Tatsunoko vs Capcom.

ProfJamesJoynt

[08] Mercenary
Tatsunoko vs Capcom. (RELEASE DATE DEC 11TH)

What's this you ask? TvC is the newest game in the Vs series, taking Capcom's finest and pitting them again the heroes of Tatsunoko in what is the spiritual MvC3, until we get an actual MvC 3.

System Info
4 buttons, Light, Medium, Heavy and Partner buttons. I think pressing the Partner button on it's own will tag out, button+direction will trigger an assist. Not 100% sure though. HCF+Partner during a combo will instantly switch your partner to carry on the combo.
Baroque: A+B+C during a combo, is essentially a tribute to CCs. Uses up the red part of your lifebar.
A GG style burst can be used for 2 stocks, not sure of the button combo yet.
3 button dashes are in.
Pushblock is in, A+B+C while blocking.
Standard launcher for everyone is 3+C I think.
Everyone has air dash, Gatchaman has an 8 way airdash.
Max amount of stocks right now is 5.
Matches are 2v2 team fights.

Platforms are Arcade and Wii according to http://ffl.sakura.ne.jp/rv/box1/tatsuvscap.htm

Roster.
Capcom:
Ryu
Chun-Li
Alex
Soki
Batsu
Morrigan
Strider (rumoured)
Megaman Trigger (confirmed as of the 22nd)

Tatsunoko:
Ken the Eagle
Hurricane Polymar
Casshan
Tekkaman
Yatterman No 1
Gold Lightan
Doronjo-sama (rumoured)

Some videos
http://uk.youtube.com/user/wx4374 (Channel with some 3rd and 1st loketest videos)
GameVideos - Tatsunoko vs. Capcom 'EVO 2K8' gameplay 4 Video
YouTube - Tatsunoko vs. Capcom EVO Fight 3
YouTube - EVO2008: TVC Match 2
YouTube - Tatsunoko v Capcom Evo2008 Justin Wong v ???
YouTube - EVO2008: TvC Match 1

Official site: http://www.capcom.co.jp/tatsucap/

Go go go!

Pretty low due to the licencing nightmare. Gatchaman wasn't at the EVO loketest thanks to licencing issues even.

Seth Killian (Evo staff member who works for Capcom) said Gold Lightan WILL be playable, and that the game will include other "gimmick characters". GET HYPE

I watched a bunch of this at Evo and honestly it got old after awhile. It was only a beta so no surprise it was broken. They've already toned down Alex's stungun combos, but Chun was far and away the best so I wonder what they'll do to her.

The main weird thing about this game was that almost every normal besides light attacks was unsafe, along with most special moves.

My friend Keits played it for hours and did a detailed writeup on SRK - link here.

-Josh

Too bad they didn't choose a more interesting license than Tatsunoko. Gatchaman is the only property of theirs I've even heard of before.
Oh well I don't own a Wii anyway.

Apparently this game runs on a secret, possibily Wii-based arcade board, and the blog entry I posted in the OP also mentions a Wii-based board. It runs at 4:3 and 16:9 and 480p as optional resolutions. There's a new loketest for the game starting tomorrow so perhaps we'll see Megaman and Doronjo there.

I've been looking forward to this game since I first heard about it. Trigger finally being confirmed just makes it that much better.

They really need to fix the recovery on normals or else this game is gonna suck hard.

If you don't believe me, search for Arturo vs. Justin matches on Youtube. Practically all they do is airdash, because every ground string is unsafe.

This looks real fun otherwise, and I'm optimistic that something this basic won't be overlooked!

-Josh

maybe its cause i dont know about Tatsunoko, but this game looks kind of weak.
they should have just made a new darkstalkers game er something.

Tatsunoko is obviously way bigger in Japan... it's like their version of Marvel vs. Capcom, really. Capcom's going for some easy nostalgia money here.

Cant wait till the games release. :D I just hope its released for PS3 as well. Id hate a for a game like this to just be released on Wii. :\

P.S. Still crosses fingers for Tekkaman Blade. XD

What's this you ask? TvC is the newest game in the Vs series, taking Capcom's finest and pitting them again the heroes of Tatsunoko in what is the spiritual MvC3, until we get an actual MvC 3.

We are NEVER getting MvC3. The MvC series came out when Marvel was a dying company; characters were cheap and Capcom was able to purchase them with relative ease. Now, Marvel is far from a dying company; Marvel's movie studio has brought the company new life. Now, the price of characters isn't as cheap.

Instead of Capcom being able to purchase the entire Marvel catalogue for a low price, now Marvel charges a large fee for each character INDIVIDUALLY. This is one of the reasons why you see those other games like Rise of the Imperfects with such a limited cast of Marvel characters. Frankly, the fees are so large that Capcom doesnt want to pay for it...

Thats where Tatsunoko comes in... Tatsunoko is now a dying company; and unlike Marvel, their movie studio has been continually failing to bring the company around. Speed Racer was one of the most expensive movies ever, and it was a total flop. Before that, the Robot Hunter Casshan movie also failed. Basically, Tatsunoko is now, what Marvel was 10 years ago.

Back