The Cepheus Store thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want any 1p parts from SCIV. They where all ugly. Maybe not Cassandra and Sophie's 1p outfits.

I'd much prefer character outfits from SCIII.

What would be really cool is updated versions of outfits from Soulblade and Soulcalibur for the throwback.

Gotta agree with this, most of the outfits in SC4 were kind of an eye sore. Or maybe that was due to all the saturation and how the models were giant, thick, plump, juicy, overly sexualized messes. I do like a couple of them sure, but the rest were bland or overly revealing. I loved SCII outfits as well, i would love to have everyone's clothing from that game.

Taki's SCIV tights were the best she ever had IMO.

I think the SCV pack cost less than the others because they already had those parts made. The others may have cost them extra development time, so they had to charge more. Just my speculation.

Hey gals and guys, I want to inform everyone that I've stopped playing this game.
Not interesting enough to keep me playing... And that's a lot coming from an avid SC fan.
They should've made this game like SCIII. I totally (and I'm not even exaggerating) played that game
until my PS2 broke. There was so much to do in that game... that it didn't need "updates." I missed those
days when you know you're paying a good sum of money for a damn good game.

Also, I did not purchase the crap that were recently released. I was going to buy the Tekken pack
for the sake of my Lei, but she should suffer now that the game sucks. I will not tolerate baby-ing her
until I get my money's worth back. WTF

There is so much PvP FIGHTING to be had in this game so I don't see the point of bitching about lack of singleplayer modes. Either way adios compadre.

I like the SCIV 2p outfits. I would love to have unisex dueler boots, Hilde's dress (not unisex), Sieg's armour (unisex), and some others I'm forgetting right now.
Seigfrieds SCIII armor was amazing. All his SCIV stuff pales in comparison.

Real talk, the Story mode in SC3 made me wanna kill myself. QTE's? Weird difficulty? Nahhh.

Also plz buy stuff so that PS can do SC6 and it can have more ppls in it

I don't want any 1p parts from SCIV. They where all ugly. Maybe not Cassandra and Sophie's 1p outfits.

I'd much prefer character outfits from SCIII.

What would be really cool is updated versions of outfits from Soulblade and Soulcalibur for the throwback.

I agree with Reave and Taffertier. A lot of the SCIV 1P outfits looked ugly. The only ones I liked and would like to see return are...
-Maxi's 1P (It was nice to see they made him a brand new outfit and I actually like this one the most followed by his SCIII & SCV ones. I loved the pants the most but the top was awesome too. I'd love to see it return.)
-Xianghua's 1P (I know it was just a remake of her SC 3rd outfit but the details looked beautiful. I'd love to see this one make comeback as well.)
-Yun-Seong's 1P (Yeah, it was a little too Caribbean-like for him but I thought the outfit as a whole was pretty nice. I could definitely put it to good use on a CAS. I especially loved the bandana with the beaded braids and shoes.)
-Hilde's 1P (That was some awesome looking armor!)
-Taki's 1P (I loved the added fishnet details to her bodysuit.)

The rest were just bleh to me. I've said before and I'll keep saying it, would love to see outfits from SCIII, SCII, & SC be DLC. Hell, even SE/SB would be cool to see for nostalgia purposes. I think the earlier games in term of outfit designs were at their best until SCIV.

And yeah, I understand why they would include Tekken and it's all good. Just because I'm not interested in them (except for Xiaoyu's) doesn't mean that they shouldn't have made them. A lot of people are having fun using them so that's all that matters. IF they really are going to dip into Tekken parts, I'd love to see outfits from Anna (Her chinese dresses from T2/3 & T5/6, Lei Wulong, Marshal Law, and Lili be DLC.

And I agree on the Sigfried comment. I think his SCIII armour looked great! I especially loved his 2P.

Swagfried.jpg

And I agree on the Sigfried comment. I think his SCIII armour looked great! I especially loved his 2P.

I think Siegfried's 2P in SCIII is a contender for the best costume in the entire series. I cant think of many others that are as good as it. The griffon theme, the color scheme, his hair style, his weapon, the design, the shirt, boots, scarf and gloves, it was all so well put together. It was incredibly detailed and ornate, without being too over the top. Personally my favorite costume in the series. SCIII had some awesome costumes in general though.

Hey gals and guys, I want to inform everyone that I've stopped playing this game.
Not interesting enough to keep me playing... And that's a lot coming from an avid SC fan.
They should've made this game like SCIII. I totally (and I'm not even exaggerating) played that game
until my PS2 broke. There was so much to do in that game... that it didn't need "updates." I missed those
days when you know you're paying a good sum of money for a damn good game.

Also, I did not purchase the crap that were recently released. I was going to buy the Tekken pack
for the sake of my Lei, but she should suffer now that the game sucks. I will not tolerate baby-ing her
until I get my money's worth back. WTF
I pretty much agree with this.
I'm still playing the game because of the character creation, but that's about it, really.
SC3 had so much single-player content that I was rarely ever bored playing it. I still play it from time to time. After SC3, single-player content has been severely lacking.

I pretty much agree with this.
I'm still playing the game because of the character creation, but that's about it, really.
SC3 had so much single-player content that I was rarely ever bored playing it. I still play it from time to time. After SC3, single-player content has been severely lacking.
Playing any fighting game for the single player is a lost cause... To be honest, I sick of running in that "Guy" who can create Sonic & Mario but completely suck at the game.

Playing any fighting game for the single player is a lost cause... To be honest, I sick of running in that "Guy" who can create Sonic & Mario but completely suck at the game.

Technically BlazBlue Continuum Shift: Extend actually has a very interesting story, it's up to par on Movie/JRPG levels and has many, many fighting modes exclusive to single player, but then again it's a 2D Fighting game with questionable animations.

Anyway, does anyone have a list of all the new gear and what is Male / Female / Unisex?

A
Technically BlazBlue Continuum Shift: Extend actually has a very interesting story, it's up to par on Movie/JRPG levels and has many, Many fighting modes exclusive to single player, but then again it's a 2D Fighting game with questionable animations.

Anyway, does anyone have a list of all the new gear and what is Male / Female / Unisex?
Agreed, BlazBlue story is by far the most entertaining of all fighting games. But my point being, a fighting games story mode will not out last an action or RPG game. So, playing a fighting game for the single player will have you bored with the game in a matter of days.

A
Agreed, BlazBlue story is by far the most entertaining of all fighting games. But my point being, a fighting games story mode will not out last an action or RPG game. So, playing a fighting game for the single player will have you bored with the game in a matter of days.
And yet, as I stated before, I'm still entertained by Soul Calibur III 7 years later.

And yet, as I stated before, I'm still entertained by Soul Calibur III 7 years later.

I loved 3 just because of Chronicles of the Sword mode. That and the creation mode is what kept me coming back to it.

If they had that in 5 while still maintaining all the mechanics and balance, i would call SCV one of the best games of all time. SCIII did it and i was like "It's a fighter with a pretty long and detailed RTS side-story mode, one that you can take your own creations on"? This is unbelievable! It blew my mind when i first played it, i thought why dont all fighters allow something like this? You could even battle individually with your creations on the battlefield when they engaged the enemy army! As opposed to simply watching them auto attack HP off. It's like you got to do the whole RTS map thing, controlling units and taking buildings, WHILE still being able to enjoy the fighting game aspect! It was genius. Heck, to this day it blows my mind and i wonder why it wasnt brought back.

Man i cant even imagine how cool it would be to take my creations on that adventure again with these updated graphics, and the ability to put default outfits on them. It would be beyond godlike, I'd pay top dollar for something like that in SCV.

Not to go off topic but, Mortal Kombat gots the best story, that is all.
I will agree that its story mode is the best. The story has always had huge gaping plot holes though and parts are poorly written. Like, how is it that everyone doesn't notice Mileena's glowing yellow eyes when they confuse her for Kitana?

SC's story would've been better than MK's, if they had been given enough time to actually complete it. Then maybe we'd have had the whole thing CG rendered instead of conceptual storyboards, and all the characters would've gotten a chapter and maybe even arcade endings. After what PS put out with SC3 and 4, and considering they were given more money than ever to do 5, I can't believe the poor offering we got wasn't completely due to the unrealistic time constraint Namco imposed upon them rather than them just suddenly forgetting how to make a video game.

Anyway, single player content bores me too. I played through MK's story once and was like, "That was cool, now I know why everyone's fighting and their motivations and personalities. Now let's fight real people." And I did the tower, once, just to get the outfit for my main. (If she weren't, I doubt I'd have grinded through those stupid, frustrating, arbitrary challenges). Now it's just online multiplayer for me. IMO, no matter how much SPC they give you, it all ultimately fails because the AI always sucks or is exploitable in some way.

I will say, some times i dont mind when my armor breaks. Like when i'm playing Hilde. When her armor breaks it makes her look like she got back from an awesome epic battle. Her luscious lips glistening in the light and her bouncy luxurious hair flowing in the wind, with pieces of her armor still attached. Her boot is still there along with the leg armor on the other side, her swag fur scarf covering her neck giving the look a touch of class while still being tough and practical, and her chest plate remains as well, making it look like she only narrowly avoided defeat, just to emerge triumphant. It looks seriously awesome.
Hilde armor-less.jpg

However...

When your CaS stuff breaks all of it comes off and it's like "Surprise you look retarded!"

I will agree that its story mode is the best. The story has always had huge gaping plot holes though and parts are poorly written. Like, how is it that everyone doesn't notice Mileena's glowing yellow eyes when they confuse her for Kitana?

You forgot the part where the writers went, and I quote:

Writer A: Oh shit! Everyone is still alive, and it's almost the end of the final act! What are we gonna do?!

Writer B: Shiiiiiiit...WAIT. Is Sindel alive? Or did we kill her yet?

Writer C: Nah, we just brought her back like 2 minutes ago.

Writer B: Arright, you know how the player just fought through the stories of like every one of these characters? Had them overcome impossible fights and shrug off brutal blows?

Writer A: Right, exactly.

Writer B: Let's have Sindel kill most of them with like 2 or 3 kicks each. In 1 cutscene.

Writer A/Writer C: YES.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back