The Basic Mitsurugi

Even though 2A is steppable, it's still a fast TC interrupt, so I don't think it should be discarded... just used with care, knowing what is weaknesses are. Has anyone mentioned 4A yet? It has range, safety and some tracking, and it's speed isn't bad either. 4[A] also gives you a decent transition into MST, given that at tip MST B beats Amy's 6BB...

As far as getting started, I think the most important thing to keep in mind is to start changing your mindset to keeping the pressure on your opponent. Mitsu, like someone posted before, sucks when it comes to punishing even on block. So you want to pressure your opponent with whatever moves you can use as long as you also keep in mind to have a heavy emphasis on the mix-up aspect. Thats Mitsu's bread and butter. To be honest it's all he really has. This includes the stances also, so I would practice on learning how to transition from one to the other and what will get you punished easily if your not careful. Because it is disgustingly easy to punish him if you become predictable or if you give your opponent to much time to think and counter.

Yep, totally agree with greatone...

A static or passive Mitsu is a dead Mitsu.

My tips of the day are:

1) MST A is pretty safe on block, therefore a 2A into throw or 3B mix up game can be applied afterwards.

2) Stance shifting is best done when the opponent is down or getting up, for example: 33A into RLC is great for rising/crouching opponents, and is especially useful when opponents tend to block low whilst rising (they know the 1A routine).

:)

Yep, totally agree with greatone...

A static or passive Mitsu is a dead Mitsu.

My tips of the day are:

1) MST A is pretty safe on block, therefore a 2A into throw or 3B mix up game can be applied afterwards.

2) Stance shifting is best done when the opponent is down or getting up, for example: 33A into RLC is great for rising/crouching opponents, and is especially useful when opponents tend to block low whilst rising (they know the 1A routine).

:)

About your number 2... if you hit with :(3)::(A): about your only option is RLC :B:, personally though I'd rather use it expecting it to get blocked because from there RLC :(A): beats out anything as far as I know and many try attacking directly after blocking that attack... also not that I use it but :6::(A): is probably interchangeable with :(3)::(A):.

33_99[A] seems much better than 6[A]. After 33_99[A], RLC A is difficult to beat out, but after 6[A], RLC A trades with i18. Not to mention that 33_99[A] seems to have better coverage and so on. On CH 33_99[A] near a wall or the ring edge, RLC dash into RLC [A+B] has sometimes been effective for me.

About your number 2... if you hit with :(3)::(A): about your only option is RLC :B:, personally though I'd rather use it expecting it to get blocked because from there RLC :(A): beats out anything as far as I know and many try attacking directly after blocking that attack... also not that I use it but :6::(A): is probably interchangeable with :(3)::(A):.

33_99[A] is a really useful tool as the options afterwards really pressurises the opponent.

My options:

33_99A - no need to cancel as it doesn't go into stance. If it hits, it allows you to go into a standard low or mid mix up or tech trap game.

33_99[A~G] - Great for waiting opponents, as the Cancel allows you to go into a standard low or mid mix up or tech trap game.

If 33_99[A] hits, you could try the RLC rush game into Auto-GI game as most ws moves hit mid.

Don't forget the RLC A+B charges or the RLC K Baiting game (into RLC A or Auto-GI) or switching into MST.

Just try to be creative. :)

33_99[A] is a really useful tool as the options afterwards really pressurises the opponent.

My options:

33_99[a] - no need to cancel as it doesn't go into stance. If it hits, it allows you to go into a standard low or mid mix up or tech trap game.

33_99[A~G] - Great for waiting opponents, as the Cancel allows you to go into a standard low or mid mix up or tech trap game.

If 33_99[A] hits, you could try the RLC rush game into Auto-GI game as most ws moves hit mid.

Don't forget the RLC A+B charges or the RLC K Baiting game (into RLC A or Auto-GI) or switching into MST.

Just try to be creative. :)

Just an fyi, standard entry for a horizontal that isn't held is just A , not [a] as you have it.... the brackets imply it's being held...
thus A = :A: and [A] = :(A):

MST A turns opponent on block, so since there are no _slow_ moves from BT its a GI-trap.

edit: no SLOW moves from BT, sorry =)

Back