knowing about (ie: Mitsu 2KB or Sophie's B+K, B) cause she gets the launch.

Seyfer - your friend seems to be more comfortable with her now compared to the first couple vids. Maybe I'm missing something with all the WC transitions, cause it looks like everyone else has success with them. (I always get thrown whenever I try it). Anyway, good matches. Looks like someone to really watch for in the future.

@Luff !! BITCH WTF!! Why did you put those ones up?? Hahaha lol jk boo. Why am I your second inspiration and not your first one? bitch you don't even deserve no diss hoe. Get your PS3 fixed, me and Dylan are bored.

Yeah, after I kick your online scruby ass a couple of times with my online scrubby nookie!!
But babe, umm seriously, I don't even like that video, huh what can I do though? lol.

Back