The future of Soul Calibur

What should be the focus of the next game?

• Continue the story following the events of SCV

Votes: 88 50.6%
  • Fill in the story with events from between SCIV and SCV

Votes: 47 27.0%
  • Reboot of the series starting with SE

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • Prequel before the events of SE

Votes: 9 5.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We will see a Soul Calibur VI, but we probably won't see our favorite characters in SCVI.
Well, I moved on. But I think that's the issue between some people around here - and it's not like they are wrong in the first place.

Quick question, but how would you feel if Pyrrha didn't make it in the next game? >=)
I wouldn't care. One less bad matchup (I don't care what Heaton says, no way Sieg v Pyrrha is 6:4 for Sieg.)
You do realize VF was very popular in Japan but has never had much of a US fanbase right? About your other point, how is a stupid character ending "rewarding" at all? I get rewarded when I see "You win" on the screen after a match. 95% of the character endings aren't even canon in SF, Tekken, or Soul Calibur. What's the point of something non canon even being there if you care about the story so much? If it isn't canon it doesn't add anything. It's just wasting disk space that could have been used for another stage or CaS parts for those who like that. Watching a 1 minute character ending didn't make me want to get better at SC, having fun and playing with my friends did.

Watching a 1 minute character ending didn't make me want to get better at SC, having fun and playing with my friends did.

I have two problems with that statement. 1) Like you said, its a fucking one minute animation. How hard can that be to add? You can argue that things were rushed, but to me it just looks like laziness. It was an interesting way to learn about your character, and just because you didn't enjoy it, doesn't mean other people didn't.

2) I had even more fun playing this game with my friends when there were more things to do than dressing up my characters in CaS and playing VS. The game modes that first got me into this game are gone for absolutely no reason.

And on the subject of missing characters, yes, its probably not the best idea to get too attached to pixels. But if you're going to replace iconic characters in a series that a person might've grown up with its probably a good idea to make sure that they're at least likable. The story is pretty ass now anyways. When it gets good i'll accept characters being replaced for story reasons. Even if Natsu has kind of grown on me, I would still take Taki not aging over some bullshit reason over her, especially since Patroklos is time traveling now.

I have fun with these people whining. =)

SC5 is an awesome game, had good sales and for sure we will have a Soul Calibur 6 in the future. Stop crying.
2d8616f4.gif

PS:My English sucks, I know. =D
Maybe 1.3 million copies is already a good sell, but Namco was expecting to sell at least 2 million on SCV. And they only got 1.3 million they did not make money on this game, I was expecting for SCVI at first too, but SCV did not let the company earn money, and on the other hand tekken is letting this company making huge incomes, so they are putting more effert in it. It's all about money, SCV is an awsome game and I agree with that, but it did not let the company make money, that's why a lot of people doubt there will be a SCVI.

Consumer's disapproval. If that's the case, you disapprove about EVERYTHING, and I mean everything. Even if it isn't about SC and it's about Tekken and DOA. Yes, you do that and you've done it today.

SCV may have its faults, but not everything about this game is horrible.

Consumer's disapproval. If that's the case, you disapprove about EVERYTHING, and I mean everything. Even if it isn't about SC and it's about Tekken and DOA. Yes, you do that and you've done it today.

SCV may have its faults, but not everything about this game is horrible.
Surely I don't stand out for stating the same things that everyone else has at least once, I may go into detail to why I may hate some aspects but that IS what you're supposed to do when aiming to give legitament complaints. Thats the difference. I have stated what I liked about SC5 though it be very little and I admit to it. Not that much was accomplished with this sequel sadly but shouldn't be a surprise if they are talked about when asked. I at the least give reason rather then just obnoxious hate.

Maybe people wouldn't assume all you do is bitch about SCV if 95% of your posts weren't you bitching about SCV. Each game has their flaw but damn, if I hated the game that much I would just move on with my life and play something else. I wouldn't bother posting about how I feel the series should be. It would just be a ton of posts about me wanting balanced risk/reward.

I wouldn't care. One less bad matchup (I don't care what Heaton says, no way Sieg v Pyrrha is 6:4 for Sieg.)
I guess I was wrong about you. I thought you loved her but it's all a lie.
Pyrrha: I'm sorry I wasn't good enough for you Solo. (Runs away crying).
Two mins later...
Omega Pyrrha: It's all a lie! I'll kill you Solo!
*True story of how Pyrrha became Omega.

Back to the thread at hand, I will always be a fan of the series. There's no other fighter that's like this one and I've grown attached to it. Through good and bad, I will be there and when SCVI comes out, I'll be there to get it. If there's a future with SCVI or SCVII or SCX, I WILL be there. That is all I have to say about my future and SC series. The Legend Will Never Die.
And this series IS A LEGEND.

Maybe 1.3 million copies is already a good sell, but Namco was expecting to sell at least 2 million on SCV. And they only got 1.3 million they did not make money on this game, I was expecting for SCVI at first too, but SCV did not let the company earn money, and on the other hand tekken is letting this company making huge incomes, so they are putting more effert in it. It's all about money, SCV is an awsome game and I agree with that, but it did not let the company make money, that's why a lot of people doubt there will be a SCVI.

I do not know if it's true what they expected to sell more than 2 million.

The game was made in a short time and with a short budget, the game had its time reduced production in the middle of the development and had to deal with a saturated market (many fighting games in a short period). Guess they did not expect to sell 2 million. 2 million is a lot for a fighting game, I think that neither TTT2 will sell both.

I think that sales will not influence the continuation of serie.A namco had a significant increase in total sales from 2011 to 2012 (SC5 was the best selling game of them in this period), it would be stupid to abandon a series famous and lucrative right now that market for fighting games is on the rise.

Hearing the same arguments and debates aside, getting back on the actual "topic" of the future of the SC series, I'm hoping they do what they should have done for SCV, A COMPLETE REBOOT! As a huge fan of this series, I just don't think theres a way to continue on with the current telling of the tale. I think New characters and fighting styles need to be brought it, a New direction for the story (for those into that), New game modes including TAG. And for the love of all things holy, NO MORE TOWER OF SOULS or whatever stupid "challenge" modes they keep putting into these games! But either way, I doubt Namco/Bandai really listens to its fans so its not like I'm really expecting this to happen.

--Edit--

If we communicate effectively with Namco, SC6 will be a great game.

All of us like SCV's gameplay? Improve then include it in 6.

All of us like 2&3's modes? Improve then include it in 6.

All of us like These characters? Throw them hoes in 6.

I know it will be A LOT more complicated than this, but it's an example.

Before you bitch, realize that I'm aware that 'all' of us are different, I don't expect 'all' of us to agree on everything. And that's ok, but 'all' of us will have to agree on somethings when SC6's development comes.

Hearing the same arguments and debates aside, getting back on the actual "topic" of the future of the SC series, I'm hoping they do what they should have done for SCV, A COMPLETE REBOOT! As a huge fan of this series, I just don't think theres a way to continue on with the current telling of the tale. I think New characters and fighting styles need to be brought it, a New direction for the story (for those into that), New game modes including TAG. And for the love of all things holy, NO MORE TOWER OF SOULS or whatever stupid "challenge" modes they keep putting into these games! But either way, I doubt Namco/Bandai really listens to its fans so its not like I'm really expecting this to happen.
I doubt they'd scrap everything created in SC5, and believe it or not some people like these shitty new characters... but at most they need to remodel some; edit and rewrite alliances and bring back every character to the roster like Tekken had recently done. They also hopefully need to go back to their previous track records with content. *Tales of Souls / Soul Arena (Featuring higher level challenges like SC3's minigames or tower of souls...) / Weapon Master (accesable for all characters - potentially a tutorial mode mixed with a challenge mode) and some original mode that features CAS characters and their own adventure. Sounds like a lot to pack the game with but It WILL be possible if Namco lets the, do it. PS never rushes anything from laziness. Never.

I do not know if it's true what they expected to sell more than 2 million.

The game was made in a short time and with a short budget, the game had its time reduced production in the middle of the development and had to deal with a saturated market (many fighting games in a short period). Guess they did not expect to sell 2 million. 2 million is a lot for a fighting game, I think that neither TTT2 will sell both.

I think that sales will not influence the continuation of serie.A namco had a significant increase in total sales from 2011 to 2012 (SC5 was the best selling game of them in this period), it would be stupid to abandon a series famous and lucrative right now that market for fighting games is on the rise.
Well... it's on the news in Japan and I think it's still there. People are pretty mad about this game for certain reason, well basiclly it's just those reasons..... characters, story, fighting system ( well maybe not that much on fighting system but some.) ect. These are some complains from Japan and other countries. People really want them to make another SC game, but the possibility would be pretty low.

I'm fine with the character herself but when your so mindless you can just use 4 moves to win it gets a tad bit annoying. 5 games straight of these bad match ups and every game they get worse either because S&S got buffed or the effects of the Sieg nerfs from the last version of the game. Sieg has literally been getting nerfed since SCI.

I'm fine with the character herself but when your so mindless you can just use 4 moves to win it gets a tad bit annoying. 5 games straight of these bad match ups and every game they get worse either because S&S got buffed or the effects of the Sieg nerfs from the last version of the game. Sieg has literally been getting nerfed since SCI.
I understand how you feel. (>P_P) Raphael's unfortunate fate was to get hit with a million nerfs as well. It's so bad, not even Soul Edge wants to use his fighting style lol.
*Btw, I saw your match against Fenris. That... was pretty awesome lol.

Well... it's on the news in Japan and I think it's still there. People are pretty mad about this game for certain reason, well basiclly it's just those reasons..... characters, story, fighting system ( well maybe not that much on fighting system but some.) ect. These are some complains from Japan and other countries. People really want them to make another SC game, but the possibility would be pretty low.
If this was in the news, Namco better pay attention right away. They really need to listen to the fans and invest in SC much as they do with Tekken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back