The Guard Impact thread...

yea i also confirmed this yesterday, playing ONLINE actually; japan seems to have a great network for sc4 (or something) and the lag is minimal at MOST. it's extremely impressive.

so yea, now you don't just gi, but gi and buffer a_b. easy enough.

If only North America would get rid of their copper lines and go strictly Fiber Optic like Japan.

I haven't played online yet... but peoples reviews of the game are making me not want to...

By the way, the GI window is smaller than SC2, slightly smaller than SC3... I think its about the same window of SC1... which requires a lot better timing, but I love it!

I'm pretty happy that the GI window is smaller, but due to the fact that you can't GI throws and the timing for a normal GI is almost the same as a JF-GI, it seems a lot more rewarding to pull off a GI. The buffering system in SC4 is definitely different, but it's still viable. All in all, I think GI's are better now. Before SC4 it seemed like everyone and their mother was pulling them off no problem...not the case in this.

After watching that video, adding the Soul Gauge makes a lot more sense now.
Yeah, Nothing quite as boring as a GI match till time runs out *guard guard GI GI GI GI GI guard guard guard* BORING.

Soul Guage and the new GI timing is the best thing that could ever happen to SC in my opinion.

I'm having a lot of trouble getting my GI's off online due to latency issues. It makes spammers irritating since I would normally just GI that nonsense, but it's not working to well for me online right now and it's quite frustrating.
How effective have you guys found GI's to be while playing online?

so what your saying is that the throw is guaranteed after the guard impact if not is anything guaranteed after.

They could still break the throw. You are only really safe if you Just GI though because then the only options they have are to Just GI back or eat the attack but throws are still 50/50

playing offline it isn't hard to duck throws on reaction...hell gi whiffing is the only time i'm really vulnerable to them. just duck/jump that shit like you shoulda been doing all along.

You mean anticipate throws, not duck them on reaction as if it were a low and you were ducking it...

Yeah, Nothing quite as boring as a GI match till time runs out *guard guard GI GI GI GI GI guard guard guard* BORING.

What matches have you been watching? Must be scrubs because unless their being predictable, people shouldnt be getting re-GI'd and if they keep blocking, they must not be mixing it up well unless they can see lows on reaction everytime.

They could still break the throw. You are only really safe if you Just GI though because then the only options they have are to Just GI back or eat the attack but throws are still 50/50

that makes sense i havnt gotten a chance to play much but the just impacts seem hard to do online but maybe i just suck.

(I am NOT talking about online game).

I've been testing this today, every time one of my attacks was GI'ed, my opponent did a Throw, and i wanted to duck, 2+G, and i couldn't.

So, if my enemy GI me and inmediatly trows...
-throws can't be GI'ed back, i like that.
-after a GI, you can't duck a throw.

Are my only options to be fast and guess 50/50 if it as A+G or B+G ??
Am i doing something wrong? (am i wrong and they can be ducked?)
Are there other options after the one who GIed me does a throw? can i sidestep or do some other move?

I'm really confused, and i play in my friend's house, so i have no practice mode, i can play things in hard matches :D
Thanks

omfg
http://www.8wayrun.com/f21/patch-information-thread-t686/
System Changes:
* + You can Just Impact throws.

-So, out of the box you can´t Just Impact throws, and after being GI'ed you can't duck an inmediate throw.
-And in the 1.03 you can Just Impact throws (so we are back to series like GI, GI back, GI back, GI back if good timming, as seen in the youtube video Ruko posted...)

I didn't have 1.03, but in teory i would say i don't like it, because i liked to stop the GI,GI,GI games with a throw, but i would like to be able to crouch them or siddestep or do something besides try to scape.
Right now i don't know how to upgrade the game (i'm in Europe, Spain) but i don't know if i want to either...
This thread should be 2 threads then, Guard Impact before 1.03 and after 1.03

omfg
http://www.8wayrun.com/f21/patch-information-thread-t686/

-So, out of the box you can´t Just Impact throws, and after being GI'ed you can't duck an inmediate throw.
-And in the 1.03 you can Just Impact throws (so we are back to series like GI, GI back, GI back, GI back if good timming, as seen in the youtube video Ruko posted...)

I didn't have 1.03, but in teory i would say i don't like it, because i liked to stop the GI,GI,GI games with a throw, but i would like to be able to crouch them or siddestep or do something besides try to scape.
Right now i don't know how to upgrade the game (i'm in Europe, Spain) but i don't know if i want to either...
This thread should be 2 threads then, Guard Impact before 1.03 and after 1.03

You don't even need a live account if you're playing on XBOX just connect your console to the internet and it should ask if want to update. There shouldn't really be a question of updating or not since only the newest version will be widely accepted. Reason #1 I never practiced Ivy's infinite.

i love the way GI's work, none of this crap anymore, well less likely to see it.

i know its irrelevant but i miss the iron sword style T_T damn you NAMCO for taking it out.

Back