Tech Traps

Mavericks42O

[09] Warrior
So who do you think has the strongest tech traps in the game?
i'm thinking Mitsurugi has some very strong Tech Traps. People seem to want to tech right up in fear of his 1a.

Actually, it's the opposite, people DON'T want to tech from fear of 1A. However, I do believe he is the most tech trap oriented character.

I always thought NM had the best options in the Tech Trap game or was i mistaken

um the most deadly tech trap award goes to hilde. don't get up or you will get doom combo'd...again...

after that i'd say taki, amy, nightmare have the strongest "don't get up or i'll rape you for it" fear options.

Nightmare's tech trap and anti-tech game is by far the best in the game. No other character can dish out as much damage or control ring positioning as well as NM with just tech traps. Once people stop teching, 44B and 2[K] are there to do potentially even more damage than his normal traps.

...Astaroth anyone?! o_0

2B+K/2A+K picks up tech rolling from right or left..

...then theres the ol' 44 feint into 4[a+b] gimmick.. ^_^

..I'm pretty sure he's got even more.. or am I miss-interpretting techtraps here? @_@

NM dominates on the wall with tech traps. Pretty sure Yoshi wins in quantity and possibly damage when walls aren't involved. Hilde wins with a free RO (i.e. don't duck).

Yoshi has so many tech traps holy shit... LoL its no question he wins... He can also ring out just as good as hilde just his combos to do the ring out involve a much harder set of buttons than hildes... NM's is good but even when yoshi gets you to the wall he can bring more pain than anyone... His tech traps are unique and he has about 6 for every situation lol I have one string where I do 5 tech traps in a row.. if you dont guess right or even if you just lay there, your eating damage...

Yoshi lacks wall-based tech traps. NM can reset into wall combos from tech traps off the wall. If you saw it, you would agree with me on this point. =)

I have saw it, I agree NM is a heavily Tech Trap oriented character... We have resets on our wall combos too ;) they are just time based haha :)

Just saying overall I think yoshis are better but NM is prolly a tie if not better! Im just biased ;) and I doubt we've even found all our options with yoshi yet haha

I take that back our resets arent just time based, there are several tech traps by the wall to reset into wall stun ;)

Sophie has a surprising number of high quality tech traps also, though I don't think she rises above NM since he can RO/W! you for lying down(and options that beat no tech well are harder to come by).

Back