[Tennessee] Obligatory Title

Nice. What would be awesome would be if we could eventually make TN a tourney hotspot. A man can dream, eh?

A girl can dream, as well. I've been wanting an SC scene here for quite some time, but everyone is really into Tekken and Street Fighter, which just isn't my cup o' tea. We'll see what the future holds. I hope I can sway some people to at least try SCV. I think this game is really fun, at least from what I played at NEC.

You've had a chance to play? Awesome! I gotta ask. Is the game as, how would I put it, back and forth as it looks in videos? and is Ezio any good? And hopefully people will be drawn to it as well and we can build a backing to it hear. It would be amazing if the home of SC in the U.S were TN!

I'm not sure what you mean, and I'm the wrong person to ask about technical type stuff, as I'm sort of a newbie, myself. I will say that the version I played was at least 2 builds behind, so a lot could have or have not been changed/fixed/etc as the newer builds. Ezio was fun, but he felt a bit stiff, to me.

Hopefully they'll iron out the kinks on Ezio. As far as what I mean about back and forth, well I guess an example would be a match I saw between Siegfried and Voldo in SCV. It seemed like there was no clear winner until the final blow. The matches seemed so back and forth between the two players that I was always trying to guess who was going to win instead of there being just one predictable match over and over again. It's exciting and I'm just wondering if that's the type of game it is lol. But it's still pretty cool you got to play it.

Yeah, it was a lot of fun and I'm glad I got to test it out, but it was a bit of a tease! lol Um, as far as back and forth, I'm not sure if it was simply the players or the characters, or maybe even a little of both.

I like to think that it's an equal balance between the two. Player and characters. I think SCV is probably pretty balanced from I've seen so far. Hopefully they'll try to keep it that way. The gameplay looks amazing as well. Oh and since were in a forum about tournaments in TN, there's a place in Jackson TN that I went to today that says they'll start having video game tournaments so I put in a really good word for SCV. Hopefully in a few months there will be some tourneys there. It's not pro level, but it's something lol.

Hey, it's better than nothing at all! Jackson isn't terribly far from Memphis, so I'll definitely try my best to make it up there for tournaments and the like! :D

Dear Memphis,

Would anyone be interested in holding some sort of weekly gathering? I would totally do it myself, but I am a scrub who lives with her parents still. I have no qualms bringing a setup, if needed, and maybe throwing in a little homecooked meal to bribe you.

<3s,
Krit

Dear Memphis,

Would anyone be interested in holding some sort of weekly gathering? I would totally do it myself, but I am a scrub who lives with her parents still. I have no qualms bringing a setup, if needed, and maybe throwing in a little homecooked meal to bribe you.

<3s,
Krit

The Wednesday Night fights have moved to Mid-South Tournaments & Games in Horn Lake, MS. It's right outside of Memphis. $5 Venue fee. It's also BYOB if you're 21.

There is also going to be a tournament there on Feb 18th.

I'm an old competitive SC player and one of the owners of the venue.

Facebook.com/tournamentsandgames

The Wednesday Night fights have moved to Mid-South Tournaments & Games in Horn Lake, MS. It's right outside of Memphis. $5 Venue fee. It's also BYOB if you're 21.

There is also going to be a tournament there on Feb 18th.

I'm an old competitive SC player and one of the owners of the venue.

Facebook.com/tournamentsandgames

omg! Thanks so much! If there's anything I can do to help, just ask. I'd be very interested in growing the SC scene here, if I can. Would I havta bring my own setup for SC? Such as a tv, console and game? Just curious, as the tv I have is a bit too heavy for me to carry. I'm such a girl lol.

omg! Thanks so much! If there's anything I can do to help, just ask. I'd be very interested in growing the SC scene here, if I can. Would I havta bring my own setup for SC? Such as a tv, console and game? Just curious, as the tv I have is a bit too heavy for me to carry. I'm such a girl lol.

You can bring a setup if you like. We keep 5 lagless screens on hand, so you can just bring your box if you like. Most of the guys that come right now are bringing their own setups. I think we had something like 30 people here last Wednesday and 15 or so screens.

You can bring a setup if you like. We keep 5 lagless screens on hand, so you can just bring your box if you like. Most of the guys that come right now are bringing their own setups. I think we had something like 30 people here last Wednesday and 15 or so screens.

That's awesome! I'll definitely bring a console + game, then, once the game drops. Definitely need to get some practice in before Winter Brawl, Final Round, EVO, etc. Also, I just realized that Winter Brawl is the weekend of the 18th, so I'll be in Philadelphia. Crap! Haha.

That's awesome! I'll definitely bring a console + game, then, once the game drops. Definitely need to get some practice in before Winter Brawl, Final Round, EVO, etc. Also, I just realized that Winter Brawl is the weekend of the 18th, so I'll be in Philadelphia. Crap! Haha.

We can help you get some practice in for sure. My X has been top notch for years, my asta is pretty solid, and one of the other store owners plays an insane Ivy.

Philly is a long way away, if things come up and you can't make it to WB6, you can always hit up a tourny in your local scene.

We can help you get some practice in for sure. My X has been top notch for years, my asta is pretty solid, and one of the other store owners plays an insane Ivy.

Philly is a long way away, if things come up and you can't make it to WB6, you can always hit up a tourny in your local scene.

Awesome, thanks so much for the offer. I'll be playing Pyrrha, and I should have my arcade stick.. whenever it's finished being dual modded. And I'll definitely keep that in mind if I can't make it to Philly.

The T & G Throwdown 2!

What: In celebration of the recent releases of AE:2012, KoF XIII, UMvC3 and Soul Calibur V, Mid-South Tournaments and Games presents another Throwdown! Test your might, bring your A game, and pit yourself against the best players from near and far, in the latest versions of the classic fighting game franchises. Also, a side tournament will be held for the brand new release from Namco: Soul Calibur 5!
Meet new players, prove your skill and be part of the community! Cash prizes await the victors!

Games: Super Street Fighter 4: AE 2012, Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, King Of Fighters XIII, Soul Calibur V

When: February 18th, 2012 from 12:00PM – 8:00PM.
· 12:00PM – 2:00PM – Doors open, Registration and Casuals
· 2:00PM – Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
· 4:00PM – King of Fighters XIII
· 6:00PM – Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition 2012.
· 7:30PM – Soul Calibur V

Where: Mid-South Tournaments and Games, 1731 Dancy Blvd, Horn Lake MS 38637. You can reach them at 662-510-5027.

Registration: Venue fee is $10, plus $10 Entry per game that you intend to compete in EXCEPT Soul Calibur V! SCV is $5 entry.

100% of entry fees go toward tourney winners. Pot split is 70/20/10. POT BONUS TBD!

Rules: Format is Double Elimination, best 2 out of 3 matches. Grand Finals is 3 out of 5. All games will be played on XBOX 360.

BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER. This is very important, regardless of whether you play on pad or stick, the controller that you use is YOUR responsibility.

Additional Rules:
  • When your name is called for a match, you must report to your station in a timely manner, failure to do so within 7 minutes will lead to you forfeiting that match. No excuses.
  • Make sure you do your button checks before beginning the match, pausing during a game will result in the immediate forfeit of the round unless your opponent does not want the forfeit applied. Note that pausing during an Ultra animation in Street Fighter 4 will also cost you the round unless the Ultra kills the opponent.
Questions? Post below!

I hope there's a good turnout, Geektwist. Like I said, I would go, but I'm already planning to go to Winter Brawl. Definitely wanna go to tournaments here, though, and support the local scene, etc. :3 I just hope other tourney dates don't conflict with all the out-of-state tournaments I plan on going to.

Thanks for announcing here, and in the announcement forum, I hope others can make it out!

I'm planning on going to the evo qualifier in TN happening in June. I read they were gonna be running soul 5 which is more than enough to motivate me lol

Back