The Cepheus Store thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
People here get really anal about "living a tournament lifestyle", following it's written rules and unwritten but easily observed social rules. It's pretty much "HNGHRHRH HITBOXES FRAMES FRAMES FRAMES ZOMG WAA"

I've noticed that kind of tension while lurking, naturally that's going to happen in discussion of any topic where competition is central. I've seen that same message in different posts dozens of times, I guess today was when it hit home. Oh well, I'd wanted to create an account anyway. Good excuse.

More on topic, I've been wondering what steps would be involved in making the clothes fit better. I'm referring to the way certain items, for example the hunter's sash-thing 'levitates' around the character it is placed on, especially if that character is a female with the chest option set to maximum. Yes, really. I am a man, after all.

Never seen a CaS being the cause of a whiff that hasn't happened with a normal character.

However I have seen a CaS Siegfried hit me with shit they should have whiffed.

I've noticed that kind of tension while lurking, naturally that's going to happen in discussion of any topic where competition is central. I've seen that same message in different posts dozens of times, I guess today was when it hit home. Oh well, I'd wanted to create an account anyway. Good excuse.

More on topic, I've been wondering what steps would be involved in making the clothes fit better. I'm referring to the way certain items, for example the hunter's sash-thing 'levitates' around the character it is placed on, especially if that character is a female with the chest option set to maximum. Yes, really. I am a man, after all.
The upper torso covering floats pretty much no matter what if you have torso equipment on (any kind of shirt). If you want it with minimal floating you'll have to sacrifice the torso equipment.
Never seen a CaS being the cause of a whiff that hasn't happened with a normal character.

However I have seen a CaS Siegfried hit me with shit they should have whiffed.
Then you're very lucky.

The reason CaS is usually called a casual thing is because CaS characters have really screwed up hitboxes. Attacks go right through them at times whereas if it were the normal character it would have hit. The height adjustment makes this issue even worse than it was in SCIV.

^
This is why i only custom the original char models only.
Plus why use a CaS when Pyrrha is already perfect. :C

Really? o.o By no means was I making a claim. At least, I wasn't attacking a group in particular. I threw it out there because I thought he might not care about the mode, which is absolutely fine. As far as casual and compasual goes, I threw both in there because you are more likely to see a CaS made by the two of them than you are to see one from a competitive player, and the latter could care less (most of the time), which again, is perfectly fine.

^ This is why i only custom the original char models only. :C
Yeah, I only really use my original CaS' when my opponent approves it because I hate the CaS hitboxes even if they're the recommended height. I'll only use the CaS characters expecting screwed up crap to happen and pure inconsistency.

Really? o.o By no means was I making a claim. At least, I wasn't attacking a group in particular. I threw it out there because I thought he might not care about the mode, which is absolutely fine. As far as casual and compasual goes, I threw both in there because you are more likely to see a CaS made by the two of them than you are to see one from a competitive player, and the latter could care less (most of the time), which again, is perfectly fine.

I understand. I've just been hearing a lot of similar claims (usually much more hostile and biased than yours) lately and it got to me. Although, I should hope someone in connection to PS would be concerned with the game as a whole, including all of its modes and such.

^

and on another note on this Cepheus Store thread ...
everyone hate that gaint bow on the dress right?
yeah fuck bows and anyone who looks like one.

so who's excited for the new armor in the thumbnails from the last cs pack? I was getting a little annoyed since there isn't a lot we can do with armor we have now, and the only DLC packs we've been getting have been either fanservicey or anachronistic (not that I have a problem with either, it's just not what I'm looking for)

I've been lurking this thread as well as this forum since the time when SCV came out, and I have to admit, seeing this comment finally drove me to create an account. Now, not to sound hostile, but I have to strongly disagree with this statement. There's nothing about Creation that defines it for use by casual or part casual players. I can understand the reasons behind your claim, likely that a more competitive player would use the time a casual player might use making a character to practice, but that is not universally true.

What difference does it make who the character I'm playing competitively with is, if I'm still playing competitively?

Its all about your group. To those who want to dig out every single bit of frame data and hitbox windows, customs throw monkey wrenches into the math. Which means, to them, that those who play with customs can't be as technically accurate as playing with the unaltered character and so must be more casual than pros.

I wouldn't take it personally, I certainly don't because in a sense that if you want to absolutely master the game, to a tournament level standard, they're correct. But if your group, like mine, has more fun just seeing what they can come up with and just playing the game for fun then that is fine too, and you can still get very good at the game doing it.

yeah fuck bows and anyone who looks like one.

so who's excited for the new armor in the thumbnails from the last cs pack? I was getting a little annoyed since there isn't a lot we can do with armor we have now, and the only DLC packs we've been getting have been either fanservicey or anachronistic (not that I have a problem with either, it's just not what I'm looking for)

I am jumping all over that Bronze armor

where? where?? WHERE??? link? O.O

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/link/link.jpg

JK! Here are the new items:

afFsZ.png

Kind of looks like the male equivalent of the Voodoo items. o3o The rest can probably be unisex but I'm betting the BP is male only like the Voodoo BP is female only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back