Team Mighty Chicago - TMCHI

Hey everyone. Just wanted to thank all those who came out to UFGT and competed (as well as those that came out and didn't compete *cough*Hawkeye*cough*).

Thanks to everyone I talked to who helped combat my ignorance with the Soul Calibur series. Sorry I didn't get a chance to talk to more people, but I was super busy running around the venue all weekend. We hope you enjoyed the event and we hope to see you again next year, if not sooner.

And for those unaware, there's a Chicago FGC Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/267588799973617/
All are welcome to join. Except Smash players. </joke>

Hawkeye & Lost Providence: Good luck to ya guys at MLG Anaheim this weekend. Give them hell & do some work in California.

I would cheer on Chi-town also, unfortunately there was no goddamn shout outs on a certain interview that was just posted!!!! And after I went out of my way to make sure I told the whole world how much I love the Chicago boys. *sniffle*

MLG this weekend? Good luck to everyone going. I'll be yelling from the stream chat. I think I might start practicing this game too.

I would cheer on Chi-town also, unfortunately there was no goddamn shout outs on a certain interview that was just posted!!!! And after I went out of my way to make sure I told the whole world how much I love the Chicago boys. *sniffle*

My eye bleed tears for u as well GreatOne. 8...(

Lulz. I didn't want to do any shoutouts because there are so many people and the one that I did do I wasasked to do. Wouldn't want to forget anyone.

Whatever Dolla! You were on there too! I gets no love!

Lulz. I didn't want to do any shoutouts because there are so many people and the one that I did do I wasasked to do. Wouldn't want to forget anyone.
I'm just...anyone? *sniffle* and after all the special heartfelt moments I've shared with you people! Never again! I'm soooooo team NY now! GO GO RAMON!!!

I don't know what you're whining about. I got my shout-outs, and that's all that matters.

Give 'em hell, you two.

Whatever Dolla! You were on there too! I gets no love!

I'm just...anyone? *sniffle* and after all the special heartfelt moments I've shared with you people! Never again! I'm soooooo team NY now! GO GO RAMON!!!

Of course not! I didn't know shoutouts mattered so much. I guess I'll do all the shoutouts next time.

This thread needs some lovin'.

That's how I was feeling about the Ohio thread here on 8wayrun. I'm the only person that has posted up over there in the span of two weeks. I think Facebook is a big reason why people don't post up on the boards as much since everyone talks & sets up plans/sessions now on the Fighting Game Community groups there. Facebook has people on lock nowadays it seems. Lol.

That sucks for people like me, though.. I think I'm one of the more proactive people in this community...but I don't use the MyBook, iSpace, or all that tweeter shit.

I don't mess with any of that shit either LP. I think Facebook is bad enough in terms of being a time waster. I just get on there either to check what's going on with everyone, to laugh at the goofy shit that gets posted up over there more often than not, & to occasionally troll my friends on there. Lol.

I certainly feel where you're coming from LP in terms of the boards here. It seems more often than not that nobody posts up or even checks the forums that you're active on in the games you play, so it's really difficult to get everyone on the same page as you in terms of when things are taking place like video game sessions or traveling to tournaments. To me, it seems like Facebook Fighting Game Community groups have taken over the reigns there since most people just go on Facebook anyway. It sucks...especially if you don't like getting on those social media websites because it almost seems like you get left out of the loop or everyone else gets left out of the loop since everybody is not on the same page (literally). It's weird, but that's just how shit is nowadays.

there aren't enough chicago gatherings. i know that malcolm i guess has meetings on Sundays but that's like my only day off and i chill with my son then. i might host a gathering one day this summer, so that i may be owned in person as opposed to dealing with online assholes. i'll keep you guys posted on if/when i host.

there aren't enough chicago gatherings. i know that malcolm i guess has meetings on Sundays but that's like my only day off and i chill with my son then. i might host a gathering one day this summer, so that i may be owned in person as opposed to dealing with online assholes. i'll keep you guys posted on if/when i host.

We've actually been having them different days...but, like I said...no one keeps everybody informed.

@LostProvidence how do we fix that? if someone posts at least a few days ahead about a gathering on here, then that would help.

Back