The Apprentice Combo & Tech Trap Discussion

I dont know if everyone already knew this or not but i think i found another tech trap...

1b 2A+B this will launch them if they try to get up

I found that the strongest combo with it was 1b 2A+B A,A,A+B 236B
If you're trying to reserve your force then use 1b 2A+B 66B+K 44B
I dont use this tech trap too often because i try to use it as a surprise, I usually just do 1b, 44b

First post should be updated and I suggest listing tech traps as well.

66K 2A+B is a trap that catches all.

FC 8K:A into 2A+B is also a tech trap.

22B FC 8K:A 2A+B (tech) 66B+K 44B does 130 damage. Was in the video I made.

I would never count on 2A+B8, because you have to buffer in the 8 before you know if they teched or not, thus if they didn't, you'll be at a disadvantage as you hang in the air.

I got some to contribute:

11K(Wall), B+G_A+G - 91/87 (Note: if done right you can get a BT throw which does 91, and if done at an angle you can get a side throw which does 87)

11K(wall), 2A+B, 66B+K, 2A+B - 64
11K(wall), 2A+B, 66B+K, 44B - 63
11K(wall), 2A+B, 66B+K, iFC8K:A - 66
11K(wall), 2A+B, 2A+B, 2A+B, 44K -80

3B(wall), 3K, 6B3B, 3B - 50
3B(wall), 3K, iFC8K:A - 61
3B(wall), 3K, 6BBK - 52

2A+B, 2A+B, 3B - 79
2A+B, 2A+B, 44A - 81
2A+B, 2A+B, 44B - 82
2A+B, 2A+B8 ~ AABB - 94
2A+B, 2A+B8 ~ AA A+B - 96

Hello everyone, it is I, The Apprentice main SamEJIV. Never posted on 8way before but I decided hey why not. Here is one that no one seems to know about.
66A+B, 3K, 1B, 2A+B,(tech) 66B+K, 44B.
If it all hits, it removes just about 52% of the opponents health. A little something for my fellow Apprentice mainers out there. Seek me out and lets have matches!
PSN: SamEJIV

Hello everyone, it is I, The Apprentice main SamEJIV. Never posted on 8way before but I decided hey why not. Here is one that no one seems to know about.
66A+B, 3K, 1B, 2A+B,(tech) 66B+K, 44B.
If it all hits, it removes just about 52% of the opponents health. A little something for my fellow Apprentice mainers out there. Seek me out and lets have matches!
PSN: SamEJIV

you seem to have a sense of being higer than other people....

Well I'm sure he didn't mean to come accross that way, this definitely looks promising though, i'll have to check it out, always down for new Starkiller combos ;)

you seem to have a sense of being higer than other people....

*looks at Demarcus' sig*

"SC4 TOP YODA"

hmmm....

Anyways on topic, a tech trap combo that I sometimes use is 1B, 2A+B, 2A+B8, LV AABB. It does 98 damage and takes 90% of your force, so it's best to do it in the very last round and only for the kill.

*looks at demarcus' sig*

"sc4 top yoda"

hmmm....

Anyways on topic, a tech trap combo that i sometimes use is 1b, 2a+b, 2a+b8, lv aabb. It does 98 damage and takes 90% of your force, so it's best to do it in the very last round and only for the kill.

AYE YOU CANT MESS WITH THE SOUPY EGO!!!

Also i didn't mean tht offensively

I don't know if these been posted before but. A+K, B+K(semi close range), 3B, 8, AABB or AA3A+B
Another one 3B, 8, B+K, 3B(extra hit mostly)
3B, 8, B+K, A+B, 6B, A+B, 6BBK

I just sharing some combos I found even though I think some of them might already been posted.

The last two combos that you mentioned aren't guaranteed, the opponent can air control away after the LV B+K.

Oh well my mistake, I was hoping I might found some new uses for LV B+K. I should remember to keep Air control and Umeki on at all times in training.

Honestly I haven't found any combo-ability from LV B+K, I use it primarily to throw off my opponent, ie escape from an uncancelable move from him and get him while he's stuck. Has anyone found any explicitly good uses for it? Oof?

It's good if you decide to go straight into force levitation while the opponent is still on the ground in front of you, either to evade a move or psyche them out or something.

LV B+K can catch them off guard if they try to do anything, and it tracks really well so they won't be able to step it.

A quick combo :

4A, 33K F, 3B LEV A A B B iFC 8K:A
It seems it's possible to continue with multiple iFC 8K:A but I can't.

PeJ: So many parts of that combo aren't actually a combo.

4A can be shaken so that nothing is guaranteed afterward. Especially if you use a slow move like 33K as the followup.

And iFC8K:A is in no way guaranteed after LEV A,A,B,B hits an airborne opponent. Just hold G off of the ground and block this OR Just Ukemi the last hit of LEV A,A,B,B.

Possibly a one of my fave combos:

44K 8K 6BA+B 6BBK - Not sure of damage, haven't had a chance to look.

This combo has amazing RO potential:

2A+B_3B 8A+K 2A+B

Another Nice combo:

44K 8K 2A+B 8A+K 2A+B

Back