Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Here is the New Tekken tag 2 gameplay demonstration :
Are they keeping idiot juggle system? if they do i won't play this game. I lost a tournament because of that sodding juggle sys, it looks like ball skipping. I worked hard and i memorized 10 juggles but they didn't work because you couldn't escape their juggles. But in SC juggles aren't that powerful and you can get rid of them by aerial control and etc.

Although it is nice that they remixed t4's Heihachi stage music and might possibly put in in this game. With that trailer w/ Kazuya+Leo VS. Jin+Asuka, that stage they were in, I was wishing for that music to be played there anyway.

Are they keeping idiot juggle system? if they do i won't play this game. I lost a tournament because of that sodding juggle sys, it looks like ball skipping. I worked hard and i memorized 10 juggles but they didn't work because you couldn't escape their juggles. But in SC juggles aren't that powerful and you can get rid of them by aerial control and etc.

Are you like for realz with this post man?

SC is for noobs anyway. And juggles look worse in TT2 yeah definitely not your game.

Are you like for realz with this post man?

SC is for noobs anyway. And juggles look worse in TT2 yeah definitely not your game.

I was very upset about losing the tournament, sorry about insulting tt2 but....

"SC is for noobs anyway" what is that mean? Are you trying to say that I'm a noob?

Nope SC compared to Tekken is a noob friendly game. Juggles in Tekken are a very important part of the game and on the surface they define the game. But Tekken is a much deeper game than that. You don't lose because you get juggled, you lose for making bad decisions, are simply lacking in ability.

So for you to say you lost a tournament because tekken has juggles you can't air control out of, makes you sound like a scrub. You're playing tekken. It's similar to people that complain about ringouts in SC.

I don't know how skilled you're but, your comment made you sound like a scrub.

i think tekken is rather boring- if making bad decisions as you say is the only thing that makes you lose, then all one can do is turtle or do quick safe pokes. also, your character's mobility in tekken is quite restrictive and in my opinion the characters are bland and the fighting styles too homogeneous

True, soul calibur is friendly to rookies but, Tekken is very cruel to fresh bloods,

I was good at SC 3 and 4 and I thought I should give a try to Tekken 6. I played with my friends, and I heard about tournament. I worked hard to improve my combo timing and tactics. But no matter how much I trained myself, my console was x360 and the tournament was in ps3. I trained a little on ps3, I thought training on psp tekken will imporve ps3 experiance but it didn't. I screwed up. Thats all, was angry, sorry about that.

I will admit that Tekken is not noob friendly in my opinion, some guys tried to play Tekken 5 at an arcade in Canada a few years ago (they were new) man they got creamed so bad, they thought that the game was similar to Dead or Alive, boy how wrong they were. Luckily the gameplay hasn't changed over the series or I would have been in trouble (Went from Tekken 3 or Tekken 5 because Tekken 4 was an absolute abomination.)

i think tekken is rather boring- if making bad decisions as you say is the only thing that makes you lose, then all one can do is turtle or do quick safe pokes. also, your character's mobility in tekken is quite restrictive and in my opinion the characters are bland and the fighting styles too homogeneous

For new players I understand where you're coming from, T6 is actually my first tekken game.

From where I stand you can't just practice tekken for some months and expect to get anywhere especially in a tournament. Combos are important, but actually landing one especially at the highest level isn't as frequent as you might expect. Actually spacing and learning character moves and situations is more important.

There's actually a lot of poking that goes in tekken, a lot of 50/50 situations, a lot of gambling. Hell I don't get how people break throws in tekken so well, when characters have about 4 each with different break inputs.

And movement in tekken isn't restrictive, it takes practice to get your movement down.

And the combos themselves although easy get complicated when you factor in walls, and different character hit boxes. You might need to change your timings if you're facing smaller characters.

Tekken is only boring to watch if you haven't played it, or can't play it.

They made juggling a lot easier to do in Tekken 6, which is kinda newb friendly- since they replaced the executi0n requirement with a knowledge one- which I think is a good change.

The problem is Namco didn't give a good teaching mode to show people in Tekken 6, without a very clunky interface, which doesn't even tell you what the moves are.

Try losing a PSP in a Tekken tourney due to jacking up a combo, then ending up with a movie ticket to a $2 theater instead. Herp derp me.

AI must give us different challanges so we will force to play harder but in tekken 6, every vs Com match are the same. Even it seems like the char is different, the AI is still the same and thats why I failed hard in tournament. I was playing Ghost Batlle mode every day, it was on extra hard and my ratio was %80 but it was fake. I can beat almost every COM enemy by same tactics. But when I played with my big bro, all the experiance I gaineed from ghost battle are gone. Thats why I lost the tournament.

idk if the 'hapless air bounded opponent' system is just for this prototype only OR if this will be in the real final revision. Kinda' looked slow. I just wanted others to check that out in this vid below. [I'm confused]
BELOW

idk if the 'hapless air bounded opponent' system is just for this prototype only OR if this will be in the real final revision. Kinda' looked slow. I just wanted others to check that out in this vid below. [I'm confused]
BELOW

Psychic powers?! Well I was just scrubbing about juggle system that it is not realistic but this is unacceptable for me.
And I don't understand why all chars do the same psychic move instead of something like uppercut that sends the enemy flying.

Alright. Don't worry. I viewed another vid and two guys were playing each other. At the end of their match, the screen read: "Thanks For Playing" like a normal demo. At this point, TTT2 is in the early stages of this game's beta testing, so of course it'd be a demo.

BUT... here's still what's bothering me. Will that slow tag-in pause sequence when a player flashes white will still be how it appears here as it will the actual game when it releases?

Will it be like how it runs as seen in the first trailer?

Psychic powers?! Well I was just scrubbing about juggle system that it is not realistic but this is unacceptable for me.
And I don't understand why all chars do the same psychic move instead of something like uppercut that sends the enemy flying.

And Soul Calibur is realistic how? I don't want realism in my fighters- I want reasonable execution, excellent balance, and diverse playstyles.

And Soul Calibur is realistic how? I don't want realism in my fighters- I want reasonable execution, excellent balance, and diverse playstyles.

I don't say Soul Calibur is realistic. But as like I said they could put a move like uppercut rather than psychic powers. And they used the same animation they used for raging up.

Alright. Don't worry. I viewed another vid and two guys were playing each other. At the end of their match, the screen read: "Thanks For Playing" like a normal demo. At this point, TTT2 is in the early stages of this game's beta testing, so of course it'd be a demo.

BUT... here's still what's bothering me. Will that slow tag-in pause sequence when a player flashes white will still be how it appears here as it will the actual game when it releases?

Will it be like how it runs as seen in the first trailer?

Well, it could change.. rage in tekken 6 was fiery hands when they first show it off. I understand why they're doing it but honestly? I think Naruto ultimate ninja storm 2 way of doing tag teams working together is perfect. I kinda wish they followed that model a bit. but as it is, reason for the slowness is because harada found that 93% of the game testers found the combos/juggles too difficult to do when it was seamless. I remember reading that somewhere, don't remember where. so he did this to make it easier to perform. considering how it wasn't well received, i'm sure he's going to make adjustments.

Well, Madnis ... yeah. After thinking about it for some time, I had to figure that the bound tag-in display was for the purpose of those players to get a good feel of how it works before putting the real thing out there.
...Oh and I did think about how T6 came about with their rage system with the characters on fire that convinced even more that, 'Hm! Well maybe the slow bounding we're seeing now could end up like T6's hands on fire.'
Thanks for that input, Madnis.

... But hey, did anyone check out Devil on TTT2?
No, everyone please don't get that excited. It's not all that with his appearance. It's just Kazuya with tricked out purple bat wings. Good thing though, he has Devil's powers, but I think that Kazuya can only turn into Devil (just bat wings added) when he partners up with Devil Jin.

Back