The Cepheus Store thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Patroklos is Link and my Pyrrha is Zelda. It fits to a T. thats not a t thats a CAPITAL T. Patroklos is looking for Pyrrha, Link is looking for Zelda. They make a romantic scene when they are together but you never see them bang (both) and the weapons fit...

I may be a minority here but i usually prefer making new outfits for the original chars rather than new chars (imo CAS voice and behavior feels so artificial and soulless to me)
What bothers me though, is that you cant put stickers on their bodies. This would easily be my wish No1 for CAS.
I do that too~
The main reason is because of the camera work that and I like to focus on one or two originals~

Which reminds me: I miss Voice 4 from SCIV. If they add voices from previous games for the CaS characters, I'd replace Cold Assassin with the one I gave him in IV. It not only sounded badass, it actually had emotion behind it.

"Surrendering won't help. I'll still kill you!" Not the best quote ever, but still made me feel awesome...
The voices should come back for variety but there are similar concepts in SCIV voices than the voices in SCV which tell you which character type they're used for: These are just my opinion though.

Male Voice 1: Young Knight; Yuri Lowenthal's voice as Patroklos is pretty much the same here as Male Voice 1, albeit more noticeable with the mellowed out Yuri Lowenthal. I swear the "Justice" Patroklos and Male Voice 1 shout is the same but if you're remaking a Male Voice 1 character, Young Knight is the best to go for it.
Male Voice 2: Scoundrel, which is less serious. The scoundrel sounds like an idiot in Japanese and Male Voice 2 sounded rather feminine.
Male Voice 3: Young Villager.
Male Voice 4: Reliable Leader which doesn't have the "Effort doesn't equal victory dumbass."
Male Voice 5: Main Bad Guy is the closest dialogue-wise or maybe the Male Superhuman. D. C. Douglas' voice here was basically the same as Wesker's(or maybe that I'm only familiar with him through MvC3 and he may sound different in his home game series)
Male Voice 6(Rock): Veteran Knight

Female Voice 1(Scheherazade): Upbeat Girl
Female Voice 2(Kamikirimusi): Reliable Leader (Female) who has similar shouts or Serious.
Female Voice 3(Ashlotte): Young Lady or Serious with similar lines and tone.
Female Voice 4(Amy): Cynical.
Female Voice 5(Shura): Femme Fatale
Female Voice 6(Angol Fear): Veteran Knight Female or Super Human Female.

But returning voices would definitely be welcome, maybe because I am not very fond of the male voices which essentially list a vocation rather than the female voices stating a personality type.

^At least you didn't say "Effort doesn't equal victory dumbass!" I hated that quote so much!

Sounds douchie, right? :P

But returning voices would definitely be welcome, maybe because I am not very fond of the male voices which essentially list a vocation rather than the female voices stating a personality type.

Not only that, but the pitch/tone. I still don't understand why altering it at all makes them sound like they're speaking through pipes or talking through fans.

The scoundrel sounds like an idiot in Japanese.

THIS! -___- I swear, every time I hear that voice, I cringe at the sound of "EEEEEEE!!" *hit* and "EWWWAAAA!!" *death cry*. What in the fuck, seriously? It's one of those voices that's better in English too.

sc.png

Pretty sure suuperhuman is Ivy's voice actor... because when I was fighting a super human it sounded exactly like Ivy...
Actually, the female Superhuman voice is done by Cindy Robinson. Ivy's is Lani Minella. They sound similar, but it's not the same person.

As far as Voice DLC goes, I really would like all the SC4 voices(maybe excluding Yuri Lowenthal's) to be brought back. Also, as overly-sexual as it was, I kind of miss Female Voice 5(Shura). I think it's just because Karen Strassman is one of my favorite voice actresses.
The Femme Fatale voice, while decent, doesn't have the same viciousness that Voice 5 did. It was perfect for evil female characters. That is, of course, if you want them to be sexual as well.

But before they do that, they have got to fix the pitch/tone sliders. They should just revert back to one slider like in SC4.

I actually like the SC5's voice slider~ When you choose voices like hm...Main bad guy, if you adjust it correctly yo can make it sound like a young man~and it sounds pretty great...sure you can hear abit of teh robotic voice but hey not bad~

xXSoulcaliburXx, the fact is the range you can change it before things become robotic is like 5 points, and then it all goes to hell... in SCIV we didnt have these issues... and honestly I don't really have these issues with the japanese voices, as far as I can tell, but the english voices are RUINED (BTW I can't tell the difference between robot japanese and normal japanese, they are very robotic people after all)

[quote="Neo_Remirez, post: 507942, member: 9070(BTW I can't tell the difference between robot japanese and normal japanese, they are very robotic people after all)[/quote]
Ouch. XP Yeah I understand what you mean~ Im sure in the next game theyll perfect or make it better~

Sounds douchie, right? :P

Not only that, but the pitch/tone. I still don't understand why altering it at all makes them sound like they're speaking through pipes or talking through fans.

THIS! -___- I swear, every time I hear that voice, I cringe at the sound of "EEEEEEE!!" *hit* and "EWWWAAAA!!" *death cry*. What in the fuck, seriously? It's one of those voices that's better in English too.
He sounds like a dying kitten in Japanese during one of his hit cries.

A little late, but I want to talk about the unisex items. The thing is females get exclusive items yet guys share everything. This is damn sexist, just think what would happen if it was the opposite!

The reason CaS is usually called a casual thing is because CaS characters have really screwed up hitboxes. Attacks go right through them at times whereas if it were the normal character it would have hit. The height adjustment makes this issue even worse than it was in SCIV.
That's why I always try to give them the same height as their style, unless it clashes with the design (e.g. a dwarf or a small girl).

^
This is why i only custom the original char models only.
I hate seeing character edits that don't fit the character, it makes my rage sometimes :<

In my quest to make a CAS of an actual human being, I am now convinced that I do not have nearly enough options. Half of the male faces are the same, and the other half are technically Lizardmen.

LizBello.

Regarding voices, there's one quote I'd like to change:

"This'll be...
good
"

Wow. Great adjective there. I can really feel your passion and confidence flowing through that choice of words. I commend you on your excellent and vast vocabulary! Truly, you're the most worthy word-smith I've ever had the shear unmitigated pleasure of being in the presence of. Oh great poet, where doth thee get thine inspirational, motivational lines from? Please tell us, the lesser mortals, how you crafted such a beautifully emotional sentence, whilst in the midst of a heart-pounding chaotic battle! Oh great master of the spoken word, indulge us, the glib-tongued Luddites who cannot grasp the complex genius of your prose. Teach us, that we might become acolytes of the great, overwhelming force that is the wordplay you express.

Or read a fucking dictionary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back