The AMAZING SC4 Online General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using Asta 1A a lot outside of down/roll traps is the sort of thing that will make a lot of people on this site very unhappy with you. It's i34, so braindead easy to block on reaction every time, and if you use it more than a few times you will get it jumped also. The thing is, online it's blockable easily on a 5 bar, but blocking it isn't good enough. It's safe, it forces you to crouch to block it, and it spaces well. So it actually returns things practically to neutral. At least if you block Mitsu 1A you have advantage within reasonable range. So, to be honest even if your opponent is blocking it, if you are using it with any kind of frequency (i.e. more than once a round) it counts as lag abuse.
If you look at good Asta videos from offline play they very rarely use 1A. This basically tells you that it's not a great move. As for 1[A] and all its variations and follow ups, they are complete trash.

Thanks for warm welcome but im with 8wayrun since biggining of my gameplay in SC IV. Only thing is I did not make an account simply because there was no need for it.
To straight things up - I WAS using 1A ONLY for a down/roll trap after succesful knock downs for opponent. Everything else was 1A charges.
Nirf is pretty right anout seeing ppl jump over etc - thats why I was surprised about that hate messeges from Rose :/.
About not breaking throws etc - sorry this is pure excuse - it is just about spamming A-B at the time of close contact so i find it extremly easy to break the throw (of course its always 50-50 chance but still).
I have to write that in capital letters - I34 !!!
Anyway this is my last post about that case I dont want to argue anymore.
Nirf: about the offline - it is true 1A really sux simply because its too easy to block/jump etc. But in a down/roll traps it is very good because opponent gets used to low block which you can use to jump-crouch throw. But true is that if you are playing with some1 who knows how to play you will and up with blades on your face very soon.

Thanks for warm welcome but im with 8wayrun since biggining of my gameplay in SC IV. Only thing is I did not make an account simply because there was no need for it.
To straight things up - I WAS using 1A ONLY for a down/roll trap after succesful knock downs for opponent. Everything else was 1A charges.
Nirf is pretty right anout seeing ppl jump over etc - thats why I was surprised about that hate messeges from Rose :/.
About not breaking throws etc - sorry this is pure excuse - it is just about spamming A-B at the time of close contact so i find it extremly easy to break the throw (of course its always 50-50 chance but still).
I have to write that in capital letters - I34 !!!
Anyway this is my last post about that case I dont want to argue anymore.
Nirf: about the offline - it is true 1A really sux simply because its too easy to block/jump etc. But in a down/roll traps it is very good because opponent gets used to low block which you can use to jump-crouch throw. But true is that if you are playing with some1 who knows how to play you will and up with blades on your face very soon.

Nope, even if they're on the ground it makes no difference. You don't get used to blocking low while on the ground the same way you don't when you're standing. You just watch for the animation, and block it, in both situations. Obviously it's ok to use it when it's guaranteed to hit. You're not the first person I've heard thinking it's ok to use lag sweeps when they're on the ground, but I can't imagine why anybody would think it makes a difference...

Oh so zkooter is seriously making a name for himself around the forums eh? That dude sent me about 20 messages all complaining about how I'm a lagger with Asta, how I'm playing the lag, and shit like that. First I beat him in a close 5 round ranked mirror match, he sends 'so lucky' so I simply reply 'first to ten player match?'. He replies 'invite'....so I make a private 2 person room and proceed to rape him 10-0. After each match, sometimes after single rounds even he sends 'lag', 'you're playing the lag', 'my timing is messed up because of lag'. I tell him 'I'm not using any lows besides 2A and 2K, you're the one using 1A all day, unblockable grab, 1K, 1B and still you're losing'. He keeps sending messages but at that point I just stopped responding. Once I got to 10 wins sent him a message that said 'visit 8wayrun.com for more info and help with your game' and closed the room.

I'm a rather big beginner in this game but I constantly see this guy with a crazy win to lose count of like 23k to like 3k, or something along those lines. He constantly picks Voldo with that no ring out stage, so I would use Talim. To my surprise he kind of sucked and I would almost always win. He would eventually switch to Astaroth and that small ring out stage and just try to shove me off the edge. Being a noob, I have no clue what to do most of the time. I sometimes get PMs on how much I suck. But enough of that.

I played this one guy I forgot his name. He used a Astaroth and constantly went for lows, and his bars would slowly just get worse and worse. I would always manage a win somehow, but eventually his lag just got to the point where I can't even move so I quit. I then got a influx of messages from him saying I was a nooby coward who abused lag. I didn't reply but I found it rather funny.

I'm a rather big beginner in this game but I constantly see this guy with a crazy win to lose count of like 23k to like 3k, or something along those lines. He constantly picks Voldo with that no ring out stage, so I would use Talim. To my surprise he kind of sucked and I would almost always win. He would eventually switch to Astaroth and that small ring out stage and just try to shove me off the edge. Being a noob, I have no clue what to do most of the time. I sometimes get PMs on how much I suck. But enough of that.

I played this one guy I forgot his name. He used a Astaroth and constantly went for lows, and his bars would slowly just get worse and worse. I would always manage a win somehow, but eventually his lag just got to the point where I can't even move so I quit. I then got a influx of messages from him saying I was a nooby coward who abused lag. I didn't reply but I found it rather funny.

Yeroti which system do you play on? And yeah, welcome to the land of online SC4.

I play on the PS3. I'm not exactly new to Soul Calibur or online play. But I play whatever is fun and never bothered to learn combos and such. Until I remembered this site a little while back.

Hey Signia, it can make a difference in some cases. E.g. vs voldo if you are downed, in many cases the only way to cleanly avoid 2A+B is to roll to Voldo's left. If you input left roll immediately on being grounded though then you can't avoid Voldo's 1A, which in most situations is a lag low.To be honest though, I thought Asta had better options, like using crouch grabs vs tech'ers and 2A+K/2B+K vs grounded, or 22B. Again I rarely see top Asta's use 1A even in the way you describe.
What do you mean the rest were 1A charges? You mean 1[A]? That move is garbage. It is i54 or something like that, i.e. as slow as many unblockables. Even online on a 5 bar, after I see my opponent use it once I can usually do a long range TJ move on reaction (i.e. 66K with Voldo, 8A+B with Yoshi, whatever).

Of course it is garbage but I use it sometimes, simply because it is fun and actually makes game look more nice (of course from time to time) the same way i do 321A from time to time. Only thing is that I do not understand why do I have to not make some of moves which are slow and which i can block myself playing vs other astas (and other players) and some people say it is impossible and that I am a bad man...

Of course it is garbage but I use it sometimes, simply because it is fun and actually makes game look more nice (of course from time to time) the same way i do 321A from time to time. Only thing is that I do not understand why do I have to not make some of moves which are slow and which i can block myself playing vs other astas (and other players) and some people say it is impossible and that I am a bad man...

Just dont use it dude... Your only hurting your own game. The move is trash... If someone is getting hit by 1{A} then you need to just try other things on them that are more complicated for you to do. 1{A} will get you owned by any player halfway competent to what they are doing.

If your making a person block it then its their own fault, but they should easily be jumping it or TJ'ing it and punishing you... Shit GI it, its simple all the way around, its just a move thats heavily frowned upon online because its so trash offline.

Removing 1{A} from your game shouldnt be a problem, unless you depend on it too much which means your asta isnt very good in the first place, and you should rethink your game.

I just thought this looked cool

photo1-1.jpg

After he disconnected he sent this: "on da phone"

I have to admit I use it. But can do all other stuff from astas arsenal so getting rid of it shouldnt be too hard. Anyway I feel kind of strange in online gaming because i depend a lot on GI's. I have only 1 friend who is playing Mitsu offline and the amount of GI i could do thanks to online practice was huge ^^. Anyway thanks for the tip.

btw:
PARTISAN: Thanks for ze EYE :O

23k wins and 3 k losses on psn? that is ded3124124312412412. like you, i first saw him and was expecting a lag master extraordinairre. i was excited because i always like playing the best of the laggers, but nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. i beat him easily every time by simply spamming bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.

he is terrible, and disconnects when you beat his ass...which is every time. he is a 1a asty scrub. the awesome thing about that guy is that he disconnects every time he loses, and he always loses, yet he has TWENTY THREE THOUSAND WINS. this means that he must have played well over a hundred thousand ranked games of sc4 in order to disconnect as much as he does and still have those wins.

i applaud the man for designating his life to sc4 online ranked matches.

23k wins and 3 k losses on psn? that is ded3124124312412412. like you, i first saw him and was expecting a lag master extraordinairre. i was excited because i always like playing the best of the laggers, but nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. i beat him easily every time by simply spamming bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.

he is terrible, and disconnects when you beat his ass...which is every time. he is a 1a asty scrub. the awesome thing about that guy is that he disconnects every time he loses, and he always loses, yet he has TWENTY THREE THOUSAND WINS. this means that he must have played well over a hundred thousand ranked games of sc4 in order to disconnect as much as he does and still have those wins.

i applaud the man for designating his life to sc4 online ranked matches.

He used to not disconnect on me at all.. ever. Now he does every time. He picks Voldo and the cage or Asty and labyrinth. The only thing you need to do to beat him is pick asty and do nothing but bull rush.

dude i picked cassy and did 236b236b236b236b236b236b and it worked :/ i've only played him twice ever, and both times i was on egg's account. both were disconnects though.

Hmm, Sau means Sheep in my language - perhaps you live somewhere nearby? If so, we could prolly get some games together. It sounds like you could need some offline experience, Sau:)

online sc4 is the matrix, man. it looks like the real world. sometimes it even feels like the real world. things happen there, though; unnatural things that should never be. you can do amazing feats such as spam 236:b and go unpunished even against the world's best players.

the laws of the universe to not apply to online calibur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back