The AMAZING SC4 Online General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My advice is: Treat online like a training ground for human players. Take it serious for good lulz, but do not take anymore serious if it becomes a dickwaving fest. It always starts with for instance: "Well, I beat you 5 times" and you respond with for instance, "but I managed to perfect you all 3 rounds". Basically, do not indulge in how skilled you are online if it's about winning online. Why? It's futile to reason with idiots bent on winning. Rather think about improving and having fun. Trust me, I fell victim to this. Heed the advice of the cute yet awesome Pocky Yoshi lol.............no homo

Epic.

Hey wounded got any tips against the SC Scrubs that patrol online that abuse the Camera on Algol's bubbles (And Lag lows), I've also have a big problem fighting the EVER SO LOVELY 3B and 66B+K, K Siegfrieds with their amazing Lag tactics.

Honestly I've never seen lows this terrible in a fighting game before online >_>
Sieg needs to get into stances to abuse his lows so as soon as you see him try use the fastest move which will hit to knock him out.

I hope you know how to fight your main as well as you know how to use her. ^_~
I always mirror my opponent first to test the water, as it were.

I hope you know how to fight your main as well as you know how to use her. ^_~
I always mirror my opponent first to test the water, as it were.
Hmm, I may need to check up on my frames havent had to use for a while but should be to much of a problem. :p

My advice is: Treat online like a training ground for human players. Take it serious for good lulz, but do not take anymore serious if it becomes a dickwaving fest. It always starts with for instance: "Well, I beat you 5 times" and you respond with for instance, "but I managed to perfect you all 3 rounds". Basically, do not indulge in how skilled you are online if it's about winning online. Why? It's futile to reason with idiots bent on winning. Rather think about improving and having fun. Trust me, I fell victim to this. Heed the advice of the cute yet awesome Pocky Yoshi lol.............no homo

WOW thanks, I never thought of it like that. I knew online really didn't matter in any shape or form since the lag Speeds up certain frames on certain moves but when I use Vader and I lose to Lag tactics it just burns me up, or if I lose to pure frametrap from Taki's massive Positive B/K frames.

Also I noticed 6A+B Seems to be delayed a little online right after 2A or even BB. But yeah you're right yoshi, I just get so heated up when I lose to Lag tactics, or Pure lag, or Button mash with Insane frame advantage sometimes. Then it either goes like this.

A.) I win and beat the host terribly and then his friends...I get booted for being a "Noob" and cheating (Using BB then tech trapping with A+B follow up or 1A+B).

B.) I win and beat the host (Despite him using lag tactics with Sophitia, Mitsurugi, Siegfried, Yun Seong, etc) then we fight again. I lose then get kicked.

or the Infamous C.

C.) I lose to lag tactics and get kicked for apparently being a noob and not being able to block it.

Maybe I should just chill out for a moment and take what you said to heart. Online DOESNT matter since i've been reading on this forum that all the good players mostly play this Offline. But I don't really have people who can keep up with me in skill near my area.

*snip of good intentions*

More or less, hopefully everyone on here knows online is a dream world while offline is the true reality. That's not to say online is crap altogether. It's just I'd rather take a loss, keep my cool and figure out if my opponent is worth my time or not. Kind of like fishing. Reel in people who are worth it, toss back the scrubby fish back to the salty sea of unwanted disease. Online as I mentioned over and over like a broken record, is just my human training ground to solidify what set-ups, tech traps, etc can I utilize, discard or whatever.

Anyways, pleasure to meet you. Hope to spar with you sometime, buddy.

Sure, But you might destroy my scrubby Vader >.>

But hey im always looking to fight someone stronger than me. I can learn alot from fighting a person who Knows how to actually press the G button and who doesn't abuse lag.

We can play right now if it's up to you or later since im trying to learn the In's and out's for Rock.

Sheesh, is SC4's steam finally running out? This section use to be the place to come. Now it's practically gets any posts. No matter, I'm going to play still, and I'll be streaming it, so come check it out! (since you're not playing) http://www.twitch.tv/enkindu

PS3 pads fuck me up - I can't play Siegfried on them at all, nevertheless - I'll add you later for some games if you're on in a bit?
And why should I be proud of being associated with online players who chat shit and have no real experience?
Because some of us don't get to play much offline and yet we still play by the offline rules, but there are a lot that don't want too or chose too because they don't understand how many moves offline can be blocked on reaction but oh well.

Because some of us don't get to play much offline and yet we still play by the offline rules, but there are a lot that don't want too or chose too because they don't understand how many moves offline can be blocked on reaction but oh well.

Pretty much it. I do the standard offline rules. (3 rounds, 60 seconds, Pick random for a stage, no Lag tactics, etc.)

However must people online don't really abide by these rules. Earlier today I fought a sophitia that used constant lag lows (1AB, 1k, etc) and then a mitsu that abused his lag tactics (2kb, 1a, 11a). And it's terribly frustrating when you're playing as Vader since 3A+B seems to lag a bit online preventing the GI or even JI.

Hell I can't even JI grabs online with 6A+B or normally. And vader's 1B+K and 4B seem to be slower than it normally is online.

The plus side is that BB, A+B tech works better online than offline, however 1A+B seems to still catch most people on and offline.

I'm a bit shy to say this, but anyone willing to do Hilde mirror matches with a noob interested in learning her? I know she's banned and all for SCIV, but I want to learn her for SCV in terms of having my mind prepped for her. If so, please PM me. Excuse my intrusion.

Sure, But you might destroy my scrubby Vader >.>

But hey im always looking to fight someone stronger than me. I can learn alot from fighting a person who Knows how to actually press the G button and who doesn't abuse lag.

We can play right now if it's up to you or later since im trying to learn the In's and out's for Rock.
Trying to learn the ins and outs of Rock you say? I could show you a few things. I don't feel like enough people show an interest in the big man.

Trying to learn the ins and outs of Rock you say? I could show you a few things. I don't feel like enough people show an interest in the big man.

Awesome I've been toying with his movelist and I know that 2B+K is amazing. It instantly allows attack counter stuns to be done normally after hit. Meaning 2B+K into 66B is a great set up.

Yeah we should rock mirror so you can teach me a few moves.

Awesome I've been toying with his movelist and I know that 2B+K is amazing. It instantly allows attack counter stuns to be done normally after hit. Meaning 2B+K into 66B is a great set up.

Yeah we should rock mirror so you can teach me a few moves.
If you are hung up on lag tactics, be careful with 2B+K - very easy to GI on reaction offline.

If you are hung up on lag tactics, be careful with 2B+K - very easy to GI on reaction offline.

Well I usually use 2B+K after a run to confuse my opponent when they crouch.

Other than that rock has too many flaws in his move set. His turn-around B+K is slow and easily punished or dodged. He's low tier but not totally unplayable. I just wish he had an Air grab similar to Astaroth's A+G. So far I'm trying to work on his tech traps. I wonder can you tech trap into 236 B+K?

Well I usually use 2B+K after a run to confuse my opponent when they crouch.

Other than that rock has too many flaws in his move set. His turn-around B+K is slow and easily punished or dodged. He's low tier but not totally unplayable. I just wish he had an Air grab similar to Astaroth's A+G. So far I'm trying to work on his tech traps. I wonder can you tech trap into 236 B+K?

Heeeeeeres Johnny is for sure top notch xbl Rock player. I highly suggest you get with him to get some pointers. Hes a good dude an can teach you a few things.

If you feel like rummaging through the low tiers, I can for sure teach you some Maxi. Other than that Ima track you down so we can have "low tier" fights

HRD

If they crouch you mean. =P And its still easily GI'd then - easily Asura'd by Kilik players for that matter.
If you can find a tech trap for 236B+K I would be impressed tbh.
As for Rock's 'tier' - tiers are completely skewed online and only really apply at high level - don't get hung up on it. If however you play at high level offline, Rock is complete ass. Off the top of my head I can only think of Shen Chan and Idlemind who play him very well, though I'm sure there are more somewhere.

He is however a loved underdog - watch this video: listen to the crowd's reaction when Astaroth wins, then when Rock wins XD.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuO4rIAxYSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back